PDA

View Full Version : October 7-9 - Texas Hill Country Ride (Renamed)

Pages : [1] 2 3

TexasFatBoy
01-10-2005, 10:51 PM
OK folks, as many of you know, the weekend of October 7-9, 2005 will be the second HCG Hill Country Ride combined with a 10th Anniversary Vow Renewal for me and the lovely Mrs. presided over by our very own ordained minister Bear. We hpe this will be the largest gathering of HCG members since the inception of this site, and to help us get folks here, Jetmonkey has very generously donated two buddy passes on the airlines to help a member and his/her guest make it to the festivities.

Now, how do we decide who the lucky member is to get those buddy passes? Why a contest, of course! So welcome to:

Passport to Texas

Here's the way it works - many of you are familiar with HOG's ABC's of Touring, well this is a variation on that theme.

The goal will be to gather enough letters to spell out HARLEY CHAT GROUP by doing the following:

1. Keep a camera handy when you are out riding and get a picture of yourself or your bike in front of Official Signs designating a village, town, city, county, state, territory, or country. The first letter of the location on the Official Sign will count as one letter toward your goal. Since Harley Chat Group has two H's, two A's, and two R's, you will need pictures from two different H, A, and R locations to complete the contest.

For purposes of the contest, an Official Sign is one found on a government building WITH the name of the city/village/town/county/state/ territory or country on it, such as a post office or police station (libraries or schools do not qualify) or a sign posted by a government body, which lies WITHIN the boundaries of the place it identifies. (Mileage markers or directional signs are not allowed.) We will also allow pictures in front of an official H_D Dealership as long as the name of the location is clearly visible, for example, "Austin Harley-Davidson" would count while "Central Texas Harley Davidson" would not as it does not identify the locality.

Make sure the name of the locality is clearly visible in any pictures you take. If I can't read it, it don't count!

2. Once you have taken enough photos to spell out "HARLEY CHAT GROUP," send them all to me so I can verify the entry - my email is linked to my profile below. Once I've reviewed the photos, I'll send you back an email to confirm that you have submitted all 15 photos. If you cannot submit your photos electronically, please let me know and I'll provide a snail mail address to send them.

3. All entries must be received by August 1, 2005. Once we have collected all eligible entries, we will place the names of all qualifying members into a hat and draw the winner. There will be only one winner and that winner will get two buddy passes. If you win and don't plan to bring anyone, I think you can give the second buddy pass to another HCG member.

The winner will also receive an HCG T-shirt donated by Wide so we can spot you.

I will take care of picking the winner up at the airport, getting you to the event location or, if you want to rent a bike for the weekend, to the dealership, and getting you back to the airport. The winner, however, will be responsible for accomodations and food for the weekend (we have a place all selected that has tent camping, cabins and RV slots and we'll try to get a group rate arranged). We will also be supplying BBQ and beer and some other adult beverages for the Saturday night party.

The buddy passes on the airline will only go to a winner that plans to use them to attend the Hill Country Ride and Vow Renewal and you MUST be an HCG member to be eligible to win.

I hope all of this is clear, but if you have any questions, please post them here.

OK folks, this will give ya something to plan for as we get closer to the riding season for many of you, so get ready to snap those pictures!

And thanks to Jetmonkey for providing the buddy passes!

We'll see y'all in October!

Horse
01-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Contest sounds like great fun and thanks to Jetmonkey for the buddy
pass.

Already know where to find the city with "U" and "Y" that have these
letters in the beginning of their name.

wreckerman
01-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks to jetmonkey for the tickets sounds like a great contest, and as much as we all love pictures should work out well for all of us. Only question I have is can I use my spelling? :lol:

BigRedMachine
01-11-2005, 02:26 AM
CAN I WIN THE TIX?? Oh yeah ... I'm only a few hours East of ya! :wacko:

I've already got this on my calendar! I'm sure I'll see a few times before October though ... (you lucky SOB!!!) freakin

Wide
01-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Many thanks to all that made this contest possible.

DFW (http://www.harleychatgroup.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1266&highlight=dfw)

More (http://www.harleychatgroup.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1282&highlight=dfw)

And Here (http://www.harleychatgroup.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=508&highlight=dfw)

And some pics here (http://www.harleychatgroup.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=136)

Click here fro this years event (http://www.hcgevents.com/content/view/13/2/)

These are some of the links from last year, we had a great time hope as many of you can join us this year.

:D drunks

TexasFatBoy
01-11-2005, 02:39 PM
And here's some pics from the last Hill Country Ride - small with onl,y four bikes, but one hell of a good time!

Pics Here (http://www.harleychatgroup.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=198)

And here's the Stories (http://www.harleychatgroup.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1836)

Hope to see y'all in Texas in October! B)

Spoiled
01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
OOH! Pick me, pick me!

I have a couple of questions - Do the pictures have to be from this date forward or can I use one from last fall? City limit signs count, right?

What a guy Jetmonkey is!

I am so excited! It may be the only way I get hubby there! I'm off to check the batteries in the camera ... and the forcast. V.

Wide
01-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I ass-u-me the mods & admins can not enter the contest :(

Thats OK we should be trailering down with a bike or two this year boobs

Spoiled
01-11-2005, 06:36 PM
And what if the bike can't be in the picture because it's not safe or the husband is throwing a fit about it or ...

TexasFatBoy
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I have a couple of questions - Do the pictures have to be from this date forward or can I use one from last fall? City limit signs count, right?

Pics should be from this date forward and yes, a city limit sign counts as an official sign.

And what if the bike can't be in the picture because it's not safe or the husband is throwing a fit about it or ...

The pic should be of either you or the bike or both. You can submit pics of you in front of the signs, but since we all love bike pics so much, we'd prefer shots with the bike. But we also have members who may not have their bike yet, so I decided to allow pics of the person or the bike.

Hope this helps!

TFB

TexasFatBoy
01-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I ass-u-me the mods & admins can not enter the contest :(

Thats OK we should be trailering down with a bike or two this year boobs

I have no problem with Mods entering the contest, but I think that's your call to make, Wide. Or maybe any mod that wants to enter should have to send me a copy of their last pay stub, notarized copies of the last two year's tax returns and a credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus so we can verify that they would have no other means to make the event! :lol: OK, that may be a bit much! :lol:

I leave it up to you, Wide, but maybe it's open to mods but not to admins? Any thoughts?

Spoiled
01-11-2005, 08:05 PM
"but since we all love bike pics so much, we'd prefer shots with the bike"

Thanks, TFB, thanks alot. I'll make sure the bike's in the picture and I stay out of it! :angry:

Plano-Hog
01-11-2005, 08:06 PM
:D Im glad I get to ride down there, I want to see E-ROCK , missed that
last time..

-T

TexasFatBoy
01-11-2005, 08:40 PM
"but since we all love bike pics so much, we'd prefer shots with the bike"

Thanks, TFB, thanks alot. I'll make sure the bike's in the picture and I stay out of it! :angry:

OK, now I feel my comments were misunderstood! We especially prefer pics which include the bike AND our HCG members - particularly those members of the fairer sex! B) OK, am I out of trouble now? :P

Spoiled
01-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Nope. I'm not that easy TFB. You'll have to work harder than that! ;)

Wide
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I leave it up to you, Wide, but maybe it's open to mods but not to admins? Any thoughts?

No cant do that :lol: Was just kidding boobs

TexasFatBoy
01-11-2005, 11:38 PM

Aw man, gonna make it tough on me now, huh? B) :D Ok, so what's the price to get back in your good graces? :huh:

BikerBabe
01-11-2005, 11:46 PM

Aw man, gonna make it tough on me now, huh? B) :D Ok, so what's the price to get back in your good graces? :huh:

TFB, if you need to ask a women that, you better throw in that towel now...how did you make it this far, boy?;) :P :lol:

Spoiled
01-12-2005, 01:49 AM
No, no, TFB, I understand. You just keep looking at Swyney's and HFB's pictures that they post. They'll have to do. I'll send pictures of my bike to you and pictures of me to someone else. :P Thanks for all your hard work, though!

