PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Growlpipe
12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I’m from Delaware and been riding……….,not owning, for 21 yrs. I just bought an ’05 Deluxe. Sweet ride!! I had a ’80 FLH Classic that I got rid of for the Deluxe. I rode that FLH for 15yrs, I’ll miss it but I don’t have room for two bikes, so I had to let it go.
Cool site!! I’ve been a lurker here for some time, trying to feel the place out. I like it, so I’ll lurk no more. Seems like there are a lot of great people here.
Are there many women here???? :D Haha!! Hope everybody had a great Christmas/holiday

Wide
12-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Growlpipe,

Welcome to the forums & thanks for the kind words.

Look foward to your posts & road expierences

Enjoy the forums & make yourself at home 1beer

Growlpipe
12-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Thank you Wide, for the kind words and the welcome!!!

Horse
12-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Welcome Growlpipe to our slice of Harley cyber space. Great fun here, post often, let us know more about yourself, post pictures, enjoy.

Happy New Year

OldSalt
12-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Welcome aboard! The 2005 Deluxe is a darn sharp bike.

TexasFatBoy
12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Welcome growlpipe! Thanks for the kind words and we're glad your lurking experience was a good one!

And I'm sure the ladies will be along soon to provide their own special wlecomes to ya! ;) 1beer

BikerBabe
12-27-2004, 05:39 PM
My ears were ringing boobs ...Hi there Growlpipe......many fine ladies here, if I do say so myself...welcome to HCG!!!

Atch
12-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Welcome, Growlpipe!! Glad ya decided to join us. :rolleyes:

wreckerman
12-27-2004, 07:24 PM
welcome to the hcg family , had a few 80 fl myself but dont realy miss them , you will love the new bike , glad you decided to join up lot's of good folks here and some good tech advice when you need it, feel free to jump in were you like.......

Growlpipe
12-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks to all!! I’ll get some pics together to post, I’ve enjoyed checking out everyone else’s here.
Yeah the Deluxe caught my eye and I haven’t been able to look away yet, I love it!!

I guess I lurked for a while to check out the personality of the site. A lot of cool, informative discussions and threads. It seems everyone is able to add their own opinions and have those opinions accepted rather then being blasted. That’s cool. I really saw the maturity of that on the “Indian Larry vs. OCC thread. Everyone had their likes and dislikes and it didn’t get into a nasty name calling fest. I’ve been on other “Biker” sites where ANYTHING turned into a long, drawn out argument.
I like the Tech threads too!!

Thanks again to all!!

buck
12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
hello growlpipe, welcome to HCG. Nice ride you have. I am in PA,not far above the DEL/PA border. Maybe i will see you sometime.

Buster
12-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Growlpipe.

Almost every forum I have ever been on had so much bickering and fighting going on, that I didn't care to hang around. Everyone has an opinion and should be able to voice it without taking crap from someone else.

Thats what I like about this forum. Its a great place to hang with alot of knowledgeable, good hearted people.

TexasFatBoy
12-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Growlpipe.

Almost every forum I have ever been on had so much bickering and fighting going on, that I didn't care to hang around. Everyone has an opinion and should be able to voice it without taking crap from someone else.

Thats what I like about this forum. Its a great place to hang with alot of knowledgeable, good hearted people.

Aw, fuck you and your opinion, Buster! ;) :lol:

Yea, that is one thing we try to keep out of these forums is any bickering or personal attacks. I think the best example has to be the political forums. Yes, tempers get heated, but of any forum I've ever visited, this is the only one where people can talk political hot-button issues without resorting to name-calling.

NY90
12-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Sorry Growlpipe, no women here! :huh:
Now take your ball and go home! :angry:
What's that you say? <_<
It's autographed? :)
O.K., You can stay. :D

Have fun and post away!

momsridin
12-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Welcome aboard Growlpipe. This is a great little place to get good info and laughter. Enjoy. :)

Growlpipe
12-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Buck,….I live in the Dover area but I ride upstate quite a bit. I ride to Mikes HD a lot to hang out and check out the bikes coming and going. It’s a busy place. Are you familiar with Mikes? I also ride to Lancaster HD, that’s where I bought my new one. I get invited to the barbeques up there. I’ve gotten pretty tight with a couple Tech’s that work there. So yeah, maybe we can meet up sometime. Keep in touch.

