PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Rally Cancelled!!

NC_Biker
03-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Hard to belive, I wonder if others will follow suit. sounds like there blaming it on bikers too!!! "quote" It is with great sorrow that this historic event had to be cancelled due to attitudes and behaviors of some persons throughout the motorcycle community

forgot the link http://www.heritagemotorcyclerally.com/index.php

harleycutie
03-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Hard to belive, I wonder if others will follow suit. sounds like there blaming it on bikers too!!! "quote" It is with great sorrow that this historic event had to be cancelled due to attitudes and behaviors of some persons throughout the motorcycle community

Where did you hear this?? I have reservations for the first weekend down there in Charleston and tickets to see Skynyrd and Marshall Tucker Band....major bummer if they have cancelled this....damn :unsure: :unsure: :angry:

NC_Biker
03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Link above ^.. Yes what a bummer and I was in the process of finding a room down there.. Looks like Cherokee or Outer Banks just got fuller...Better get a hotel Quick!!!!!

arthureld
03-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Lotsa bad attitudes in the motorcycle community lately. melo

harleycutie
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Link above ^.. Yes what a bummer and I was in the process of finding a room down there.. Looks like Cherokee or Outer Banks just got fuller...Better get a hotel Quick!!!!!

Already got reservations in Cherokee, always good time there and Harrahs is nearby.....won't make Outer Banks but it is a pretty good rally but not as much to do there as Myrtle Beach in my opinion. Thanks for info on Heritage :)

spikester
03-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Cutie,
Looks like it is off for sure this year and the future.
we were planning on going just to see the Marshall tucker band since i used to work for them.

NC_Biker
03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Always a few mess it up for others. I dont bother nobody unless I have too lol. No really I try to get along with everyone. Never encountereed any attitudes, Maybe cause I`m a Big Boy from the South. What a shame anyways, this scares me, if they cancelled because they are afraid of something that Might Happen well we are not safe anywhere`s...

harleycutie
03-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Cutie,
Looks like it is off for sure this year and the future.
we were planning on going just to see the Marshall tucker band since i used to work for them.

What the hell happened Spike?? Gonna read on the link to see if can figure out why....You can't see Marshall Tucker Band or Skynyrd too many times in my opinion yanno??? Major bummed out....maybe they'll be at another rally in the south close by.... Hell bad attitudes are a good thing when it comes to motorcycles ;) :lol: Jazda)): Spike, been to Sidestreet lately? Oh well, there is always Roger's party at his new house in NY for all of us HCGers, right???

Wide
03-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Thats a bummer big time

They had a serious as it comes bike buildoff

spikester
03-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Cutie, did the take out thing, from sidestreet earlier this week,
I had a vendor app for the heritage rally, kinda glad I had not signed up for that one.
I think the contract said no refunds, could be tough getting it back
do not know the situation otherwise.

Blackcloud41
03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
News 2 is being told the organizers were unable to aquire insurance for the rally, causing the cancellation of the event.

For further details, or questions, please call Dave Harvey at 843-296-0371.

NC_Biker
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Sounds about right. Cant get insurance, so blame it on US!!!Attitudes, Crap like that will give me an Attitude!! I wanted to get blamed for Anna`s baby :D

OldSalt
03-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I live in South Carolina and the reason they are posting for it's cancellation is BS. The bottom line is the Heritage Rally has not been making money and they were shortening the Rally this year in hopes of making more profit and now they are cancelling it, because it does not look like they will make a profit this year either.

I think it is shady the way they are writing the story for cancelling it. They make it sound like there is some bad blood amongst bikers that is going to spill out at the Rally, so they are cancelling it because they cannot ensure our safety. The Heritage Rally is just poorly designed. In my opinion a Rally exclusively inside a fairground rather than sponsored by a city ie Daytona, Myrtle Beach, Laconia, Sturgis is just doomed for failure and really not a very good time.

There is one dominant 1% MC in Charleston and there has never been any problems. In fact that club rents out an entire building and sells their support gear inside the fairgrounds during the Rally.

arthureld
03-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh well, there is always Roger's party at his new house in NY for all of us HCGers, right???

No bad attitudes here. lol I am looking forward to getting together with HCGers this summer.

harleycutie
03-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh well, there is always Roger's party at his new house in NY for all of us HCGers, right???

No bad attitudes here. lol I am looking forward to getting together with HCGers this summer.

Well fire up the grill and get the boat ready....hope you got room for TONS of HCGers :lol: :lol: :lol: Jazda)): Get Smile to bring cheese curds, we're set :)

OldBikerGuy
03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Lotsa bad attitudes in the motorcycle community lately. melo

It's them damn helmet laws. ;)

TexasRed
03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Please take a moment out of your today to let this asshole know you do not appreciate being tossed into the 'stereotypical' bullshit pile!

Raymond Owens
Producer, WCBD
rowens@wcbd.com

And another a-hole to let know how you feel for the wording in his article:

Heritage Rally Cancelled (http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=localnews&tableId=134748&pubDate=3/15/2007)
Kyle Stock
kstock@postandcourier.com.

What mattered is that there are people in the motorcycle community that don't know how to act."

An assault at the 2006 rally and a subsequent lawsuit scared off already skittish insurers. Harvey also said rifts are spreading between Lowcountry biking clubs and motorcycle-related businesses.

Bubbaglide
03-18-2007, 07:23 AM
One thing that made my decision not to go is the $40 ticket price for weekends. I like Skynyrd and 38 special but $40 is a little high IMHO. Rumor around the SE is that there is some bad blood brewing between two big 1% clubs. You guys know how rumors are anyway. Never thought this was all that great a rally anyway.

Bubba