Hellswraith
01-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Anyone thats coming through DFW and wants to hook up for the ride to Kerville shoot me a Pm . Im not leaving till Friday afternoon .

drunks

Tiger
01-12-2005, 01:45 PM
No, no, TFB, I understand. You just keep looking at Swyney's and HFB's pictures that they post. They'll have to do. I'll send pictures of my bike to you and pictures of me to someone else. :P Thanks for all your hard work, though! ;) B)

TexasFatBoy
01-12-2005, 04:37 PM
No, no, TFB, I understand. You just keep looking at Swyney's and HFB's pictures that they post. They'll have to do. I'll send pictures of my bike to you and pictures of me to someone else. :P Thanks for all your hard work, though!

Yea, but many of those pics are of the surgically enhanced, air-brushed imaginary level of reality beauty. I'm a firm believer that real women have curves! woot You can certainly send me any pics you'd like! And I firmly expect you to be in some of these contest photos! :angry: :P

Spoiled
01-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I'll see what I can do, TFB. ;)

hefitz04wg
01-12-2005, 05:31 PM

TFB.....To get into the good graces of a female is very easy....

http://www.partydocks.com/genesis/web_pages/WINENUP/diamond8.jpg

nuff said lesson over. :D

TexasFatBoy
01-12-2005, 07:17 PM

TFB.....To get into the good graces of a female is very easy....

http://www.partydocks.com/genesis/web_pages/WINENUP/diamond8.jpg

nuff said lesson over. :D

Yea, I've seen that one work before too! :lol:

Plano-Hog
01-13-2005, 01:30 PM
caged If you want to reverse the process then let her eat ONE BITE
of wedding cake..

freakin

Hellswraith
02-28-2005, 10:58 PM
TFB - any news on the accommodations yet ? My better half keeps asking if we are going to make reservations at Koyote Ranch or if we'll be staying at the Days Inn again ..

:D

Hellswraith
03-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Bump !!! :o

tradrockrat
03-16-2005, 06:29 AM
A mere 4 letters away from finishing... ;)

TexasFatBoy
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
A mere 4 letters away from finishing... ;)

Uh-oh! Sounds like the competition has begun! I look forward to seeing the pics! woot

Hellswraith
04-28-2005, 03:33 PM
So any news on Coyote Ranch yet ? I got a gift for you already and Im sure we'll all enjoy it . Just a simple thing - but Im sure you''ll like it . Hint is the singers initials are D A C ...

:lol: drunks

TexasFatBoy
04-28-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm going down that way this weekend and planned to stop by the Ranch to see what I can get set up. woot

BigRedMachine
05-31-2005, 03:47 AM
So any news on Coyote Ranch yet ? I got a gift for you already and Im sure we'll all enjoy it . Just a simple thing - but Im sure you''ll like it . Hint is the singers initials are D A C ...

:lol: drunks

David Allen Coe... so who's won this contest??

TexasFatBoy
05-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I have not yet seen any completed entries - everyone has until August - got to give them northern types time to snap all the pictures! :lol:

TexasFatBoy
07-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I have had several questions the past few days about the contest. Yes, the contest is still running. No, I haven't gotten any entries yet. Check the first page for all the details!

And I'm still working details with Koyote Ranch but have spoken to some folks that have stayed there now and they say this place is killer! woot

Old_Evo
07-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Ok here is my list and then I will email all the pix's to who ever has to judge it. I will post on of my favorites as a example.

First let me say that all of this was done on my 3500 mile solo trip so there is not one pix with me but in re-reading the rules that's OK. Also some of these towns were so small like Gay, Mich that was the only sign I could find and I looked and looked hard. Finally, I would like to point out there is not 1 pix that is in my home state.

H: Harpwell, Maine (As far east as I could get)
A: Ayer's Cliff, Quebic
R: Rendersville, Ont. (No pix but about a dozen people know I was in that town)
L: Littleton, Ont.
E: East Poland, Maine
Y: Yarmouth, Maine
C: Canaan, Vermount
H: Hanover, Maine
A: Alberta, Ont.
T: Tamarack, Mich.
G: Gay, Mich.
R: Renfrew, Ont. (This is a pix of my receipt and my bike in the campground)
O: Oxford, Maine
U: Uptown, Maine (This town was so small this is the only sign and I drove thru twice looking for signage)
P: Portland, Maine

Hellswraith
07-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Lol - Nice Job man !!! Im not so sure Id be parking in that spot though !! :lol:

Old_Evo
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
This town was so damn small. It was too damn funny. This was way up in the Keneewaw pennisula up by Copper Harbour Mich. Just incredable riding up there. You could tell they had fun with there town name. What else could you call the only bar in that town. I think there were only 6 or 7 buildings in that town.

TexasFatBoy
07-16-2005, 06:31 PM
OK, y'all! Old_Evo has the only entry so far and I think he did one helluva job! Shoot, any biker willing to take a pic of his ride in front of that "Gay Bar" sign deserves some credit just for his dedication to the cause! :lol:

Contest ends on August 1, so if y'all wanna win, better get 'em in! woot

BikerBabe
07-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I can't believe I rode all the way to Canada and didn't think to take one pic, like evo did. Come to think of it, I rode a ways with him.....now why didn't he mention that he was taking pix for the contest? :huh: :lol:

Old_Evo
07-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Cause I didn't think of it till I got up in the hills of N.H. Too much time to think on the road. I did not recall any winners so I just started taking pix's in the hopes that I was right and I could win. Wish I had more pix's with me in some of these.

TexasFatBoy
08-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Well folks, it looks like we have a winner! Old_Evo was the only one to submit his pics and I gotta say, anyone willing to have a picture of his bike in front of the Gay Bar deserves to win! :lol:

The winning signs are as follows:

Hanover
Alberta Village
Renfrew
Littleton
East Poland
Yarmouth

Canaan
Harpswell
Ayers Cliff
Tamarack City

Gay
Rednersville (although no picture, we all passed that sign plenty in Canada!)
Oxford
Upton
Portland

And one bonus pic of Old_Evo on the coast. He took these pics on his round trip from Minnesota to Rednersville, Ontario for the HCG Canada gathering and then continuing on through Maine and working his way back to Minnesota!

Jetmonkey, you and Old_Evo need to hook up via PM to arrange for the buddy passes. Old_Evo, looking forward to having you here for the Hill Country Ride! woot

TexasFatBoy
08-09-2005, 04:21 PM
more

TexasFatBoy
08-09-2005, 04:22 PM
more

TexasFatBoy
08-09-2005, 04:24 PM
more

TexasFatBoy
08-09-2005, 04:25 PM
last ones

Jetmonkey
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Will do, TFB. Congrats Old Evo !!

Slice
08-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow, neat pics Lenny!!!

I've got to start taking pics next to town signs like that.

Neat collection..

B)

Shorty
08-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Congrats Evo!
Great pics too. I enjoyed them, thanx :)

tradrockrat
08-10-2005, 05:30 PM
God damn! I can't believe I forgot to send in my pics on time!!!! Do you have any idea how much time I spent getting those shots!

AARRRGGGGGG!!!!!

Good job Lenny! Way to be organized!

Old_Evo
08-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks all for but sadly I can't go and I must tell you it has been a really tuff decision cause I really wanted to be there for Mike and Val's vows and meet more folks from HCG. But my family must always come first before my HCG Family and it is both my Wife's and son's birthdays and I can not miss these. We even thought about bringing Ben with us and he has absoulty no interest in going to this event.

So I have wriiten to Jetmonkey and I am happy to annouce that I can give the tickets to our newest newlyweds Dan and Beth. They can witness the vows, meet new HCG folks, do some hill country ridin, and of course write it all down in his journel and share it with the rest of us. And Dan here's your big chance to rent a RoadKing and sell Beth on a bigger bike. So both of you have a blast...........Lenny

tradrockrat
08-14-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't know what to say, Lenny.

Thank you very much for the gift. Beth and I will do you proud.

Edit: Just so you all out there don't think i don't deserve it: ;)

tradrockrat
08-14-2005, 12:21 AM
then there was this:

Don't know where in the hell I put the Y

wreckerman
08-14-2005, 12:36 AM
what can i say about this site , first a member puts up tickets then a member who wins them gives them to another member talk about extended familey , you guys do this site proud

TexasFatBoy
09-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Naw, sorry - Dan and Beth aren't invited if they don't ride that overloaded Sporty to TX! :lol:

j/k - Old_Evo, sorry you won't make it, but I certainly understand the reasons and just hope you'll gove that lovely wife of yours a hug for me (and maybe a kiss on the cheek) for her birthday!

trad and bride - can't wait for ya to get here! Let me know what we need to make it all flawless for ya! B)

tradrockrat
09-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Thanks TFB!

