PDA

View Full Version : losing weight

firestarter
07-27-2007, 07:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has found a successful diet or diet pill that will help you lose the weight. I gained about 15 lbs in the last year and have started trying to agressively lose it and get back to my normal size. I have lost 5 lbs so far but the other 10 is a little more stubborn. Anyone found anything that helps out significantly?
I am starting to ride my bicycle in the afternoons more and have the weightbench in the a/c to work out anytime of the day I can.
I've done the fat to muscle diet years ago and it worked well, but don't want to do it again because there is so much food to buy and prepare. It's alot of work and my body gets used to the proteins and no fat and when I eat fat, I can't keep it down which can be a problem. Any suggestions?

Chopper_Bob
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
How about the Diabetic Diet? works for me ! :rolleyes: ( Diabetic )

KewlBiker
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
The Abs Diet is by far the best one I have found!

wildthing
07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't trust or recommend diets, it's a temporary fix. Maintaining lost weight is a lifestyle change of your eating habits.

Myself I've found eating in increments helps because your metalbolizm burns more. If I bring a sandwich for lunch I'll eat half and an hour later the other half. Drinking a full glass of water before each meals helps you get full faster and I'm lucky I'm not a night snacker. Exercise is important and I've found walking helps tone and drop pounds. My favorite that was the most noticable was PILATES, I swear by this. Don't have to bust your ass to see results.

Good luck FS. But the unfornate part about losing weight is the last 10# is always the hardest and age is also working against us.

arthureld
07-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Not that I would recommend it, but my accident really woke me up. Being over weight didn't help me in any way when I plowed into the side of a car. People like to joke about extra padding helping in an accident but that's a crock.
When my bones came to a sudden stop, the rest of me wanted to keep going. That tore me up.
I've lost at least 30 lbs since the accident. No special diet. I just cut down on drinking and stopped eating out so much. And I only keep healthy food around the house.
Good luck

Shorty
07-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Low carb works for me everytime. I eat like a pig and lose considerable weight each week. My husband did it for 6 weeks and lost 30 lbs. Went off his high blood pressure and cholestoral meds too. Once you get down to your desired weight maintenance is a breeze. Good luck!

MedievalWoman
07-27-2007, 11:02 PM
I"m a carboholic, lol. I count fat grams. Good luck FS. When Rob moved in with me two years ago he took over the cooking and damn if I didn't gain weight. I'm back to working on it now. My son's getting married next year and I want to be a sexy mother of the groom. :lol:

JR73
07-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Try phentermine, it works really well. It's a prescription but you can get it online. Oh and if you are on blood pressure meds you can't take it. JR

firestarter
07-28-2007, 01:32 AM
I have done the carb diet before and only gained weight while my hubby lost! GRRR! I can't take the phentermine or most diet pills due to my blood pressure, which limits me to mostly diet and excerise.
Art, not sure I want to try losing it the way you are.
The 5 I lost was by cutting out alcohol during the week and eating lower fat foods and lower calories. I'll have to check out the other diets mentioned and see if that is something that RN will eat on too. That's the problem is that I have to cook for both of us and I don't want to have to cook 2 meals and eat yukky stuff while he enjoys the good food.

buckanddot
07-28-2007, 02:39 AM
I've been trying to get Dot to try Dr. Buck's new miracle sperm diet. It's easy..... every time you feel the urge to eat, you just give your husband/boyfriend a blowjob. It works because it satisfies the craving to munch on something and/or to have something in your mouth, gives the dieter needed protein, keeps them occupied so they don't think about eating and actually burns calories both from the diet itself and the other strenuous workout this type of diet can lead to.

so far her only reply has been "yeah, right".

MedievalWoman
07-28-2007, 02:46 AM
I've been trying to get Dot to try Dr. Buck's new miracle sperm diet. It's easy..... every time you feel the urge to eat, you just give your husband/boyfriend a blowjob. It works because it satisfies the craving to munch on something and/or to have something in your mouth, gives the dieter needed protein, keeps them occupied so they don't think about eating and actually burns calories both from the diet itself and the other strenuous workout this type of diet can lead to.

so far her only reply has been "yeah, right".

I think that would depend on the diet of the receiver of the blowjob. If he was eating high carbs then the miracle sperm would be fattening. :lol:

buckanddot
07-28-2007, 03:10 AM
I think that would depend on the diet of the receiver of the blowjob. If he was eating high carbs then the miracle sperm would be fattening. :lol:

then I guess it's back to "binge and purge".....

or just ignore the phase....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/buckanddot/Iswallow.jpg

smile2005
07-28-2007, 03:17 AM
My doctor went on the Sonoma Diet, which includes Mediterranean cooking, & she lost a lot of weight & it's very healthy for you. I did buy the book & the recipes sound yummy but it's too much preparation for me always being on the go & also being single & only cooking for myself. Before my doctor went on the Sonoma Diet, I had a discussion with her about diets & she said that she felt between The Adkins Diet & The South Beach Diet, that the South Beach Diet was the healthiest choice. My sister calls it the "South Bitch" Diet. lol Weight Watchers is a good plan also & having to be accountable with journaling & staying within a 'point' range or following the core plan. And of course...getting out there & moving the body & exercising. I just started following Weight Watchers again on my own cuz I have all the materials through the years from when I made it to goal weight twice & I am a lifetime member. It's a pain in the butt writing everything down but it sure is a wakeup call.
Good luck FS in whatever you choose to do!

