PDA

View Full Version : MightyWarlock's 2008 Tour of the Twisties (Extended Edition)

mightywarlock
02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
<NEW EDIT WITH CURRENT RIDE INFO>
First if you haven't watched the Video, Click HERE To Watch The Tour of the Twisties TRAILER which contains a lot of info about the ride!

also, you might want to check out the website I just built,

www.tourofthetwisties.com

ok, next,

The 2008 Tour of the Twisties will be taking place on Saturday, May 31st.
The starting point is Glendale Harley-Davidson, located at 3717 San Fernando Rd., Glendale, CA 91204.
The Ride will begin @ 7:30am. Please arrive promply.
The ride will then head out to The Rock Store, which will be the 1st stop, after heading through many miles of mountain roads and twisties.
If you arrive too late at Glendale Harley and we have already left, feel free to head straight to the Rock Store to meet up with us there. It will take us a while to get there.
From there we head out to lunch at the Deer Lodge in Ojai.

Consult the map for the rest, and the ride will be ending at the Hill Street Cafe for dinner after 344 miles or so.

Hope to see those who can make it there. Those who have gone in the past already know this is one of the greatest rides, and routes for a ride there is!

Howdy.
More info to come soon,

But just a head's up.

This year's Tour of the Twisties will only happen once, and it will happen either Saturday, May 31st, or Saturday October 11th. I will decide soon.
Also, there will be MORE Tour and MORE Twisties than ever, as I have added almost a hundred more miles than last year's ride. (last year the ride came out to about 277 miles and it seemed those who came wanted even more. So now there is MORE! The additional roads i am adding this year will make the ride about 350 miles~), and will include a lunch stop (@ The Deer Lodge), and a Dinner @ the end (place TBD).

In case you haven't been around, and have no idea what the Tour of the Twisties is, it is a ridiculously good ride that I host at least once a year now for the last 4 years. It is a ride that this year will leave from Glendale Harley-Davidson, and travels down famous roads (such as Mullholland Drive, Decker Canyon), and to famous Motorcycle Hangouts (such as The Rock Store, The Deer Lodge, and this year Newcomb's Ranch, and past the Rock Inn).

Last year, we had about 25 bikes. This year, I have a feeling we are going to have MUCH More than that...

As i said, More Info To Come, including a map and such, and final date.

but this should give anyone wanting to go on this momumental ride plenty of time to make arrangements.
http://www.mightywarlock.com/TouroftheTwisties2008.jpg

Duke72
02-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I cant believe you left out Neptunes Net. It would be a nice ride from rock store to neptunes, the up the coast to Ojai. IMO

Jazda)):

mightywarlock
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
as is, this ride is 350 miles one way, and does not retrace its steps anywhere. to go to neptunes and then head to ojai, we would either have to hit the same road up again that we came down, or go to the coast then inland to the 101, which is a really boring ride. i thought about it a long time ago, but it just doesnt work. plus , after neptunes net decided to stop letting bikes park there and they can only park in the street, i feel it is unsafe to have people running across the highway just to get there. there are many reasons...it just doesnt work well.

mightywarlock
04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
A video Trailer for this ride is coming soon. I just started editing it the other night and this time around it is going to take me a little longer to get it going. have to try to think how to make it original again. so far, it is starting off quite epic...
;)

Duke72
04-03-2008, 06:26 AM
as is, this ride is 350 miles one way, and does not retrace its steps anywhere. to go to neptunes and then head to ojai, we would either have to hit the same road up again that we came down, or go to the coast then inland to the 101, which is a really boring ride. i thought about it a long time ago, but it just doesnt work. plus , after neptunes net decided to stop letting bikes park there and they can only park in the street, i feel it is unsafe to have people running across the highway just to get there. there are many reasons...it just doesnt work well.

The last time I was @ Neptunes they only have a limit on the number of bikes you can have parked in front of the place, but you can park all over there parking lot without having to croos the highway. You should go by one Sunday and see how 100+ people park. Theres a hell of a lot more parking then Rock store. I cant believe your gonna pass up the chance to show these people the beautiful coast we have to offer. going up the coast is alot better then speeding down the 101. You know you could go thru Oxnard and hook up with the 33 to Ojai. You should check the roads up that way because I read somewhere that there going to be working on the roads with some closure.

mightywarlock
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e2fLBfW2E4

mightywarlock
05-06-2008, 04:38 AM
<NEW EDIT WITH CURRENT RIDE INFO>
First if you haven't watched the Video, Click HERE To Watch The Tour of the Twisties TRAILER which contains a lot of info about the ride!

also, you might want to check out the website I just built,

TouroftheTwisties.com (http://www.tourofthetwisties.com)

ok, next,

The 2008 Tour of the Twisties will be taking place on Saturday, May 31st.
The starting point is Glendale Harley-Davidson, located at 3717 San Fernando Rd., Glendale, CA 91204.
The Ride will begin @ 7:30am. Please arrive promply.
The ride will then head out to The Rock Store, which will be the 1st stop, after heading through many miles of mountain roads and twisties.
If you arrive too late at Glendale Harley and we have already left, feel free to head straight to the Rock Store to meet up with us there. It will take us a while to get there.
From there we head out to lunch at the Deer Lodge in Ojai.

Consult the map for the rest, and the ride will be ending at the Hill Street Cafe for dinner after 344 miles or so.

Hope to see those who can make it there. Those who have gone in the past already know this is one of the greatest rides, and routes for a ride there is!

snoof
05-06-2008, 06:12 AM
nice trailer warlock and looks like a great ride