We're planning on Camping (you mentioned a campground in a previous post) so we're gonna be just fine.

All I need to know is how the ticket / buddy pass works, but I guess that would be jetmonkeys thing, huh?

Damn, I'd LOVE to get my sporty down there, but where would I put Beth???? :lol:

arthureld
09-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Well, I guess I need to make my reservations for this one too. :)
Trad, you may want to check into the HOG fly and ride deal. I've heard it's a good deal, but haven't checked into it yet.

TexasFatBoy
09-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Koyote Ranch has a couple bigger cabins I'm thinking could work to our benefit.

The Koyote King is a two bedroom with a loft. Each bedroom has a double bed (2 couples) and then there are two doubles and two singles in the loft. So 8 or 10 depending on the setup. $250/night for two nights = $500. With eight of us, it would only run $62.50 each for the weekend.

The Getaway cabins are one bedroom with a double in the bedroom, two singles in the loft and a futon in the living room, so sleeping 5 (a couple and three others). $165/night for two nights = $330. WIth five, the cost would be $66 each. They have a few of these cabins.

Anyone interested? If we have enough interest, I'll go ahead and see if I can reserve the King - party house!

Let me know folks! B)

FATboy05
09-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Hell if Tradrockrat is coming I think I should too, lively conversation grenade

FATboy05
09-02-2005, 12:45 AM
What night on the Koyote Ranch?

TexasFatBoy
09-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Party starts Friday, October 7 and goes to Sunday, October 9.

FATboy05
09-02-2005, 12:58 AM
So Koyote is for Friday & Saturday night? I'm a little behind on this one

tradrockrat
09-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Koyote Ranch has a couple bigger cabins I'm thinking could work to our benefit.

The Koyote King is a two bedroom with a loft. Each bedroom has a double bed (2 couples) and then there are two doubles and two singles in the loft. So 8 or 10 depending on the setup. $250/night for two nights = $500. With eight of us, it would only run $62.50 each for the weekend.

The Getaway cabins are one bedroom with a double in the bedroom, two singles in the loft and a futon in the living room, so sleeping 5 (a couple and three others). $165/night for two nights = $330. WIth five, the cost would be $66 each. They have a few of these cabins.

Anyone interested? If we have enough interest, I'll go ahead and see if I can reserve the King - party house!

Let me know folks! B)

Color me interested! Yee Haww!

Hellswraith
09-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Im probably bringing 4 people with me so Im going to reserve a 5 roomer for us all . I just wanted to make sure everyone wanted to stay here so Im not the only one there while the rest of you are at a hotel or something ....

B)

arthureld
09-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Since Boeing mahinests went out on strike today, I should be able to take off time to make this one too. I may even be lucky enough to get layed off. In which case, I could ride my bike to Texas for this and the DFW event. :)

TexasFatBoy
09-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Cool art! Let us know what ya need on the way!

And Fatboy - yes, Koyote Ranch would be for Friday and Saturday nights. Y'all comin' down?

TexasFatBoy
09-02-2005, 04:21 PM
So it looks like trad and bride in one bedroom, me and the mrs in the other and maybe art in one of the beds in the loft - three more beds up there if we go for the Koyote King. Anyone else interested? Think I'll go ahead and reserve it today with the expectation that we'll get the folks for it.

Jetmonkey
09-02-2005, 05:52 PM
I'll take one. Count me in. bottomsup

TexasFatBoy
09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
OK, so the King Cabin looks like this so far:

BR 1: Me and the mrs
BR 2: trad and bride
Loft 1: arthureld
Loft 2: jetmonkey
Loft 3: OPEN
Loft 4: OPEN

I contacted them a few minutes ago to make sure the big cabin is available.

TexasFatBoy
09-02-2005, 07:33 PM
BTW, if you are planning to make this, please send me an email or pm to let me know and give me the following info:

cell phone number
email address
emergency contact info
intinerary (so we can help get everyone ferried out there that needs to be)
how many of ya comin in (so I can try to plan for Saturday night BBQ)

Thanks

Also, I spoke to Bear last night and due to work obligations, etc., he will not be able to make it, so we will not be doing a formal vow renewal - of course I may get drunk and start spouting out something! :lol:

So this will primarily just be a big party with great ridin and tons of fun! woot

Hellswraith
09-03-2005, 06:33 AM
I love it when a plan comes together - reserving my cabin in the morning !!

drunks

Gig_em
09-03-2005, 11:14 AM
TFB, I am going to try to make it there. I'll have to wait to see what my work schedule looks like. Schedule change very fast sometimes. :angry:

TexasFatBoy
09-05-2005, 02:53 PM
OK, update on the King Cabin. First off, there are two of them down there, so if there's enough interest, we could look into getting both. When I talked to them, they said both were available for those dates.

I've secured one of them and it's now full:

Loft Single 1: arthureld
Loft Single 2: jetmonkey
Loft Double 1: FATBoy05 and wife
Loft Double 2: fatboyridestexas and wife

So that cabin is full at 10 people, means the total cost per person for both Friday and Saturday night is $50 (plus whatever taxes they charge us). Not bad - cheaper than a hotel and keeps us all together! woot

Since we may have people coming in at all hours, I suggest Friday night we may just grab dinner and beers right there at the Koyote Ranch - close by and no one has to drive/ride anywhere after the drinking starts.

We'll plan to ride all day Saturday hitting the Old Spanish Trail (OST) restaurant in Bandera for breakfast around 8:30 am (leave the Ranch about 8:00 am) then 470 to Vanderpool and the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum, hit the Texas 3's (FM 335, 336, and 337) with a stop at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop. Depending on how everyone is feeling, we'll run up to Hunt and hit Stonehenge II. Either way, after rolling most of the day, we'll head back to the Ranch for BBQ and drinks.

Sunday will be pretty open with people heading out at their leisure.

Looks like a party to me! woot

fatboyridestexas
09-05-2005, 03:15 PM
TFB sounds like a GREAT TIME TO BE HAD can't wait, email or pm me as we get closer to the date and let Playful and I know what to bring..OK..
O yeah I AM HANDY WITH A BBQ PIT I will be glad to BBQ what ever, I dont know everyone that will be there but from what I hear Duck and I mite be the only one's there SOLBER :) :) PEASE OUT MY BROTHER

FATboy05
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I can't wait, this sounds like a Great event!! drunks drunks

Hellswraith
09-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Ok just some info on my situation . I called Coyote yesterday and they said they have the 5 people cabins avalable for the dates were going to be there . I was going to reserve it but I have to wait a few more days for my sons football schedule to come out . I might be coming solo or I might be coming with wife, father in law , and 2 kids .

So if I fart around and dont get a cabin can I sleep in the bathtub ???

:lol:

No just kidding - I'll get a cabin but not quite sure who's coming with me just yet so Im might have some room or I might not !! Also has anyone heard from Plano-Hog or Magoo and Rebecca . I realize Magoo might be tied up due to the hurricane but just wanted to ask .

arthureld
09-07-2005, 05:55 PM
OK, update on the King Cabin. First off, there are two of them down there, so if there's enough interest, we could look into getting both. When I talked to them, they said both were available for those dates.

I've secured one of them and it's now full:

Loft Double 1: FATBoy05 and wife
Loft Double 2: fatboyridestexas and wife

So that cabin is full at 10 people, means the total cost per person for both Friday and Saturday night is $50 (plus whatever taxes they charge us). Not bad - cheaper than a hotel and keeps us all together! woot

Since we may have people coming in at all hours, I suggest Friday night we may just grab dinner and beers right there at the Koyote Ranch - close by and no one has to drive/ride anywhere after the drinking starts.

We'll plan to ride all day Saturday hitting the Old Spanish Trail (OST) restaurant in Bandera for breakfast around 8:30 am (leave the Ranch about 8:00 am) then 470 to Vanderpool and the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum, hit the Texas 3's (FM 335, 336, and 337) with a stop at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop. Depending on how everyone is feeling, we'll run up to Hunt and hit Stonehenge II. Either way, after rolling most of the day, we'll head back to the Ranch for BBQ and drinks.