Shorty
07-28-2007, 04:14 AM
I have done the carb diet before and only gained weight while my hubby lost! GRRR!How the heck did you manage that!? If you end up trying it again let me know and Ill send you some great recipes I have and some tips that worked for me. You said you only had 15 lbs to lose though? That shouldnt be hard to do no matter what plan you choose. ;)

rockhead
07-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Iv'e lost 42 lbs. since March . I joined a gym and got a personal trainer for a 12 week program. I watch what I eat ,eat chicken and fish . But I think its been the supplements Im taking that keep me on track.You can go to Advocare .com and check them out . It worked for me.

posserider
07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
For long term results, the experts I have talked to recommend: 6 small meals per day, max of 60 carbs per meal, 30 minutes of exercise a day. I started this 2 years ago & it works well for weight control plus it makes me feel more energetic

Mellisa
07-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Firestarter, your weight loss in the beginning could have been water weight, which is the first to go, the most exciting, and the most temporary. If you keep dieting, your body will begin to lose fat and the water will come back a little. This means that you won't actually see any weight loss even though you are losing fat.
If you work out, you're losing fat *which doesn't weigh much* and replacing it with muscle *which weighs more* So the results will be frustrating when you go to the scale.
Your body will be in better shape and if you were looking at you at the cellular level, you'd be thrilled. Happy cells! But the scale will show little or no loss. Don't focus on that scale. It's evil. Focus on how you feel, how your clothes feel. Focus on good eating habits.
Eleminate some of the things you love that are most certainly bad for you (or at least cut way back) and add foods and drinks that are good for you. Add habits that make you feel good, like walking around a nearby lake or shopping mall????? Take healthy snacks with you when you go somewhere for when you get hungry.
When you have to eat fast food, try the new healthier choices at places like Wendy's. I grab a side salad, baked potato, and a milk.
Best of luck to you. Weight is a constant battle for some people and there is very little about our society that builds us up and offers real solutions.
If it is a compulsive problem, I found a sisterhood at Overeaters Anonymous. *hug*

firestarter
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Melissa, thanks for the advice. I have been into weight lifting since I was 20 yrs old. I have gotten out of the routine in the last year because I didn't have a weight bench. Then I got a weight bench again but had to have it in the garage, with the heat here in Houston after about May it was too hot to work out in the morning out there. Since then my son moved out into an apartment and it is now in his bedroom. I also bought a bike and am starting to ride it in the afternoons late.
I am not concentrating on the scale but rather how I look naked in the mirror. That is my biggest focus. Trying to look like I used to for Hubby! hehehe No alterior motives here huh? The better I look the, the higher my drive, the more I get! hehehe
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm eating on a saucer now and having healthier snacks in between if I get hungry. The trouble with me is that I have never been one to get hungry but about 1 or 2 times a day. I know this is not good and am forcing myself to eat more regularly. I don't like friuts, nuts, sweets but I love meat and veggies. I've cut out rice, potatoes, bread, sugars and other starches I don't need and won't miss. Will let ya'll know how it goes.

smile2005
08-04-2007, 03:02 AM
My brother just shared this FREE site with me last night. It looks pretty helpful.

http://sparkpeople.com/

TexasRed
08-04-2007, 06:11 AM
ROFLMAFAO Buck!! You lemme know how that works out .. haahaha ... :lol:

OH, and you cant tell George it if does :unsure:

FS ~ George switched to the diabetic diet as adkins, etc. never worked more than 9-10lbs. He walks 1/2hr daily, stretches 30min & follows that diet. He's down 30lbs since January. He is now off Topral [BP], Tricor [triglycerides] and down to 1/2 a blood pressure pill so its doing the trick.

Good luck :)

rebelcowgirl
12-05-2007, 03:11 AM
I have done the carb diet before and only gained weight while my hubby lost! GRRR!How the heck did you manage that!? If you end up trying it again let me know and Ill send you some great recipes I have and some tips that worked for me. You said you only had 15 lbs to lose though? That shouldnt be hard to do no matter what plan you choose. ;)

could ya send sme of those recipies my way please???

SuperSport
12-05-2007, 03:30 AM
You can get phentermine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine) (beware clever alternate spellings) from an off-shore supplier (http://www.usmedcenter.com/iteminfo.asp?item=phentermine&GCID=S17990x007&KEYWORD=phentermine&MATCHTYPE={ifsearch:search}{ifcontent:content}) without a prescription, I've read on weight-loss blogs. I ordered some yesterday that are supposed to be shipped overnight, but have not arrived yet. Internet prices range from US$65 - US$300 for 90 37.5 mg caplets. I went with the low-price option as a test.

