PDA

View Full Version : air filter intake question

bobber47
10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
so i have an idea for a new air intake for my s&s carb on my evo engine the pics will show what i want to use what my question is is will this restrict the air flow or starve the carb should i have it pointing forward ,back or down what are your thoughts i still have to make adaptor plates and a bend section but want to get your thoughts thanks

bobber47
10-27-2007, 07:35 PM
so i have an idea for a new air intake for my s&s carb on my evo engine the pics will show what i want to use what my question is is will this restrict the air flow or starve the carb should i have it pointing forward ,back or down what are your thoughts i still have to make adaptor plates and a bend section but want to get your thoughts thanks

wreckerman
10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
i think it would restrict your air flow , and considering the design i would mount it facing toward the back of the bike

put these topics together please post only in one spot

bobber47
10-27-2007, 09:44 PM
sorry about posting twice wreckerman so any ideas what i could do to increase the air flow ?????

wreckerman
10-27-2007, 11:26 PM
maybe drill a few more holes on the side that would face the engine , but no matter what you do with that slit opening it will change the air flow pattern and not for the good

bobber47
10-27-2007, 11:49 PM
mmmmm not good then will think again and see what else i can use

thorsblood
10-28-2007, 02:03 AM
Maybe if like Wrecker said you installed it towards the rear of the bike, you could remove the entire "face" on the side facing the bike, allowing it to function similar to a normal Filter.

bobber47
10-29-2007, 02:49 AM
mmmm good idea thors do you think it would work? could put cauze over the openning

mytat1
06-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Goal here is not only to get more air but to get cold air. Suckling up a bunch of hot air from near the engine reduces your HP quite a lot.

Tapatalk ** 007 License Plate Hide Gadget More Info (http://trydeal.com/tat) **