Sunday will be pretty open with people heading out at their leisure.

Looks like a party to me! woot

Thanks for setting me up TFB. Now I just need to decide whether I'll ride out there or fly. :)
Looks like I might not get layed off. Damn it. So I'll most likely fly and rent a bike.
I guess I should reserve my bike from the dealer by DFW airport again huh?

Hellswraith
09-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Arthureld - if your flying into Dfw I guess that means you wanna ride to Kerville ? I imagine me and Fatboy05 will ride together as we live right around the block but I havent confimed this yet so your welcome to come with us . If you get an early flight in I'll even come get you from the airport and take you to the Harley shop . I was planning on heading to Kerville Friday afternoon around noonish .Which Hd place did you rent from - Full Boar ?

arthureld
09-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Arthureld - if your flying into Dfw I guess that means you wanna ride to Kerville ? I imagine me and Fatboy05 will ride together as we live right around the block but I havent confimed this yet so your welcome to come with us . If you get an early flight in I'll even come get you from the airport and take you to the Harley shop . I was planning on heading to Kerville Friday afternoon around noonish .Which Hd place did you rent from - Full Boar ?

Hey Hells,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I actually haven't made my reservations to fly or rent a bike yet for the Hill Country Ride. I just looked up Kerrville and it looks closer to San Antonio.

I assumed it was near the DFW area.

I need advice! :o

Hellswraith
09-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Yea its 5 hours or so from Dfw . A nice ride but you could also fly into Austin if ya dont wanna ride that far after a long flight . Kerville is about an hour from Austin I think .

TexasFatBoy
09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Art - I'd fly into Austin if I were you and rent from Austin H-D http://www.austinharley-davidson.com/

Depending on when ya fly in, I could probably meet ya at the airport and get ya to Austin H-D for the rental - heck, if ya wanna come in Thursday afternoon/evening, let me know - you can stay at the house in Austin and we can either pick up the bike Thursday night or Friday morning and you can head out to Kerrville with the Mrs. and I. We will probably have the truck and the bike to get other stuff out there as well.

Just let me know how ya wanna work it - we'll get ya set up! B)

RANCHHAND
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
TFB, Myself, and maybe a few others could meet yall in Bandera Sat morning at the OST if that would be alright. Ride with yall to Frio Canyon then head back home. Would make a good days ride for us.

TexasFatBoy
09-08-2005, 04:32 PM
TFB, Myself, and maybe a few others could meet yall in Bandera Sat morning at the OST if that would be alright. Ride with yall to Frio Canyon then head back home. Would make a good days ride for us.

Hell yes! PM me your contact info and we can set up the meet at the OST! woot

arthureld
09-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Art - I'd fly into Austin if I were you and rent from Austin H-D http://www.austinharley-davidson.com/

Depending on when ya fly in, I could probably meet ya at the airport and get ya to Austin H-D for the rental - heck, if ya wanna come in Thursday afternoon/evening, let me know - you can stay at the house in Austin and we can either pick up the bike Thursday night or Friday morning and you can head out to Kerrville with the Mrs. and I. We will probably have the truck and the bike to get other stuff out there as well.

Just let me know how ya wanna work it - we'll get ya set up! B)

Thanks again TFB. Most likely I'll arrive Friday morning because I should work Thursday. And I really don't mind taking a taxi from the airport to the HD dealer. But it would be great if we could leave together Friday to go to the event.

Something else I have to deal with is that I have to be in Los Angeles on Oct. 12th so I'm planning to fly from TX to Los Angeles. Then back to Seattle. Anybody know a good way to make that kind of reservation? Travelocity doesn't seem very friendly for that.

TexasFatBoy
09-08-2005, 07:48 PM
You should be able to do it on the airline site - who are you going to be flying? I know American let's you set up multiple destination itinerary.

Actually, so does travelocity.

Look here.... http://www.travelocity.com/Flights/0,,TRAVELOCITY||Y|multi,00.html

arthureld
09-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Sorry for my ignorance. But it is great how we can ask questions about almost anything here and get an answer.

Thanks again TFB :)

TexasFatBoy
09-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Just making sure we get yer ass down here one way or another! :lol: drunks

tradrockrat
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
So it looks like Beth and I will be coming into Houston. We'll be renting our Bike from there, I guess. Any specific dealer I should rent through?

RANCHHAND
09-08-2005, 10:27 PM
caged caged caged caged caged caged caged
I spoke too soon!!!!!!!! caged
Had to reschedule our game survey for the ranch to that Sat!!!!!!!
Boss can't make it for the weekend I had reserved!!!!!! caged
Looks like I'll be in a helicopter while yall are ridin'.
I do have the weekend of the 15th open now. :(

FATboy05
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM
So it looks like Beth and I will be coming into Houston. We'll be renting our Bike from there, I guess. Any specific dealer I should rent through?

Which airport you flying into?

tradrockrat
09-09-2005, 06:59 PM

Which airport you flying into?

whichever one Jetmonkey sends me to! ;) :lol:

TexasFatBoy
09-09-2005, 08:00 PM
trad, since you are going to be coming in from Houston, what are the chances of staying until Monday - just would hate for y'all to get out here and then have the rental due back on Saturday!

Although if you go through Mancuso H-D, then I believe they are open on Sundays as well.

I'm sure Ish can get ya set up! B)

tradrockrat
09-09-2005, 09:09 PM
trad, since you are going to be coming in from Houston, what are the chances of staying until Monday - just would hate for y'all to get out here and then have the rental due back on Saturday!

Although if you go through Mancuso H-D, then I believe they are open on Sundays as well.

I'm sure Ish can get ya set up! B)

I could stay if I had to ;) , but Beth has to work Sunday night @ 11: PM.

FATboy05
09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Mancuso's is the only H-D dealer in Houston that deals in Rentals, they are closed Sun-Mon, can you fly in somehwere else?

TexasFatBoy
09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Mancuso's is the only H-D dealer in Houston that deals in Rentals, they are closed Sun-Mon, can you fly in somehwere else?

The Mancuso's site says they are open on Sundays now, at least for motorclothes and parts. Might just have to call about rentals.

arthureld
09-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Austin HD is open Sunday from 11-5. I called and asked the rental department.

FATboy05
09-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Ok, I called Mancuso's, didn't know there were 2 of them, sorry. The one at Crossroads is open 12-5 on Sunday. They are supposed to call me back, so I'll get definite info soon. I think that's around hwy 290 & 1960, not sure. Rates are $160 for weekends for All Big Twins & V-Rods. You can get a Buell for $49, but we will make you ride in the rear. :D

# is 281-970-9700

Hellswraith
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Reserved my cabin at coyote ranch next to the one Mike reserved yesterday . See ya's in a few weeks ..

bottomsup

TexasFatBoy
09-13-2005, 02:55 PM
OK, slight change in the cabin set-ups - FATboy05 has a buddy and his wife joining us for the weekend, so he went ahead and reserved the other King Cabin, so we now have some loft space in both of them.

Here's what I have so far on cabins and who plans to be there:

King Cabin 1:

Loft Double 1: fatboyridestexas and wife
Loft Double 2: OPEN

King Cabin 2:

BR 1: FATBoy05 and wife
BR 2: M.Isbell (FATBoy05's buddy) and fiance
Loft Single 1: OPEN
Loft Single 2: OPEN
Loft Double 1: OPEN

Hellswraith and family have their own cabin

Magoo and his wife are talking about coming out and reserving one of the motorcycle campsites (but y'all are welcome to share cabin space)

RW and Bo and families - are y'all gonna be there? I kn ow RW contacted me earlier for the dates so his wife could put 'em on the calendar.

BRM - what's up man? You showin or not?

Anyone else I missed? Let me know! Should be a great weekend! woot drunks

magoo
09-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Hey Ya'll Sign me and the Wife up for one of those Loft Double's I'm still bringing the tent though. I've got 3 weeks off from work, And we will be doing more riding in the area for about a week.

