PDA

View Full Version : I have a Bad feeling......

PoorBoy
10-23-2007, 07:37 AM
I was driving home last night from north central Michigan, Hunting Deer. I was heading east on County road 20 into Mt Pleasant around 9:30 pm, and man were the deer out. I felt safer in the truck this night for sure. But as Im cruising along, I get passed by some kid on a crotch rocket doing well over 70 in a 50 going the other direction, and I thought, man, that Dipshit better keep his eyes peeled and lay way off the throttle. So 20 miles go by, the roads blocked by EMS and police, directing a detour around an accident scene about 1/2 mile ahead. I came around the detour back to 20 which was the scene. I saw what appeared to be the remains of maybe a Harley bagger, and no other vehicles involved, So my thought is that the person whacked deer.

I Dont know the rider, And I dont frankly care if the bike was Harley or not, I just needed to let you folks know that we all need to slow down when riding at night, especially at this time of the year, cause the deer dont care about how loud the pipes are, they didnt do this guy anygood by the looks of what was left.

Slow down, keep your eyes peeled,and make sure everyone in your life knows how much you love them ,everyday. Its your resposibility.

10-23-2007, 07:57 AM
I Dont know the rider, And I dont frankly care if the bike was Harley or not, I just needed to let you folks know that we all need to slow down when riding at night, especially at this time of the year, cause the deer dont care about how loud the pipes are, they didnt do this guy anygood by the looks of what was left.

Slow down, keep your eyes peeled,and make sure everyone in your life knows how much you love them ,everyday. Its your resposibility.

Good advise. There are creatures of the day, and creatures of the night.

mrpiff
10-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Real good advice! I rode the scoot home from work last night and passed seveal deer here in east Texas. I was already going slower than normal and would all but stop each time I spotted some.

busyblonde
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Two people on bikes (separate accidents) have been killed in bike-deer accidents near Charlotte, NC in the last month. :(

The couple of times I have found myself out after dark on my bike this fall, I've been really careful, and tried to stay on better-lit roads where possible. But when I get close to home, it's all farmland and forest - great for "normal" riding, but scary when the deer are so active.

jazda
10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
PoorBoy,,,,,,,good advice especially this time of year....... have to be alert more than ever........ an ain't it grand smellin' the Fall scents in the air now??.....
Jazda)):

HawgDog
10-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Another critter to be on the lookout
as I almost found out are Turkeys.
I almost got bagged earlier this fall
by a very stupid Jake. :unsure:

Old_Evo
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah we had a big turkey fly into our group riding in Texas. I thought it was going to take out Gzr and TexasRed.

SuperSport
10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Another critter to be on the lookout
as I almost found out are Turkeys.

And bears - I came within 5 feet of hitting a black bear crossing the road at night in a curve.