PDA

View Full Version : 04 dyna fxd no headlight???

vibher
04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
2004 hd dynd fxd superglide. Headlight is not working. The bulb is good. tested it and hi and low work. The high beam indicator is not working either. Checked fuse and it's not blown out. I had unscrewed the headlight and took off the top triple tree to drop the front to grease the bearings. Put it back together and this. Did a diag. test and it shows nothing. Any ideas? Thanks

vibher
04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
2004 hd dynd fxd superglide. Headlight is not working. The bulb is good. tested it and hi and low work. The high beam indicator is not working either. Checked fuse and it's not blown out. I had unscrewed the headlight and took off the top triple tree to drop the front to grease the bearings. Put it back together and this. Did a diag. test and it shows nothing. Any ideas? Thanks

Nitram_b4
04-09-2008, 07:57 AM
two things...remove the bulb and take a meter check the socket for power, if none I would check the connector for the head light wires. that plug is against the frame in the gas tank tunnel on the left hand side I believe...kinda a pain in the ass
but if you pulled on it or put some pressure on it, you may have eather pulled the wires out of the plug or un-pluged the connection

04_SuperGlide
04-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Back track through everything you unplugged or took off and make sure it's all tight and seated correctly.

vibher
04-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Couldn't get behind the gas tank so I took it off. The wiring all goes through a section of the frame that is enclosed and you can't see the wires. Where the wire went in the front it is tywrapped to a bunch of other wires. Also noticed that the hi beam indicator and taillight running light don't work. Can't find anything pulled apart. Bulbs are all good. Any other ideas. Appreciate the help.