I wonder how bad those beds squeek in the Loft........ sex01

BigRedMachine
09-14-2005, 02:41 PM
OK, slight change in the cabin set-ups - FATboy05 has a buddy and his wife joining us for the weekend, so he went ahead and reserved the other King Cabin, so we now have some loft space in both of them.

Here's what I have so far on cabins and who plans to be there:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Loft Single 1: OPEN
Loft Double 1: OPEN

BRM - what's up man? You showin or not?

drunks

Yeah... probably be more likely to make this one than DFW ... what is the Loft Single runnin!?? I think I may be interested in that... PM me some details and we'll go from there:lol:

TexasFatBoy
09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
OK, here's where we are on cabins:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Loft Single 1: BRM
Loft Double 1: magoo and wife (squeakin' the springs!)

At 8 people in the cabins it comes out to about $62.50 plus tax for the whole weekend! Hell, cheaper than a motel! We'll crunch all the numbers at the end.

Hellswraith
09-15-2005, 08:30 AM
I wonder how bad those beds squeek in the Loft........ sex01

Lol and know you know why I got my own cabin !!! haha

:lol:

Nah I got 2 kids onboard and Im sure no one wants to hear kids waking up at 6am !!!

Gig_em
09-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I cleared it on the home front and will be able to make it. Sign me up for one of the singles if still available!
woot

TexasFatBoy
09-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Cool, Gig-Em!

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Loft Single 2: Gig_Em

FATboy05
09-16-2005, 03:27 PM
TFB,
Thanks for giving "squeaking springs" to me, LMAO :D :D :D

BigRedMachine
09-16-2005, 03:45 PM
TFB,

I got a couple gallons of used 20w-50 we can lube that sumbitch down with before you hit the springs!!! :lol:

:lol: At 8 people in the cabins it comes out to about $62.50 plus tax for the whole weekend! Hell, cheaper than a motel! We'll crunch all the numbers at the end.

Ka-Ching!! - more money for beers! Nice!!! and at the rate I've been drinkin' late 2 beers is gonna knock me out... :wacko: for some reason Xanac and alcohol makes you real sleepy? :huh:

TexasFatBoy
09-16-2005, 03:52 PM
TFB,

I got a couple gallons of used 20w-50 we can lube that sumbitch down with before you hit the springs!!! :lol:

Which one you talking about lubing down? The bed springs or magoo? :lol: juker

and at the rate I've been drinkin' late 2 beers is gonna knock me out... :wacko: for some reason Xanac and alcohol makes you real sleepy? :huh:

So you're down from your usual 3 beers and you're out? :P j/k - hope ya get feeling better bud!

BigRedMachine
09-16-2005, 05:18 PM
TFB

Probably just need to lube down the 3 of them and that way were covered! :lol:

- Yeah I was goin' through a case every weekend up to the wreck ??? It should be a law that 17 year olds shouldn't be drivin' an SUV at all.

You think you can get that passed there in Austin??

fatboyridestexas
09-16-2005, 06:22 PM
BRM you need to be up moving around to keep from going to sleep on that stuff :) :), not like i have ever done any of that ( nope no way ) :)

BigRedMachine
09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah I know it... I stay movin' but it gets a little weird when the ground starts moving away from me!

:huh:

rdnekguy
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Well Iguess since the DFW II is winding down with the posting of pics it is time to move to this thread and start the planning all over again :D

arthureld
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Yea, I'm still working on my reservations. This time I'm keeping the bike until Monday at least. That springer I rented was a pleasant change of pace. After taking RW's Vrod for a spin, I'm renting one of those for Hill Country. I liked riding Wolfspecter's with the extended forks too. Wish I would have got a chance to ride yours rdnekguy. I liked that $1100 ratbike. Even if parts were fallin off everywhere we went. :lol:

rdnekguy
09-19-2005, 05:04 PM
It is an adventure for sure. Different way to shift and all. I got no problem letting you take it around a bit when we get to the Hills

arthureld
09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks dude. That was cool everyone letting each other try out their bikes. Never did that before. You might enjoy trying the Vrod too. Or did you try RW's?

BigRedMachine
09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
OKAY! That's enough of the "rubbin' it in shit!" Glad you all had a killer time and even happier everyone's still in one piece.

I spent the weekend sleepin' - I did mow the grass .... and

ta-da - wrapped the pipes in the header wrap... It's Bad Ass!!

bugsquawsher
09-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Yall gunna let an ex Harley Rider Join?
How bout a Stuck up Beemer rider?
Gig_em tells me there is one spot left.
if its still there and Yall will let me silently Ride along . I'll join ya

rdnekguy
09-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Just put some playing cards in your spokes and come on down :P :lol: :huh:

Wide
09-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Just put some playing cards in your spokes and come on down :P :lol: :huh:

Right on :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasFatBoy
09-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Yall gunna let an ex Harley Rider Join?
How bout a Stuck up Beemer rider?
Gig_em tells me there is one spot left.
if its still there and Yall will let me silently Ride along . I'll join ya

I told you months ago that I expected you to drag your Beemer driving ass down here! We just need to have a signal after stops so we know that you've started your bike! :lol:

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

BR 2: Roadking05 and fiance
Loft Double 2: bugsqwasher

bugsquawsher
09-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I told you months ago that I expected you to drag your Beemer driving ass down here! We just need to have a signal after stops so we know that you've started your bike! :lol:

Ok
But when we hit the twisties let me up front so I dont' fall asleep :ph34r:

FATboy05
09-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Wish I would have got a chance to ride yours rdnekguy. I liked that $1100 ratbike. Even if parts were fallin off everywhere we went. :lol:
Now that's just plain funny woot woot

TexasFatBoy
09-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Looks like both cabins are full!

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

Loft Single 2: bugsqwasher
Loft Double 1: fatboyridestexas and playful
Loft Double 2: rdnekguy and short_sport

King Cabin 2:

Loft Double 2: bugsqwasher and lady friend

arthureld
09-20-2005, 12:34 AM

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Is there room for Donna in my single? hehe jk But someone should figure out if she needs a place to sleep. I also heard a Michelle mentioned as well.

TexasFatBoy
09-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, if we need, the Ranch has a ton of other cabins, just no more of the King cabins, so we could always secure one of the smaller cabins if we want. Think some of the others sleep 5 or 6.

FYI, it hasn't been posted in a few pages, so for those interested, here's the website for Koyote Ranch: http://www.koyoteranch.com/

Bo (rw's buddy) has been there and said the place is top notch! B)

FATboy05
09-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Michelle fits under the heading of Mike Isbells/Roadking05's fiance

rdnekguy
09-20-2005, 02:43 AM
For those of you in the cabin with me and the mrs, do you all mind if we bring the boys along or do we need a sitter for that weekend? If I am reading right, Trad and his bride are the only ones who havent met the youngins yet. Let me know if this is an issue and we will take care of it.

Hellswraith
09-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Well I got a 5 person cabin already reserved . My wife has to have some female surgery 2 weeks prior so she dont know if shes in or not yet . If not I'll have 4 open slots in my cabin and its right next to Mikes . I'll let ya'll know as soon as I can if Iv'e got room or not ..

arthureld
09-20-2005, 08:19 AM
I bought my airline tickets. I fly in to Austin Friday at 8am and I'm staying until Monday at 1pm.
I'll make reservations for the Vrod tomorrow. woot

bugsquawsher
09-20-2005, 12:22 PM

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Uh TFB?
Did you get me a Lady Friend for the weekend?
Man what a Nice Guy.
But you got me in both Cabins , I will be alone.
I guess I could let my Scooter sleep in the other bed.

Gig_em
09-20-2005, 01:34 PM

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Uh TFB?
Did you get me a Lady Friend for the weekend?
Man what a Nice Guy.
But you got me in both Cabins , I will be alone.
I guess I could let my Scooter sleep in the other bed.

bugsquawsher, beware of lawyers bearing gifts. It's probably an inflatable lady friend!

TexasFatBoy
09-20-2005, 02:23 PM
bug - not sure what your wife would have to say about that! Actually was moving folks around because I believe jetmonkey is bringing a lady friend!

Sorry buddy - you're gonna be sleepin' alone (as far as I know anyway!) :lol:

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Loft Double 2: jetmonkey and lady friend

bugsquawsher
09-20-2005, 03:14 PM
[quote="bugsquawsher"][quote=TexasFatBoy]
bugsquawsher, beware of lawyers bearing gifts. It's probably an inflatable lady friend!

