PDA

View Full Version : toms farm

sh2m07
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
copy and pasted from a different site
I took it upon myself to call Management at Toms Farms to ask them about recent changes in the parking situation and attitudes towards bikers and this was their response:

It seems a few weekends ago on a Saturday, an elderly man felt ill while at Toms Farms and an ambulance needed to be called, emergency calls are always responed to by the Fire dept and an Ambulance, the Fire dept was the first to arrive at the scene but because there were so many motorcylcles, according to them, they were having trouble negotiating the turn in their truck right in front of the restaurant, the Fire dept asked the owners of the bikes to move (and this is where the problem begins) seems some of the bikers had been drinking and supposedly when they were asked by the Fire dept to move their bikes they did not want to move and had a bit of an attitude, or so they say, the Fire dept proceeded to make their turn with the bikes still parked where they were and a few bikes were hit by the Fire truck, this is when the comotion began and the police needed to be called, by the time the ambulance arrived there was already a group of people by the bikes, to include the fire truck and police vehicles, the ambulance was not able to park close enough to get to the ill Elderly man who tought was possibly having a heart attack, turns out, luckily for him it was only an anxiety attack.

Apparently, on Sunday of that same weekend, a few riders were sitting around the Newspaper machine found near the steps to the restaurant, the lady that was delivering the newspapers had to ask a few of them to move as they were in her way, it seems this aggravated a few of them and they supposedly knocked the machine over, why, they didn't say, but the machine seems it fell on the ladies leg, consequently breaking her leg, once again, ambulance was called because of bikers, no specific types or affiliations were mentioned, the Fire dept also responded and because of the amount of bikes in the parking lot and difficulty in maneuvering their truck around the bikes, this time no bikes were hit, is where the recent attitude comes from that many of you have noticed. Unfortunately, because of what happened on this one weekend the Fire dept and ABC (Alcholic Beverage Control) felt it was necesarry to enforce on Toms Farms changes to make the front of the restaurant a fire lane, and not allow drinking on the steps or lawn in front of the restaurant. These changes, to include fines were imposed on them, it was not Toms Farms who decided to make the changes that affect all bikers.

To make matters worse, the Security Company hired by Toms Farms took it upon themselves to be rude and agressive towards bikers by saying "bikers are not welcome" or "you are loitering" these comments come directly from the Security Co and not Toms Farms, they were simply trying to enforce the new parking situation. The Security company was never asked to keep bikers away or tell them their business is not wanted. Toms Farms is currently working on possibly changing Security Companies because they are making matters worse, they will also be speaking to them to let all employees know that they are not speaking on behalf of Toms Farms when and if they decide to be rude and incorrect information is passed on and it will not be tolerated.

Toms Farms apologises on behalf of the Security Company and for the way any/all people were treated, they still want our business, they still want bikers to continue visiting their establishment as a meeting place, they simply had to change where bikes can park. I am waiting on an e-mail from Management at Toms Farms explaining their position and responding to many, many other e-mails from more angry and disappointed bikers, I will post as soon as I recieve it.

I am not connected in any way, shape or form with Toms Farms, I am not speaking on their behalf, I am simply posting their response to my question to them as to what happened to cause and/or necesitate recent changes. Whether everyone continues to do business their that is their choice, if anyone chooses to continue to use Toms Farms as a meet place again that is your own personal choice, I am not attempting to dissuade any of you from continuing to or not to go to Toms Farms, I was simply trying to answer my own curiosity as to what had happened and thought I'd share it with y'all, so please don't kill the messenger, I am simply reporting what was said to me. I apologize ahead of time for anything I may have mizpeled to save y'all the trouble of correcting me.

Thank you for your time and for reading this, for those of you that did, and have an awesome day!

Alma

arthureld
05-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I wanna get in on the fun and beat up some old people.

Wide
05-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah lets beat the old fuckers...

Wait, I'm an old fucker :lol:

arthureld
05-07-2007, 11:42 PM

Hey yer right, me too. Guess we better stay away from Tom's farm. melo

sh2m07
05-08-2007, 02:10 AM

Hey yer right, me too. Guess we better stay away from Tom's farm. meloyou both were around when
god was making rocks way before dirt

Mellisa
05-08-2007, 02:34 AM
*parks bike in fire lane...grabs a beer...goes out to the porch...sits down...guzzles (the beer you pervs)...trips a newspaper delivery lady...notices an old man having an anxiety attack...realizes it's Wide*

Brobrian
05-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Never believe the official version of anything. Jazda)):