I got a limited prescription from my primary care physician 2 years ago and lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks. I was loving it, but the drastic weight loss concerned the fucking doc and he wouldn't give me a refill. Consequence? I will probably die of obesity because the docs are mortally afraid of a malpractice suit resulting from some complication due to the use of an amphetamine derivative.

I don't give a shit; I just want to curb this bottomless pit called a stomach without surgery.

rebelcowgirl
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
whew!! you sound like me! I am actally in "queue" to begin the lap-band program at the gastroenterolgy center in Portland some time in January. Part of the process requires me to have an exercise routine in place and also dietary support. They want to be sure I can commit to this type of program. I know it all takes will power and I've got all the health issues, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, joint pain, to justify this surgery. After visiting the dietitcian today, I came to the realization that if I can commit to a healthy eating/exercise plan, I can avoid a surgery that will greatly restrict what I eat for the rest of my life!!! Do I really want that?? I'm not so sure now. So I'm going into this sensible eating plan with an open mind and renewed spirit. There is no magic pill or surgery...they all come with a price...figuratively and literally. Just my 2 cents...

Tamsport
01-09-2008, 12:38 AM
OK here goes, I gained 10lbs because I quit smoking a month ago. My goal now is to get healthy and lose about 15-20lbs. The new drug called Chantix really helped me quit. Made me sick as hell but that's why I only took it for 10 days total. I looked at it as, I can lose weight. I can't get a new set of lungs. I'd rather be fat then dead. Just the thought of an oxygen tank and no air in my old age kinda got me. I'm 36 now and shit it only gets better! I'm really trying to give up soda, I have to mix Capt Morgan with something, don't I? And in the process of losing my mind I also got my hair cut short. I'm starting to like it and the new me. Coming into my own, I guess. It's 60 degrees today, damn shame I listened to hubby and took boots and coat out of my trunk. Spring, spring is coming! So there's a bit more of me to love, but it will all work out in the end. Doesn't it always?

wreckerman
01-09-2008, 01:05 AM
the big problem with diets and pills , is it might work first time , but most gain the weight back with in a year , instead should remember 2 rules don't eat more food then the size of your fist, limit yourself too 3 meals a day without snacks, and exercise can only help , not only with your calestral but with burning callerys

Shorty
01-09-2008, 01:15 AM
OK here goes, I gained 10lbs because I quit smoking a month ago. My goal now is to get healthy and lose about 15-20lbs. The new drug called Chantix really helped me quit. Made me sick as hell but that's why I only took it for 10 days total. I looked at it as, I can lose weight. I can't get a new set of lungs. I'd rather be fat then dead. Just the thought of an oxygen tank and no air in my old age kinda got me. I'm 36 now and shit it only gets better! I'm really trying to give up soda, I have to mix Capt Morgan with something, don't I? And in the process of losing my mind I also got my hair cut short. I'm starting to like it and the new me. Coming into my own, I guess. It's 60 degrees today, damn shame I listened to hubby and took boots and coat out of my trunk. Spring, spring is coming! So there's a bit more of me to love, but it will all work out in the end. Doesn't it always?Damn, good for you!! Im 47 and Im here to tell ya, it gets WAY better. :D I quit smoking too, gained a few lbs, who the hell cares. When youre loved and healthy the rest is just petty shit.
The haircut thing though, useless w/o pics. ;)

tammysue
04-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Just saw this thread and thought i would add my 2 cents. I started a new weight loss plan called Ideal Protein (check for more info on web page) on Friday. I was weighed and measured and explained the system. You do have to buy the protien packets(about $3.27 a packet). Anyways to make a long story short i have lost 8lbs in 7 days. Yes I know the first 10 to 20 lbs is water but boy is it satisfying to step on the scale and see it go down. I will be weighed and measured weekly and i have a counseler to talk to when ever i need her. So far so good. Also my counseler is also on the diet and she has lost 55lbs and is maintaining. So I will keep you informed on my progress. I need to lose 39lbs that i gained from quiting smoking. Good luck to all you ladies who are in the same boat as me.

arthureld
04-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I plan to lose weight gradually over a long period of time when I die.

MedievalWoman
04-14-2008, 09:42 PM
I've lost 23 lbs since Jan. Taking my time I have my cheat day every weekend. Last night was shrimp grilled in garlic and butter, steak tips and a baked potatoe.

I eat everything during the week, just in moderation..

Need to get back into the 50 Harley shirts been sitting in my drawer the past two years. Most never worn yet. That's my incentive. Jazda)):

tammysue
05-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Weighed in yesterday I am now down 25 lbs and feel great. I was planning on losing 39 lbs but now that i see myself i will be stopping and maintaining this weight. The BF just smiles at me constantly and i feel on top of the world. My whole body has changed and i keep having people tell me how much more confident i act. I am very proud of myself that i stuck to this diet. I am learning after 40 years how to eat properly (i was a junk food eater) and you know what vegetables aren't that bad(never ate them till i started this whole thing). Anyways sorry to take up space but sometime you just have to shout it out!!!lol!!! Chow for now

snoof
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
good for you tammysue.