As Long as she's easy and Not a sheep :unsure:
I aint no Aggie

fatboyridestexas
09-20-2005, 03:30 PM
[quote=bugsquawsher][quote=TexasFatBoy]

I aint no Aggie

easy, just get her drunk :D :D, sleep what is that?? we don't sleep we PARTY all night long groucho

bugsquawsher
09-20-2005, 06:55 PM

I aint no Aggie

easy, just get her drunk :D :D, sleep what is that?? we don't sleep we PARTY all night long groucho

Who said anything about sleep. I was talkin about SHEEP.
Them aggies Likes them sheep. :wub:
So I'm told.

arthureld
09-20-2005, 07:05 PM

I aint no Aggie

Who said anything about sleep. I was talkin about SHEEP.
Them aggies Likes them sheep. :wub:
So I'm told.

That's enough talk about sheep and sleep. Ain't there gonna be no biker chicks? I ain't talkin chickens either. I'd bring my own lady, but that would take away too much of the fun. :P

tradrockrat
09-20-2005, 09:54 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

REDSKIN FAN going down to Texas! See you all there. :lol:

Lets Party!

Arthureld - It's T E X A S - They got beautiful women everywhere.

fatboyridestexas
09-20-2005, 10:08 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Lets Party!

There is, Hell I thought Hollywood had them all..

tradrockrat
09-20-2005, 10:19 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Lets Party!

There is, Hell I thought Hollywood had them all..

LMAO :lol: :lol: We got a lot of 'em for sure.

arthureld
09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Lets Party!

Yer tellin me, I just got back from there. :lol:
You didn't think I'm going by myself because I couldn't find anyone to go with me did you?

FATboy05
09-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Sherrie's sister Donna will be joining the party :D

arthureld
09-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Very cool FATboy05. If she's anything like Sherrie, I hope she wants to ride with me. :wub: I'm sure we'll have a blast with another one like Sherrie around. woot

FATboy05
09-21-2005, 01:44 AM
She's a lot of fun bottomsup bottomsup bottomsup

Hellswraith
09-21-2005, 09:29 AM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Lets Party!

Get a rope !!!

tradrockrat
09-21-2005, 02:34 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Lets Party!

Get a rope !!!

NO! It's OK, you Cowboy fans still have so much to live for!!

Oh wait, you mean for me... :unsure: :o

arthureld
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Lets Party!

Get a rope !!!

NO! It's OK, you Cowboy fans still have so much to live for!!

Oh wait, you mean for me... :unsure: :o

A rope :o Look out Trad them Texans are hardcore.
They don't think much of salad eaters either. :lol:

nascardriver
09-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah arthureld, they did give you a hard time at breakfast didnt they...haha....TO FUNNY

arthureld
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM
I catch hell for my Califonia healthnut eating habits everywhere I go.
Even in California.
That broccoli and swish cheese omelet was pretty damn good though. :lol:

nascardriver
09-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Well dont let em kid ya, I seen several eyeballin it :blink2: , including me...hahaha :D

TexasFatBoy
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
I catch hell for my Califonia healthnut eating habits everywhere I go.
Even in California.
That broccoli and swish cheese omelet was pretty damn good though. :lol:

Damn fruits and nuts! :lol: Can't be a real omelet without some ham, sausage, bacon.....some kinda meat at least! :lol:

rdnekguy
09-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Damn fruits and nuts! Can't be a real omelet without some ham, sausage, bacon.....some kinda meat at least!

This coming from a man who ate Spagetti and Pizza from the buffet at the CHINEESE resturant :P

TexasFatBoy
09-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Damn fruits and nuts! Can't be a real omelet without some ham, sausage, bacon.....some kinda meat at least!

This coming from a man who ate Spagetti and Pizza from the buffet at the CHINEESE resturant :P

Hey - if it's on the buffet, it's eligible! Didn't see none of them veggies on that plate though, did ya? :lol:

fatboyridestexas
09-21-2005, 08:31 PM

Hey - if it's on the buffet, it's eligible! Didn't see none of them veggies on that plate though, did ya? :lol:

don't think you could see what was on you plate eather :lol: :lol: :lol:

tradrockrat
09-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Vegetables are garnish (that's a fancy term for waste of space on a plate) ;) :lol:

short_sport
09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
The only veggies you'll find on duck's plate is corn and green beans. He says he isn't a rabbit. makes it hard to get the ducklings to eat veggies.

tradrockrat
09-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Update!

(Could have sworn I posted this already...)

Road King Custom is reserved in my name for 4:00 pm pick up on Friday Oct. 7, @ Austin HD. Return time is before 4:00 Sunday the 9th. As long as I catch an early plane friday, there should be no problems. If not, I'll just rent whatever is available Saturday.

Either way - FUN TIMES AHEAD!!!

Gig_em
09-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Update!

(Could have sworn I posted this already...)

Road King Custom is reserved in my name for 4:00 pm pick up on Friday Oct. 7, @ Austin HD. Return time is before 4:00 Sunday the 9th. As long as I catch an early plane friday, there should be no problems. If not, I'll just rent whatever is available Saturday.

Either way - FUN TIMES AHEAD!!!

trad, if there is anything I can do to grease the skids on this end, let me know. I can be your HD envoy of sorts. BTW did you reserve at Central Texas HD or the South Austin dealer?

FATboy05
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Vegetables are garnish (that's a fancy term for waste of space on a plate) ;) :lol:

I absolutely agree with this man, on at least one thing :D

tradrockrat
09-21-2005, 10:09 PM
south Austin HD

arthureld
09-21-2005, 10:35 PM
All right you guys, you can put the rope away. I can appreciate a good steak. I haven't had one in about 6 months, but i'll enjoy a nice 1 inch thick chunk of bloody carcass with you guys.
Now, someone has to explain to me why so many af you hard core Texanhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/50.gif bikers drink LIGHT BEER http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/58.gif

rdnekguy
09-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I dont drink light beer........ :unsure:

Cant even stand DIET sodas :P B)

tradrockrat
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Now, someone has to explain to me why so many af you hard core Texanhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/50.gif bikers drink LIGHT BEER http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/58.gif

DAMN!!!!!!! :lol:

Keep that light crap away from me! drunks bottomsup

arthureld
09-21-2005, 11:04 PM
I reserved a 2006 Night Rod from Fri morning thru Mon. morning. freakin

playful25b
09-21-2005, 11:58 PM
All right you guys, you can put the rope away. I can appreciate a good steak. I haven't had one in about 6 months, but i'll enjoy a nice 1 inch thick chunk of bloody carcass with you guys.
Have to watch my beautiful figure ya know :D

arthureld
09-22-2005, 12:37 AM

I think most of us were keepin an eye on that for you. :wub:

playful25b
09-22-2005, 01:24 AM

Yeah thats good to know because I need all the help I can get!! :P

TexasFatBoy
09-22-2005, 01:40 AM

I absolutely agree with this man, on at least one thing :D

Bought my dad a T-shirt that says "Vegetarian: Old Indian Word for Bad Hunter."

He wore it one time when they came to visit in Cali when I was there and I took him to a vegetarian restaurant just to see the looks! :lol:

Hellswraith
09-22-2005, 06:12 AM

Cause when ya drink 32 of them its like drinking a 12 pack anyways ???

arthureld
09-22-2005, 06:38 AM

Cause when ya drink 32 of them its like drinking a 12 pack anyways ???

