PDA

View Full Version : BC Transferable plates... Important!!!!

D.N.F.
10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
TRANSFERABLE PLATES FOR MOTORCYCLES
In November of 2003 after presenting a proposal to ICBC, the B.C. Coalition of Motorcyclists and Blair Lekstrom, M.L.A. Peace River South were told that transferable plates for motorcyclists were “doable” and would be available in January 2005. After sending out press releases to that effect the Coalition was then informed that with the take over of the B.C. Utility Commission as the new regulator of ICBC the deal was off.

The Transferable Plate Program consists of strict rules to which motorcyclists must adhere to be eligible, for further info go to www.bccom-bc.com. Over the winter we are going to be pushing very hard to try and make this happen. If you would like to see this program implemented please sign our petition to be presented to the Provincial Government, The Honorable John Les, Solicitor General and Minister of ICBC, and the Insurance Corporation of B.C.
The petition will be available at the BCCOM booth at the Vancouver Toy Run on October 7th. If you are unable to attend the Toy Run we will also have the petition available at different events that we are attending coming up, including the Vancouver Motorcycle Show, January 24-27 at the Tradex in Abbotsford. If you are not planning to attend either of these events yet feel that you could get 100 signatures or more in your community. Please let us know and we can sent you the forms. Thank you for your support!

D.N.F.
10-15-2007, 10:25 PM
ok, I must be the only guy in BC with more than one bike?

Sheesh.

Anyways thought I would get the word out.

Shorty
10-15-2007, 10:49 PM
ok, I must be the only guy in BC with more than one bike?Around here you probably are.
What exactly do you mean by transferrable DNF? One plate for multiple bikes? Are all bikes registered under that plate number? Does it cost more...or less?

D.N.F.
10-16-2007, 12:14 AM
One plate, as many bikes as you want.

Pay insurance on highest bike plus some fee per additional bike (like $50 per). Details are scanty.

You can only ride one at a time right? Right now we pay full insurance per bike.

Yeah I must be the only western Canuck on here I guess.

Wide
10-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Kind of like new car Dealer plates here in the US

Wish I could do this. groucho

Shorty
10-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Jeez, sounds like a win/win for a multi-bike owner. I hope it pans out for yall.

resection3d
10-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Would never work down here. Govt would lose too much in taxes (greedy phucks!). Surprised they are bringing it up, up there!

D.N.F.
10-16-2007, 10:10 PM
We have govt auto insurance which is mandatory, however you can take the minimum and go with a secondary insurer.

The govt rates are just stupidly high. If I was to insure just with the govt insurance my rates would be three times those in Alberta (next door).