PDA

View Full Version : changing pipes need help with a pcIII question

95inchfatty
05-05-2007, 07:39 AM
:wacko: Just a quik question for the pcIII helpers. I have a road glide that has a screaming eagle air intake and screaming eagle mufflers on it. The bike was supposedly mapped it has no tuner box so i am guessing it was a map on the bikes initial system. So my question is if I put in a pcIII will the bike need to be remapped back to normal so the pcIII will put in the new download or will it override what is already in there? I am gonna change pipes to either thunderheader duals or v&h true duals.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!! :wacko:

Buster
05-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Evidently your bike had a chip burn from the dealership. When you install the PCIII, you will download a map into the Power Commander that comes the nearest to what you are running on your bike. There are maps with stock ECU's, (no chip burn done) or maps for a stage 1 or stage 2 ECU chip. The map in your PCIII will over ride the dealer chip. Download the map into your PCIII, install the PCIII, and it will do the rest. Pretty simple set-up. I have used a PCIII on a Dyna and now on my Softail. Never had any problems yet! (knocking on wood)

Kagan
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Who is doing the tuning? If a shop with a Dyno is, then don't sweat it. Regardless of the factory ECM map and an added PCIII the outcome will be the same. Tuned.

If you're trying to do it yourself you'd better be sure what you started with. With EFI tuning, the key is a baseline. It sounds like you're saying that you don't have one.

Not a good place to start.

95inchfatty
05-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I presume it would have to be a chip burn or am i missing something? For the bike to have the screamin eagle intake and exhaust i presume it would be the stage 1 chip burn. Is there a way to verify? I was gonna do the work myself but now I am a little hesitant.. :unsure: Thanks again for any advice.