They don't taste like beer though. Is there alcohol in there? :unsure:

fatboyridestexas
09-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Hey RW seen my boots, shit getting deep over here :D :D

playful25b
09-22-2005, 01:07 PM

Hey RW seen my boots, shit getting deep over here :D :D
What you mean doodles??? Shit getting deep where???
Oh, yeah its getting deep at home uh?!?! :P

arthureld
09-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Speakin of RW, where is that guy? And didn't anyone get a pic of him on the Vrod in shorts & bikerboots :lol:

nascardriver
09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Arthureld, I think I got that picture of RW and his shorts and boots....even though I will never forget that site....LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasFatBoy
09-22-2005, 04:52 PM
nascardriver and FATboy05 just sent me a whole boatload of pictures in the last couple days - got a notice from my sysadmin that my mailbox went over its limit! :lol:

I'll be gettin' 'em all sorted out and uploaded over the weekend!

woot

nascardriver
09-22-2005, 04:54 PM
TFB let me know when you get some more room, I have a bunch more....good uns...hahahaha

FATboy05
09-23-2005, 01:31 AM
All the men/real men planning on attending The Hill Country Ride beware!!!! TFB seems to have an eye for the fellas???sex01 sex01

sorry TFB, was too damn good. I sure hope I didn't do anything stupid.........on film :D

TexasFatBoy
09-23-2005, 01:40 AM
All the men/real men planning on attending The Hill Country Ride beware!!!! TFB seems to have an eye for the fellas???sex01 sex01

sorry TFB, was too damn good. I sure hope I didn't do anything stupid.........on film :D

Well, after YOUR wife got rid of the regular girl, we had to do what we had to do! Asshole! :lol:

FATboy05
09-23-2005, 01:45 AM

Well, after YOUR wife got rid of the regular girl, we had to do what we had to do! Asshole! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nascardriver
09-23-2005, 01:46 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry TFB, too friggin funny.......LMAO

FATboy05
09-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Ok, it's only fair I put a pic of "the regular girl" on here, and I thought Sherrie pulled a very good prank on yall! The rest of you should have seen the look on their faces when Dude walked to the beer tub, and told him he was taking over for her LMAO!

nascardriver
09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
fatboy05, yeah Sherrie, really pulled a good one, I thought we were all going to cry, I was ready to go, until TFB " Made a new friend"....LMAO. :lol: :lol: ...Then I kinew the night was fixing to get interesting........and it did... drunks :lol: bottomsup boobs boobs boobs

Jetmonkey
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey TFB...hope you got the "regular girl's" phone number...I would love to have it... ;)

TexasFatBoy
09-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey TFB...hope you got the "regular girl's" phone number...I would love to have it... ;)

I didn't get hers, although someone may have it. But we did get the number of Holly, the Hooters girl! boobs

Hellswraith
09-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Did anyone get a pic of that brunette that shoved her tits in my face for some beads ? My wife wasnt too impressed and pretty much wanted to leave after that ..

:lol: boobs whip ip

Jetmonkey
09-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Did anyone get a pic of that brunette that shoved her tits in my face for some beads ? My wife wasnt too impressed and pretty much wanted to leave after that ..

Damn married guys...they have all the luck... :wacko:

bugsquawsher
09-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Someone can have the Bunk I was going to be in.
As off today I'm out. Long story.
Any how , yall have fun and be safe.

TexasFatBoy
09-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry ya won't be makin' it bug....

FATBoy05 - notice we don't have Donna in a bed yet - so I guess we can move Gig_Em to my cabin and give her the single in yours.

Cabin update:

King Cabin 1:

King Cabin 2:

Loft Single 2: Donna
Loft Double 2: jetmonkey and lady friend

fatboyridestexas
09-24-2005, 03:33 PM

Damn married guys...they have all the luck... :wacko:

Donna can sleep with Playful and I if need to ( well its ok with me anyway ) :P :P

FATboy05
09-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Donna can sleep with Playful and I if need to ( well its ok with me anyway ) :P :P

There it is again, HCG'ers willing to help out others! sex02

tradrockrat
09-24-2005, 09:57 PM

There it is again, HCG'ers willing to help out others! sex02

NOW I know why we're getting the "big cabins"... ;) :lol: sex02 sex02 sex02 sex02 sex02 sex02

nascardriver
09-26-2005, 12:23 PM
B) Ok Boys and GIRLS boobs The camera Bandit flasher.gif got a new camera(Vickie is band from touching(the camera).... :lol: :lol: So I want some good shots of this run.....And yes TFB you can bring your friend from Hoggs.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....(priceless) woot ....Arthurweld I will have us a few coronas on ice buddy......Everyone have a great week

arthureld
09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
B) Ok Boys and GIRLS boobs The camera Bandit flasher.gif got a new camera(Vickie is band from touching(the camera).... :lol: :lol: So I want some good shots of this run.....And yes TFB you can bring your friend from Hoggs.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....(priceless) woot ....Arthurweld I will have us a few coronas on ice buddy......Everyone have a great week

Hey NCD, I have a neck band for my camera. It's great for taking pics from the back of a bike. It's kind of convenient to have it just hanging there for special occasions too. ;)
We'll surely have a few cases of Corona on ice. But my Night Rod won't have Saddle bags. How am I going to carry my beer? :(

nascardriver
09-26-2005, 02:12 PM
B) I can carry several cold bottles of Corona, and a bag of limes and salt. I have Worked on that problem dilligantly several times about just how much I can carry, bottomsup bottomsup and all the other stuff you gotta have, such as tool's, rainsuit, oil, maps, cell phone, girlfriend..... :wacko: oh yeah you dont have to have nothing else but the cold corona......my bad......oh and the sweetie to look cool on the back of the scoot boobs boobs boobs ......So I will carry the Corona drunks drunks

arthureld
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
B) I can carry several cold bottles of Corona, and a bag of limes and salt. I have Worked on that problem dilligantly several times about just how much I can carry, bottomsup bottomsup and all the other stuff you gotta have, such as tool's, rainsuit, oil, maps, cell phone, girlfriend..... :wacko: oh yeah you dont have to have nothing else but the cold corona......my bad......oh and the sweetie to look cool on the back of the scoot boobs boobs boobs ......So I will carry the Corona drunks drunks

I ain't got no sweetie to look cool on the back, but I got you to carry the beer. :wub:

nascardriver
09-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Where you pickin your bike up at? Surely there is a sweetie boobs that wants to cruise and party drunks

arthureld
09-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Don't worry about me. If I was with someone, I'd get in trouble for being my obnoxious horndog self. :lol:

nascardriver
09-26-2005, 03:21 PM
hahaha.....well hang tight we will be tossin back those Coronas soon drunks drunks 1beer

TexasFatBoy
09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Don't worry about me. If I was with someone, I'd get in trouble for being my obnoxious horndog self. :lol:

You've gotta be with someone for that side to show through....I don't think so! <_< :lol:

nascardriver
09-26-2005, 03:26 PM
B) I dont think so either or at least I don't...I am a pretty good ole horndog myself...hahaha...and obnoxious at times drunks

FATboy05
09-26-2005, 09:55 PM
I ain't got no sweetie to look cool on the back, but I got you to carry the beer. :wub:

Play you cards right, and you might have a Donna on back groucho

TexasFatBoy
09-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Heard from the docs today (posted that in the Pig Roast thread about my bad back) and it looks like I will not be able to ride for this. If I can get into surgery this week, then I will be able to attend, but no riding for me.

Sorry folks - but as they say - health first!

I'll print maps for y'all so you can still run the 3's - can't miss that part! And I'll be back at the ranch making sure the beer stays cold! drunks

nascardriver
09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
TFB, take care of the ol back and we will take pic's of the ride, for you to drool over till we do it again next year...Take care Brother B)

FATboy05
09-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Damn sorry to hear that TFB, We are really having a hard time keeping HCG'ers healthy for events lately. Especially here in Texas grenade
Hope the surgery goes well. I sure hope you can make it. 1beer 1beer

wreckerman
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
dam tfb sorry to hear about your back hope it gets better quick and if you need a fill in dont hesatate to ask i can help out hint hint :lol: :wub: :wub:

arthureld
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Heard from the docs today (posted that in the Pig Roast thread about my bad back) and it looks like I will not be able to ride for this. If I can get into surgery this week, then I will be able to attend, but no riding for me.

Sorry folks - but as they say - health first!

I'll print maps for y'all so you can still run the 3's - can't miss that part! And I'll be back at the ranch making sure the beer stays cold! drunks

TFB, don't worry about us. You gotta take care of yourself so you don't end up getting worse. We understand that.
I just hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy hanging out with us. :(

Play you cards right, and you might have a Donna on back groucho

I'll enjoy meeting MrsFATboy05's sister Donna. I sure enjoyed hanging out with you and MrsFATboy05. And of course Donna is welcome to ride with me.

