PDA

View Full Version : Back-Off tail light modulator

skuuterdude
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok, after coming within a nat's ass of being wiped out by a car and driver that didn't see my turn signal and brake-light on an empty 4-lane road, I decided to buy one of those gadgets that make your tail light flash 4 or 5 times before a steady light. Now that I have it, I am concerned about splicing into the ome brake wires to install the thing. Is there anything I need to worry about ? Like voltage regulating problems ?

arthureld
04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I purposly run over bikes with that kind of lights. :D

junior
04-12-2007, 11:14 PM
make sure that if it is a newer bike that the device is compatible with tssm's...

j

falcon
04-13-2007, 05:43 AM
there's a little whatchamacallit that HD sells that you plug into
the harness, change the rear turning signal bulbs and your
rear turning signals turn into brake lights. Just my little input.

skuuterdude
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
I purposly run over bikes with that kind of lights. :D

Geezus Arthur,it's not like I'm putting on a reflective vest or something ! :lol:

SuperSport
10-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Change your rear turn signals to red LEDs and your brake bulb to LEDs, then get the Kuri Aykin back light kit. It is made to plug right into the back light wiring (no splicing) and is ridiculously easy. I had mine installed on my 07 XL 1200C in 15 minutes.

FatBoyPotter
11-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Skuterdude,
Have you seen the HD kits to turn your turn signals into brake, run and turn signals. I put one on wifes bike and plan to on mine. Turns your stock single light into 3 lights.