PDA

View Full Version : Warm-weather riders having trouble buying at MSRP

Atch
01-01-2005, 06:58 AM
I was at a dealership in Illinois on New Year's Eve, and the Sales Manager told me that he had sold 8 bikes last week, and 6 this week to dealers in southern states at MSRP. These dealers were also sending trucks up to get them. It's no wonder you guys have trouble finding bikes at MSRP when the dealer is paying another dealer MSRP for the bike, and paying for shipping to his location. Solution??? Hey, we have our own little network here--Let's use it!!!! Could we possibly work together, and locate a bike for a "coastal" rider?? Maybe offer to put the guy up for a day if he's able to come north and get the bike??? I, for one, would be willing to at least make a few phone calls, and attempt to help one of "our own" find the bike he (or she) wants.
Whattayathink?????

TexasFatBoy
01-01-2005, 05:15 PM
That is one great thing about the network of friends we are buildin here, but some of it is just doin' a little shopping as well. There are a few dealers down this way who sell at MSRP every day and have some good extras like 20% off accessories, etc. Sometimes just a matter of searchin.

Course when I start looking, I might go cross country to get a new one just to enjoy the ride home with stops to meet up with HCGer's all over! :P

momsridin
01-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I dare say if you hooked up a few friends with the MSRP deal there might be a little extra "kindness" shown to you from your local dealer. Could be that everyone could benefit from the deal.

Atch
01-02-2005, 02:56 AM
Just tryin to help---If somebody has trouble finding a bike at MSRP, all you have to do is post that your'e looking for one (color, equipment, etc.) and I'm sure you'll get some help.
Atch

momsridin
01-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Just tryin to help---If somebody has trouble finding a bike at MSRP, all you have to do is post that your'e looking for one (color, equipment, etc.) and I'm sure you'll get some help.
Atch
Sounds good to me. We looked a several dealers before we found one that would go with MSRP. Great idea Atch.

Plano-Hog
01-11-2005, 09:19 PM
:D TX Corpus Christi HD msrp last june for a 04 heritage

http://www.corpuschristiharley.com/

I had to run 400 miles south of dallas to get anything..

-T

TexasFatBoy
01-11-2005, 09:35 PM
:D TX Corpus Christi HD msrp last june for a 04 heritage

http://www.corpuschristiharley.com/

I had to run 400 miles south of dallas to get anything..

-T

Ya shoulda gone to Russ Welch in College Station - I think they do MSRP everyday. B)

WolfSpectre
01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Harley Davidson of New Orleans (http://www.hdno.com), Metairie branch does MSRP daily. 10 minute ride from my house.

Drebbin
01-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, depends on what "south" is ! I can tell u that in the VA area there is NO SHORTAGE of new bikes. One dealer is PACKED on the floor AND has a warehouse with 100+.

The bubble has burst.

Now HD may actually have to implement QUALITY service, QUALITY parts & acc.

Anyway, good idea you have. DREBBIN

hogwylde
01-12-2005, 02:02 AM
If traveling north/south/east/west is not a viable option, you can check out www.hawgeye.com for an MSRP dealer near you. It also has a place for people to leave input on dealer's sales and service habits. Provides for some interesting reading.

hogwylde
01-12-2005, 02:06 AM
My bad. Looks like the site URL has been changed. I will post it (if it still exists) if I find it.

NY90
01-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Can you just imagine the day that Harley starts to discount their bikes to move 'em out. An actual year end clearance sale.
I hope the powers that be in Milwaukee don't send their henchmen after me. <_<

hogwylde
01-12-2005, 02:44 AM
The site I was trying to refer you to is http://stealer-dealer.com/apage.htm

Scarecrow
01-12-2005, 02:58 AM
We're in the south, and we have roughly 80 new bikes on the floor all at MSRP.

There are a few dealerships out there that are square.

Floridahawg
01-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Here is FL, there are stealers that won't even sell ya a scoot if you've got a stealer in the county you reside in. I.e. - last time I went scoot shopping, went to Miami and then checked prices in Palm Beach County and Broward etc. Palm Beach told me they would not sell to me unless I lived within the county. What a bunch of crapper

I'll be in the market again for a new scoot come time for the 06's and ain't going to Palm Beach County.

Damn stealers groucho
Hawg

Scarecrow
01-13-2005, 11:23 AM
The reason for that is purely business. If I sell a bike to someone local, I'm pretty much guranteed to make a few grand in accessory sales, and services over 2 years. Outside my sales area, I'm helping someone else. Dealerships that have good local sales are pretty reluctant to let go of that money. Dealerships with less sales tend to allow it for the "quick buck".