PDA

View Full Version : lower motor tabs broken

whitehog69
08-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Does anyone got an idea on how to fix the lower case front tabs that hold the front of the motor to the frame on a 1994 evo motor? I can't believe they broke off. Hopefully I can postpone getting a new lower case for a little bit. Thanks for the help.

rodbender
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
You'll have to have them welded back on make sure you have a engine mount for location.

junior
02-11-2008, 11:27 PM
couple of thoughts....

beofre anything- i'd find out why they broke. mislaignment, whatever. otherwise whatever you do is going to repeat itslef.

second, like you, i've never heard of that happening. while it is possible to weld now tabs on, i'd be more inclined to replace the cases.

jmho-

j

Relic
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Junior is right, I wouldn't do anything until I found out what made them break. Better replace the cases. I usually use Delkiron cases.....better bang for your buck.

Nitram_b4
02-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I got a guy that works for me that has one cracked on his old bike.. wonder how many are out there

Relic
02-12-2008, 12:57 AM
I got a guy that works for me that has one cracked on his old bike.. wonder how many are out there

I've seen tons of them. I normally replace the cases and check any engine trans alignment issues. Usually if the tabs are broken the ring that the primary fits over is gone too. So, If you have a primary leak....you can bet the cases are screwed.