PDA

View Full Version : Re-Chroming Vendor Recommendation

JD
11-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Not sure if this si the right forum, but I have a couple of small parts that need to be re-chromed and am looking for a reputable vendor who does quality work at a fair price. No problem shipping, but I want the parts stripped and a quality three step process (copper, nickel, flash chrome) and not just a quickie re-flash. I'd prefere someone who has a website who will give online quotes or respond to an email quote request. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Kagan
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I've dealt with both Brown's in Padukah Kentucky and M&M Refinishing in Jeanette PA.

Both are good, but I prefer M&M only because they're chrome is more "silver" than Brown's. Brown's has a sort of "stainless" apprearance.

Both stand behind their work and are easy to deal with.

JD
11-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the info, Kagan. I'll give them a try :)

Swill
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
JD,
Where are you located? I am in the Chicago area. My company is a supplier to a number of chrome platers around the country. I am also in a trade association for metal finishers so I might be able to find someone local for you (saves on shipping). I have dealt with a few guys that do "Show Chroming".

Swill

JD
11-13-2007, 02:23 AM
PM me, Swill, as I am in fact not too far from Chicago. Thanks for the post!

JD
11-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Turns out it will cost more to replate them than they are worth, go figure.

sickevan
12-12-2007, 02:24 PM
ive used many chromers and for everything but wheels and frames orange county platers in california are the best in the country with quick turn around