PDA

View Full Version : Revtech DFO and 07 FLHTC

caddis16
10-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Okay so my DFO came in today and I read the directions and decided that I could install it tonight. Things went well until I came to the part about "lifting up the rear of the fuel tank and propping it open". No fargin' way! Has anyone out there ever managed to put a DFO on an Electra Glide without taking the gas tank all the way off? What is the secret? Am I just too stupid to see the obvious?

Anyway I put the bike back together and decided I would burn all the gas (tank is full) Saturday and install the DFO Sunday. Now I got a DFO, a set of Python slip ons, and a K&N filter kit sitting in the garage just waiting to set my FLHTC free!

Oh yeah first post. Hi I'm Don from Maine. Pleased ta meet ya.

springer-
10-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Don,

Is it possible that the direction only require propping it up. You can probably loosen the tank and prop up without disconnecting any lines allowing you access to install the DFO.

caddis16
10-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Well after further review the facts are all in. I am an idiot. I can get at the injectors without removing the tank. I just have to remove the console. Duh. I can't imagine why I bought a shop manual if I'm not gonna read it. It sucks being stupid.

caddis16
10-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Ok just an update if anyone cares. Got all the parts installed. Pythons sound great, RK-3909 is a quality product, and this was the best 600 bucks I ever spent. What a difference. More power, better response and I am running much cooler. I still need to get the DFO dialed in a bit better. Am getting some decel. popping and my gas milage when down
a bunch.

springer-
10-17-2007, 07:10 AM
We have a saying....
"In SERT we trust, all others pay GAS"

All the DFO is going to do is add fuel. Start at the lowest setting and add a little. With no timing adjustments you won't see much of a gain and you will typically see a drop in gas mileage.

springer-
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Since you're only in Fairfield, if you want to bring the bike down we'll put it on the dyno and dial in your DFO for you.

caddis16
10-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Nice Springer! Lemme check the piggy bank and see what I have left to spend.
I really wanted to get her dialed in before winter. How much ya think?
I heard it is going to be in the 70's next week. I might have to take Monday off and come see ya.

springer-
10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
On the weekend would be better than Monday for us if possible. As far as money, I wasn't offering to charge you. With a DFO it should only take a couple runs, there isn't much dialing in. Probably take about an hour or so.

caddis16
10-18-2007, 07:47 AM
See the nicest people really do ride Harleys.
We may be able to work something out. I am booked solid this weekend doing a fargin' inventory at work.

I couldn't possibly take a service for nothing and would have to come up with some sort of fee, trade, or something? Need any electrical stuff? How about fishing flies? A bottle of good booze? Lunch? My wife for a couple of hours? We will think of something.....

caddis16
10-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Had I known about you I might have sprung for the SERT. I had nightmares about North Country and weeks waiting for my bike and things being worse after dropping a grand on Screaming Eagle shit.

springer-
10-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Had I known about you I might have sprung for the SERT. I had nightmares about North Country and weeks waiting for my bike and things being worse after dropping a grand on Screaming Eagle shit.

We would be happy to explain the SERT while you're here. We are located about 1 mile from North Country. Let just see what we can do with the DFO first.

Bring a pic of the wife too ... http://www.springer.ws/rofl.gif

caddis16
10-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Maybe Sunday? Weather permitting We might be done counting by then. My wife told me to keep her out of this so the offer of her services is off the table. whip ip