PDA

View Full Version : Help with gap filler for saddle bags

adamless
05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I just put on new hard saddle bags on my 2004 fatboy. They are the rounder looking bags. There is quite a gap between the fender and the bags. Any suggestions on where to find gap fillers (Chrome) for this space? I have seen a few, but they all seem to be for the standard more rectangle bags, not these rounder bags.

Any thoughts?

gliderider94
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Any suggestions on where to find gap fillers (Chrome) for this space?

I reccomend totin around a fat chick who knows how to make a really killer marguarita. Always workied for me.

arthureld
05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
lol, great idea Bear.
I've seen a few custom bikes that had the gap closed with fiberglass that actually molded the bags to the fender. That would be a hell of a lot of work. And even more work if you decided to take them off.

gliderider94
05-02-2008, 01:50 AM
lol, great idea Bear.
I've seen a few custom bikes that had the gap closed with fiberglass that actually molded the bags to the fender. That would be a hell of a lot of work. And even more work if you decided to take them off.

I seen a few guys mold the bags in. The vibrations allways ended up craking the bags to pieces, that's why they're rubber mounted.

Check the Kyriakin catalog (I know that aint spelled rite). Also, check the Custom Chrome and J.P. Cycle books. They all carry bolt on chromes for just that sort of thing. Also, the Kyriakin catalog has a color coordinated trim insert with inset lazer tailights. Really pulls off a clean custom look. I got a buddy who did that and it looks way cool.

Guess I should have offered up this advice the first time instead of being a smart ass.

kyriakin - Somebody spell this frikin word correctly please.

RacingOrangeRoadster
05-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Kuryakyn

Sounds like something you'd put on Rice.