PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on Insurance

Harley-Ray
12-31-2004, 04:30 AM
Not all companies will do this and most agents won't tell you about it unless you ask, but some companies in some states will allow you to suspend coverages while your scoot is in winter storage. After all when the bike is in the garage for 4-5 months you don't need anything but fire, theft and vandalism (comprehensive), the savngs can be worth the call. For the record I have State Farm in Wisconsin. See if you can turn off the liability and collision coverage during winter storage.

And to all of you who have weather that allows to ride comfortably year round, please be aware that all us northerners hate you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jk enjoy the nice southern weather!!!!

Ratbike
12-31-2004, 04:37 AM
Good piont. In the past this used to work here in Michigan, but for the last few years they have told me that it was built into the price so I would just cancel the insurance. Probably not the best thing to do, but I still work for a living.

Horse
12-31-2004, 04:51 AM
I have State Farm out here in the Seattle WA. area and they do not allow winter suspension any longer. Recalculated rates for full year / full coverage because the majority of riders do ride in the winter, or at least when it's not raining.

wreckerman
12-31-2004, 01:58 PM
i think in il they quote you for 9 months coverage , but have a raining day thing wear you can ride it on spot days ..during the winter

TexasFatBoy
12-31-2004, 04:05 PM
Winter storage? Months at a time where you do not ride? What are these alien concepts you speak of? :P

Sorry, just couldn't resist - It's New Year's Eve and expected to be 76 degrees and the same all weekend! B)