PDA

View Full Version : Spring in the Northeast - Hazards and Tips

BikerBabe
03-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Well folks, another gorgeous day here in NH! That makes 3 in a row, I think. :D

We just came in from a short, but very nice ride along some of the back roads in my area. I was thinking of WildThing acutally while trying to ride amongst the tons of sand left behind from this winter's mess. She posted that she is going to wait until the snow and water, salt and sand, are gone before taking out the scoot...safer that way. No doubt she's right. I know, on those back roads today, I didn't push the envelope all too much, because of just that, and found the main roads were much cleaner. Oh and those dang frost heaves were making me wish I had worn a bra. :P :lol:

Since I'm a fairly new rider myself, this made me wonder if all you more experienced folk have some tips and insight, or could share some of the hazards you have experienced and how you have handled it. I'm curious too, when do you usually take that first ride of Spring. It may be helpful for us newbies and the like. Thanks.... :)

RacingOrangeRoadster
03-24-2007, 03:52 AM
Staying on the heavier traveled roads until you get some rain is a darned good idea. And then stay out of the center of the road. As for your tits a floppin, if I was there I could give you a hand.

BikerBabe
03-24-2007, 04:12 AM
As for your tits a floppin, if I was there I could give you a hand.
:lol: I bet ROR, but you would have had to ride bitch. :P :lol:

arthureld
03-24-2007, 04:21 AM
That sand is a bitch. It's especially bad in parking lots around here. You really gotta take it easy until that crap is cleaned up. Seems to take a couple months before it's all gone.
I rode to work today, and it's raining. Good thing me and my bike are waterproof. :D

BikerBabe
03-25-2007, 04:53 AM
The sand scares me a bit. And there's tons at the intersections of a lot of the back roads around here. I haven't ventured into any parking lots yet though. :unsure:

markmor57
03-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Tue. is going to be the day I ride for the first time this year.....salt sand or not. Just have to wash the bike real good after....

88FLHTC
03-27-2007, 12:46 AM
:unsure: Yea, the sand and potholes are pretty tough this time of year. Also, the 4-wheelers aren't used to seeing you out there on your two-wheeler. Takes a while for the mental conditioning for them to recognize the bikes on the road...

Not that it gets any better in months to come anyway... <_<