PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 ThunderMax tuning help

easyeast
07-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Anyone been able to tune out the decel pop? (and exhaust flame at speeds over 70mph.) Only happens when throttle is closed and doesn't occur during idle blip. I can tolerate it during decel at speeds below 50mph but I scared the shit out of my buddies on a road trip last month when we came up on traffic and a flame shot out the muffler with a "shot gun" blast. Thought someone took a pot shot at us. Already sent an email to TM support and am waiting for reply still. There is no accel pop but I do get a bit while shifting.

07 RK (6spd/96ci)
Zippers Air 2.25"
Rush SO 1.75 right side /2.25 left side
Closed loop w/ WB O2
AFR still at factory TM settings
Avg. head temp 256-264

easyeast
07-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Got a reply today from TM that stated they are working on a software fix and also have a restrictive plug of some sort for people running factory head pipes with SO's. Anyone able to tune out most of the problem on their own.

D.N.F.
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I only get decel pop on speeds below 30 mph and not all the time. Generally get it on coasting down a hill or something. No flames as far as I know.

Sleeps_In_Trees
08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
The TMAT firmware update (EFI_THUNDERMAX_01_Version45_07_17_07.B19) will fix decell popping issues w/out having to add anything to your mufflers. Zippers still hasn't released the update to the general public yet, but has passed it out at rallies etc. & copies are floating around various internet forums. I haven't had any popping (since I installed the TMAT), just a little 'gargling', but I updated my firmware yesterday & noticed an immediate difference, decell is totally SMOOOOOTH now. TMAT rocks!!!

Anyone intersted in this firmware update can email me for the file:

white1808 at bellsouth dot net

VicW.