90fxrs…I see you’re from NY. I’d expect a reply like that from somebody from New York!!! Hahahaha!!!! ;)

You know, I’m really liking your pic’s momsridn and bikerbabe883!!!! That’s what I’m talking about!!!! Looking good………………………the bikes too!! :D

You guys have a good thing going on here. That’s cool.

BikerBabe
12-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Growlpipe wrote:

You know, I’m really liking your pic’s momsridn and bikerbabe883!!!! That’s what I’m talking about!!!! Looking good………………………the bikes too!!

Now Sweety, where are your pix, eh? :huh:

Growlpipe
12-28-2004, 07:09 PM
They're coming...............................that's what they all say, right? I can't take myself away from your pic's long enough to get anything done!!!!!!!

BikerBabe
01-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Well Growlpipe, I am still waiting...it really is impolite to keep a gal waiting, ya know, especially this gal. <_<

AZDLX
01-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Welcome,

I am excited to know another deluxe owner has joined. I joined yesterday after hovering and reading for a bit. So I keep hearing about pictures of your deluxe....

tradrockrat
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the fun here, and sorry it took so long for me to say hi... :D

Growlpipe
01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome tradrockrat. Hi back to you. I like reading your posts.

AZDLX, welcome to HCG yourself. I sandbagged a while before joining too. I tried a few other sites before I found this one, they just weren’t for me for various reasons. This is a great site, a lot of cool people here and a lot of fun. There’s interesting stuff here too, a little bit of everything.
Yeah, there are a few Deluxe riders here, there’s one from Australia too. I’ll be looking for you on the forums.

Bikerbabe….what can I say…………as long as I keep you waiting, you’ll never be bored! At least it’s not a premature letdown!!!
I did post a couple of the bike in “Pig Roast Tavern” under “Best Picture of your Harley".

BikerBabe
01-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Growlpipe, I may not be bored, but I just may loose interest! ;)
Checked out the scoot....sweet....very nice color....I am partial to black. :)

whodatt
01-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Growlpipe, greetings and salivations! Welcome to the place.

Growlpipe
01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks BB, I like black myself, just like your bike!!!
You know, you can’t give a woman everything at once!! Then there’s nothing left to keep her interest going. You just give em a little at a time……..then they keep coming back for more!!!!!!!! ;)

Whodatt, thanks and congratulations on the Mod position. Good for you man!!!

BikerBabe
01-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks BB, I like black myself, just like your bike!!!
You know, you can’t give a woman everything at once!! Then there’s nothing left to keep her interest going. You just give em a little at a time……..then they keep coming back for more!!!!!!!! ;)

Whodatt, thanks and congratulations on the Mod position. Good for you man!!!

I understand that theory Growlpipe, but you haven't given me anything yet, to hold my interest, so there really isn't much to come back for, now is there?

Growlpipe
01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Come on now BB…………..you’re not one of those hard to please, materialistic, me, me, me type are you?????? :D
Sometimes you have to take it slow.....and............easy!!!!!

BikerBabe
01-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Come on now BB…………..you’re not one of those hard to please, materialistic, me, me, me type are you?????? :D
Sometimes you have to take it slow.....and............easy!!!!!

Growlpipe...there is one thing that should be taken slow and easy....this aint it! B)

rush2112
01-30-2005, 12:04 AM
saw you posting around and thought i would say hi. also in delaware near dover. 04 lava red night train, see ya on rt 9 this summer

Tony
01-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Damn Growl, I thought I said Hi when you first came around...but now I see I damn sure didnt! What the fuck eh?

Anyway, glad to have you here man!!!

Growlpipe
01-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks dudes, hi back to you. Yeah Tony, what the fuck!! :lol: :lol: Thanks for having me. I like it here more and more.

rush2112, Rt. 9 is my favorite road in De to ride, I'll keep my eye out for you. I ride a Black Deluxe. I live right outside Dover also.

windrebel
02-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Hey there,
This is another one of the ladies on the site. Nice to have you here.