PDA

View Full Version : Question ladies

firestarter
01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
How many of you use the disposable cleaning systems, like the clorox sponge mop, the Swiffer, disposable toilet bowl cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles automatic shower cleaner? I'm sure there are others that I've missed, if you know of one please let us know. Anything that makes it easier so we can get done faster is a great help!
We use the automatic shower cleaner and after RN altered the hanging method to reach the top of the glass enclosure, our shower stays spot free and clean.
Do any of the others work well or have you tried one and were disappointed in it? I haven't tried the clorox mop as I'm concerned about what it would do to Cali and her allergies.
I thought any of these products that actually work, it would be good to share the information.
The good products we use on our bikes we share with the others, why couldn't we do that with house cleaning products too. I have, a lady that comes in every 2 weeks and gives the house a good cleaning, that way all I have to do in between is a little upkeep. Makes it alot easier and frees me up to ride on the weekends

wildthing
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
How many of you use the disposable cleaning systems, like the clorox sponge mop, the Swiffer, disposable toilet bowl cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles automatic shower cleaner
Nope
Anything that makes it easier so we can get done faster is a great help!
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.
We use the automatic shower cleaner and after RN altered the hanging method to reach the top of the glass enclosure, our shower stays spot free and clean.
I wondered about that.

Myself just use my old fashion elbow grease.

jazda
01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Myself just use my old fashion elbow grease.

........ditto.........

cleaning' person....... a luxury not meant for me........

Jazda)):

Shorty
01-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Elbow grease here too. Im too old school to think those fandangled arent 'taking' me with gimmicks and false promises. And then theres the money, and the endless 'refills'. A little vinegar, a few drops of dish soap, and alot of water comes to pennies per use and lasts forever. I gotta ask you about the shower thing though. I saw it on tv and it looks good, but when you take your next shower dont you wonder whats splashing back off the walls and onto you?
For products I buy (and I told you Im old hehehe) 409, SOS pads, sometimes Comet; dish, laundry and washer soap.
Heres a great tip for a clean toilet though, Pumice! I get a couple pumice stones from the hardware store, let the water out of the bowl and scrub the water line that always seems to form there. The porclain comes out so sparkling clean you can barely tell theres even water in there!

scooby_postie
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm old school too I let my other half do the cleaning, cooking, laundry ect...

MedievalWoman
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I was wondering about that shower cleaner myself. I use those 1000 flushes in the toilets. Just put in tank and they disolve. With 3 bathrooms sometimes the inside of the toilet in the water gets yucky. These work great.

I'm thinking of getting the Shiffer wet mop for the kitchen. I'll let you know when I do how it does.

Tamsport
01-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Scooby I want my other half to do all of it too. He won't, I've stomped my feet, yelled. None of that shit works. There is no magic here besides good ol' fashioned elbow grease. Oh yeah, hubby swears by this shit called Orange Blast, from Home Depot. It's a degreaser and works great everywhere, including the shower. I truely wish someone else would come in and clean after us. That would be great! But I haven't hit the lottery yet and well I live in Jersey man, the highest taxed state!!! I'm lucky to have a scoot! Have fun cleaning all those dirty things.....
Later.

wreckerman
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM
now i am mad , why do you limit this to gals only? i do most of my own cleaning around the house and shop, i do not use to many of the new gadgets but i do use the swifter duster and floor mop , they are ok not great but ok , as for the shower i use a hand held spray after each shower no brand name in particular if i scrub i use kitchen cleanser if i want it disinfected i use bleach, and i still like pine sole for cleaning floors , i do not have a made or cleaning service "might get into trouble with that" ooooh la la

Shorty
01-09-2008, 01:14 AM
now i am mad , why do you limit this to gals only?Was that a snivel or a whimper? :lol:

wreckerman
01-09-2008, 01:16 AM
both .. and i would like some cheese with my wine..ha ha

Shorty
01-09-2008, 01:19 AM
both .. and i would like some cheese with my wine..ha haStep on into your kitchen and whip some up! While youre at it, you can serve me too. groucho ;)
BTW, do you wear an apron? :blink2:

firestarter
01-09-2008, 05:25 AM
LMAO!! Wrecker and Shorty got me cracking up!
I told my hubby that since we traded the lawn for the laundry, I wasn't cleaning the house on top of the yard. If I couldn't have a maid come in every 2 weeks and do the deep cleaning and dusting(I HATE dusting!) then he would have to clean 1/2 of the house with me and it would be on Sat mornings. Well ladies and Wrecker, he quickly saw my point as Saturdays are for his riding and we usually leave around 9am. I still have to do the upkeep during the 2 weeks. With a dog and a cat in the house I get my fill of cleaning up between Rosie's visits. LOL
I love the shower sprayer. It did hang too low from the shower head so we had to hang it higher from the top of the glass enclosure and it works great. I don't feel any of the spray when I get in the shower because our water heater is in the garage on the other end of the house and by the time the water gets hot, the walls are rinsed off. I used to use the shower spray and manually sprayed the tile and squeegeed the glass to prevent water stains. The really great part about it is if hubby showers last now I don't have to wonder or remind him about spraying the shower. It's so easy, just hit the button on the way out of the shower and after a few seconds of beeping it sprays the entire enclosure. I too don't like having to pay so much for these gadgets but if they work great and save me time, then I'll do it. Some friends and my Mom just swear by the Magic Eraser - it is a Mr. Clean product. This is what they say:
"It is the greatest thing ever invented in my opinion. It cleans everything - I use it on the scuffs on my kitchen floor and around the sink faucets in those hard to get spots.....I sound like a commercial but it is really great!"
Another friend:
"I think the Magic Eraser is awesome! It works great on those textured refrigerator door handles! LOL! "
And another friend said this:
"Several years ago we had a ball point ink pen, in a shirt pocket, leak ink onto the marble counter in the bathroom. At the time I bought all kinds of products designed to remove ink, to work on marble, etc. Absolutely nothing touched the ink stain that had embedded itself into the surface of the counter top........ nothing that is until a few years later when Magic Eraser came out. On a whim I took a Magic Eraser into the bathroom after this ink stain. Didn't really expect it to get the ink up and out of the marble, but thought I'd try it. I could not have been more amazed. In mere seconds every trace of the ink was gone! Everything else I've tried them on since then they have worked like..... well, Magic. LOL I think you're gonna like the Magic Eraser Bev."

Well I tried it and it took marks off the walls that I used to have to paint over to make them go away. I can't wait to find out what else it works easily and great at.

Enemy_Diva
02-08-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm thinking of getting the Shiffer wet mop for the kitchen. I'll let you know when I do how it does.

MW have you tried this mop yet? Im looking for something to use on the wood floor and was thinking about trying one of these wet mops? Would be great if it works for both the tile and wood.

Ive tried a bunch of the disposable products and the only ones I use on a regular basis are the toilet bowl brush with the disposable pads. I like not having an ole toilet brush hanging around. And the anti-bacterial wet wipes. I get the Kirkland brand in a 3-pack at Costco. Great for quickly wiping down the toilets, among other things

I recently bought a micro-fiber duster and I love it . . . great for baseboards and blinds too. It came with an extra pad which can easily be removed and tossed in the washer.

I also bought some Rainx for the new shower doors and a California squeegee which we're really good about using after every shower.

snoof
02-08-2008, 07:28 AM
if gasoline and turpentine and burlap sacks were good enough for my mama they're good enough for me. the trick is keeping your cigarette lit without setting the house on fire. you can guage the quality of the cleaning by the condition of your hands after you finish. red, peeling and bleeding - job well done.

seriously i've found some good uses for pure lemon oil.