PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy my first harley

buck
08-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Hello all,I am looking to purchase an 05 Road King Custom. This will be my first road bike. I have ridden on dirt for years and want to make the move to the street. My wife says if i am going to buy a harley,buy what i want 1 time and be done with it. Any comments about the RKC? good or bad. The dealer sells at M.S.R.P,out the door price,tax,tags,prep,state inspection, etc is $19,800. Thanks.

speedman
08-21-2004, 02:38 AM
All three of the Road King models are awesome bikes. They are probably the best all around bike on the market as far as versatility is concerned. Personally I don't think many people could go wrong planting their ass on a Road King.

wreckerman
08-21-2004, 02:41 AM
the only thing i would add is you should rent one first and see how it feels to you i love my rk but it has to fit you not me

Wide
08-21-2004, 03:05 AM
Hi Buck

Welcome to the forums :D

Any Harley is a good choice & the RK is a very good road machine.

Try to shop around for a dealer that sells at list price without all the add ons.1beer

ChevyReb
08-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Hello,

Good advice to ride a few models so you get a feel for the different rides and handleing characteristics. My dealer had a demo model of the RKC that you could try out if you have a current motorcycle lisense. Call around to a few and see about that.

I bought my first bike last November. Knew it was the one as soon as I laid eyes on it on H-D website new models...FLHRSI Roadking Custom Lava Red Sunglo. Looks AWSOME and it rides smooth... I love it. Need to add better seat and upgrade at least pipes and air cleaner though to juise it up a bit. I am hoping to add a big bore kit soon.

Good luck,

ChevyReb

burdog
08-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Good choice Buck,
One of the primary concerns in choosing a bike is how much 2-up riding will you be doing? My wife loves to ride and her priorities are comfort, comfort and comfort, in that order, so I ride an RK. Remember, if mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Burdog