PDA

View Full Version : my little mishap

Ledhed
07-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I was riding home from a friends house the other night, through some twisties, when all of a sudden I came upon this MORON stopped in the middle of one. I swerved to miss the asshole and was un-able to correct soon enough to stay on the road, and ran into a berm on the opposite side of the road.
Then the STUPID FUCK just drove away. Didn't even ask if I was alright.
As for me! I came out with a few scratches and feelin' like I got my ass beat, but still in one piece. As for my bike. It sustained some minor damage, not so much that it can't be rode, except the lights prevent me from riding at night till I get them fixed.

Here's a few pics.

L3ft2
07-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I hope there was enough light and time for you to get a good look at his bike and helmet. That way you can kick his ass later!

Ledhed
07-04-2007, 10:17 PM
No! It was dark, and it was a midsized cage. So I had to ride home to the light of a full moon. the last 10 miles of twisties was 'interesting' to say the least. I can only imagine whatpeople thought when the saw my lights pointing to the sky. not one of my 3 lights were on the road.

D.N.F.
07-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Once again the human race comes through with shining colours.

Glad you made it through without a scratch on you at least.

mightywarlock
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
welcome to the Crash club!

I hope to get my bike back any day now, and asked to get my old parts back. if i have anything you can use (crash bar or floorboard?) let me know.

thorsblood
07-04-2007, 10:50 PM
I would have nuclear meltdown. The lengths I'd have gone too in order to identify that asswipe defy my presently clearheaded ability to define. Glad your okay. Seems it tis the season.

Red_Molly
07-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Led, I am glad you sustained only minor damage. It pisses me off to hear a fellow human being, one who caused this accident, ran off. Good luck with the healing and the bike work

wreckerman
07-05-2007, 01:41 AM
glad you lived to post this , and yes it sucks big time , willing to bet even if you found the cage it would say something like really i dint know anything happened

anarchy
07-05-2007, 03:37 AM
glad you're okay... sucks about the bike, though...

DChik99
07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
"tis the season indeed. Reading about too many crashes here lately. Glad to hear you are alright Led. Why don't we ever read about the dumb cager stopped on a blind curve getting pummeled by a Mack truck? Its always the numbnuts drivers causing problems for the two-wheelers!

Ledhed
07-06-2007, 02:21 AM
glad you lived to post this , and yes it sucks big time , willing to bet even if you found the cage it would say something like really i dint know anything happened

Yeah! Probably some fuckin' crackhead dropped his pipe!!! :angry: Oh well! It coulda been alot worse!

Ledhed
07-06-2007, 02:28 AM
"tis the season indeed. Reading about too many crashes here lately. Glad to hear you are alright Led. Why don't we ever read about the dumb cager stopped on a blind curve getting pummeled by a Mack truck? Its always the numbnuts drivers causing problems for the two-wheelers!

You're right! I've been heariing and seeing it too! Saw another crotch rocket go down on the Ortega Hwy last week! Seems like it's way too regular anymore.

Stelis
07-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Last Fall I had a similar occurrence but I managed to slow down before I hit the car in front of me.

I was on Ortega Hwy, and coming around a blind curve (right where the big "S" curves are before you get to the Candy Store) and find a line of stopped cars. I managed to hit the brakes hard without locking the wheels, but still had to veer into the opposite lane. Fortunately there were no oncoming cars.

I about shit my pants.

DChik99
07-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Ortega highway is dangerous indeed. Its a country highway that has turned into a main thoroughfare. I don't know what's more menacing on that road, the cagers or the rice rockets!

arthureld
07-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey Led, glad ya survived. Take care my friend.

Ezlivn
07-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Led....glad you're ok and yes it could have been worse. I had the misfortune to witness a fellow biker under a tarp after he hit a Moose. He was wearing a full face helmet and full leather and still had no chance of survival.

It's quite a humbling experience to see someone laying there under a tarp. :(

Ledhed
07-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I too have seen someone laying under the tarp. It was years ago. It's what helped me give up rice burners. Then a few weeks after that I nearly lost my head to an oncoming cage crossing the line. I figured that my turn was coming if I didn't wise up some.

Ledhed
07-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey Led, glad ya survived. Take care my friend.

Good to see ya Roger! Glad that you're little incident wasn't any worse. You take care of yourself. We expect you back out here in SoCal to ride again! Warlock is planning another twistie ride later this summer!

TexasRed
07-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Agreed on the numnets on the roadways :blink2:

Ledhed .. glad you are here to tell us about it.

Here's hoping karma finds that asshole soon <_<

48Pan
07-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Sorry about your mishap. Luckily you are here to tell us about it. It's too bad you couldn't get a hold of him. (by the throat) I'm sure if you could, you would have convinced him to be more careful in the future.

Always try keep the shinny side up!

48Pan
07-08-2007, 01:27 AM
P.S. God Bless our troops and the Patriot Guard

Ledhed
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
My bike wasn't as bad as I had originally thought! This was a big deal for me, not the fixin' it, but the fact that my bike is my only means of transportation.
After I got the engine guard off and foot boards changed, it was just a matter of aligning the head lamps and she was rideable. I was soooooo jazzed, that I got on and rode her to Pomona H.D. to get the brake pads I needed. I didn't even put the windshield back on, I just took off. (Was that a mistake, riding against the wind damn near took my helmet right off!) So back on with the windshield today!

Robustus
07-12-2007, 04:28 AM
Ted, That Pomona HD has a great supply of parts, Havne't been able to pick some things up for a couple months at either of Skipps dealearships or OC but Pomona had them in when I was there on Saturday. We need to get together again soon to ride, when is Doe coming back from the Island?

Ledhed
07-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't know for sure when she'll be home. I think she's hiding out from the heat.