PDA

View Full Version : New 07 softail poppin and spittin

G_Rod
05-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Still breakin her in and at about 250 miles she took to runnin really crappy. I also observed the speedo would jump about 5 mph as the poppin would happen. Straight away I figgered it was electrical and what I rekoned wuz correct. After I nursed her home I removed the seat and started her up. I then started fiddling with the various wiring connections until I found one that would duplicate the aforementioned symptoms. Turned out to be the great big plug, the one with about 50 (or so it seemed) connectin pins in it. Seems that some mighty fine engineer somewhere figgered that this connection only needs retaining clips on one side which made the male and female meshing of the 2 pieces kinda crook sideways. Anyhoo with my superior intellect, I found that by holding this connector assembly straight with my hands the ol scooter ran jest fine, but what I couldn't figger out was jest how I was gonna ride it and hold this thang together with my fingers not to mention with no seat either. Anyway my neighbor had one of them new fangled inventions called cable ties and solved my delimma.

wreckerman
05-28-2007, 06:22 PM
good that you figured it out , electrical problems can drive you crazy sounds like you got it fixed , but when you get time you might want to make sure all the pins on the plug are pushed in fully

G_Rod
05-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Did that too wreckerman, thanx.