You've gotta be with someone for that side to show through....I don't think so! <_< :lol:

Oh, I guess I must have been on good behavior at DFW. You must think I'm a gentleman. Haha had you fooled.

fatboyridestexas
09-26-2005, 11:36 PM
WHAT THE HELL BRO, sorry you will not be able to ride but at least you WILL be able to PARTY with us RIGHT RIGHT what I cant hear you RIGHT.
TFB I wish you the best, your back is nothing to mess with, better to get it fixed now so we can ride later.. Good Luck Bro..

FATboy05
09-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Oh, I guess I must have been on good behavior at DFW. You must think I'm a gentleman. Haha had you fooled.

We think no such thing, but Donna's a big girl she can take care of herself whip ip

Hellswraith
09-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Ohhhh shit !! Does that mean Im ride guide again ? I was lost in Dfw - cant wait till we get to the hill country and have a few Shiners .. :lol:

Get better TFB - a few Shiners and you'll forget all about that back !!

drunks

tradrockrat
09-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Damn TFB...

This sucks. Get better quick.

TexasFatBoy
09-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Well, I'm definitely out of the ridin' portion of the weekend, but maybe not the partyin' part. Scheduled to go under the knife on Monday morning at 10:00 am. Should be home and walking that evening, but not allowed to sit or bend over for one solid week.
So I asked the doc about making it down to the Hill Country - he said if I felt like I could do it, to do it - but - keep the seat in the truck reclined back as far as possible during the drive and stay reclined/laying down or upright/standing/walking as much as possible during the weekend.

So at this point, my plan is to make it, but it will obviously depend on how I'm feeling next week after the surgery. If I feel like shit, then I'll back out. Guess that just means me and the mrs are up in the air on this one right now. Sorry I couldn't be more positive one way or the other, but I'm hopin' I feel good enough to make it! drunks

arthureld
09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Get well TFB. Hope to see you there.

TexasFatBoy
09-27-2005, 10:48 PM

You'll see me either way - you're staying at our place Sunday night! :lol:

I'll put together a nice set of backroads for you and some other interested folks to ride on Sunday as well - bring ya the long way back to Austin and the house and then folks can split off for Dallas and points north if they want - and if folks out east have time, they can loop around too.

momsridin
09-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Dang TFB I hate to hear about your back and the surgery. I know you are really wanting to play but........Please don't push it to hard. Tha back surgery has to hold up for a lifetime of fun. Don't mess up your recovery pushing it too hard. Please take it easy.

Sorry for throwing the wet blanket on the party but I worry about ya. You know that's Mom's job anyway. :P Feel better soon.

TexasFatBoy
09-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Dang TFB I hate to hear about your back and the surgery. I know you are really wanting to play but........Please don't push it to hard. Tha back surgery has to hold up for a lifetime of fun. Don't mess up your recovery pushing it too hard. Please take it easy.

Sorry for throwing the wet blanket on the party but I worry about ya. You know that's Mom's job anyway. :P Feel better soon.

Thanks, mom! Ya wanna come to Texas and play nurse? :lol: :wub:

momsridin
09-27-2005, 10:58 PM

Thanks, mom! Ya wanna come to Texas and play nurse? :lol: :wub:

Now you ought to know that is what I do best.

Bend over this will only hurt for a minute. ;)

arthureld
09-27-2005, 11:10 PM

You'll see me either way - you're staying at our place Sunday night! :lol:

I'll put together a nice set of backroads for you and some other interested folks to ride on Sunday as well - bring ya the long way back to Austin and the house and then folks can split off for Dallas and points north if they want - and if folks out east have time, they can loop around too.

Thanks TFB, let's see how you feel. If you are up to company, we'll be there. I'm a big boy and will be fine in any case.

nascardriver
09-28-2005, 12:03 PM
B) Man TFB that does suck big time. Well if you dont make it, we will kill a few cold ones on your behalf... drunks ...and the maybe we could have a frosty balls run in late October or November woot We could use some more photo op's with Holly and Shelly...hehehe flasher.gif boobs drunks

arthureld
09-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey guys, whos all gonna be in Austin on Friday? I will pick up my bike from Austin HD Friday morning and am wondering if there will be others meeting me in Austin and riding with me to Koyote Ranch.

FATboy05
09-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Art,
We {Roadking05/Hellswraith} are either going the backroads all the way, or if we get out of DFW by 9:00 a.m. like I want, we may go down to Georgetown, and cut over to Medina that way/faster. If you don't have anyone there to roll with you can go north about 20 miles, and meet up with us.

arthureld
09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks FATboy05. I'm pretty sure Jetmonkey and Tradrockrat are going to be in Austin sometime on Friday. But we should think about organizing a meeting spot if it is convinient.
Only a little more than a week to go. :) woot

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Thanks FATboy05. I'm pretty sure Jetmonkey and Tradrockrat are going to be in Austin sometime on Friday. But we should think about organizing a meeting spot if it is convinient.

If nothing else, we can meet here at the house and head down from here.

arthureld
09-29-2005, 02:11 AM

If nothing else, we can meet here at the house and head down from here.

I'm still hopeing you will be well enough to come with us TFB. But I don't want you to have to deal with me and the rest of us if you aren't up to it. So, I just want to have some alternative plans in place just in case.

How are you feeling anyway?

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 02:45 AM
Feeling OK tonight - and no Vicodin since Monday - I think the oral steroid dose pack (six days worth - finished the cycle on Sunday) did the job of reducing the inflammation - can't feel my right ass cheek, back of my right thigh or my right foot (other than kind of a pre-cramp type tingle), but if this surgery goes like the last one, I'll be walking with no pain or discomfort by Monday night, some pain in the back but no leg pain and still walking on Tuesday, probably feel like I got kicked in the back on Wednesday and then everything improves quite nicely and pretty much pain free after I get over that hump - just gotta make sure I don't do any bending/sitting for a week.

Just means if all I can do is stand or lay down/recline alot, I'll probably be closer to the ground when it comes time to pass out! :lol: drunks

arthureld
09-29-2005, 03:46 AM
We're all praying for things to go as smooth as possible.
It won't be the same at Koyote Ranch if you aren't there.
But of course we understand that you have to take care of this.
Take it easy my friend. It'll be over and done with soon. :)

Hellswraith
09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey Arthureld - what time you flying into Austin anyways ? I wouldnt mind waiting up for ya if its not too late as long as Fatboy05 and Roadking05 are kewl with it .. If not you'll have to ride alone !! :lol:

Yes Fatboy05 - I'll be ready to roll at 8am if ya wanna leave early . Took us about 6 hours last year to make it there with alll the stops . But we didnt leave till after 6pm and took the main roads down .

arthureld
09-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey Hells,
I'll be in Austin at 8:15 AM Friday. And I'll probably pick up my bike by 9 or 10 AM.
Even if I ride alone, it's less than 150 miles from Austin to Koyote Ranch. And I'll be ridin a 120 hp Night Rod. kam

Hellswraith
09-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Hmm well we'll probably not be close to Austin that early .. Unlesss we make some serious haste ... :lol: But if ya wanna wait up for us then by all means let us know and we'll meet ya somewhere along the way ...

arthureld
09-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm still waiting to hear back from Tradrockrat to see when him and Jetmonkey will be in Austin.
Also, I'm hopeing TFB will be feeling well enough to go.
But if you guys could keep in touch so we can make plans on Friday, that would be great.
Here's my cell - 310 809 1649 and I'll have it with me.

Hellswraith
09-29-2005, 12:22 PM
But if you guys could keep in touch so we can make plans on Friday, that would be great..

Will do - I dont figure we'll be in the Austin area until about noonish depending on traffic .

Gig_em
09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I plan on leaving some time on Friday. I live about 25 miles east of Austin, in Elgin (right on Hwy 290) and would like to hook up with you guys. I could meet the folks comming from Houston, or meet in Austin. Is there a time and place to meet yet?

fatboyridestexas
09-29-2005, 01:25 PM
We are leaving the Woodlands Friday morning around 8ish and headed up
I10 to San Antonio hoping to at the Ranch about 1:00 or 2:00ish if anyone wonts to hook up for the ride send me a PM and we can make plans..

later on
FBRT

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, for trad and jetmonkey, I expect they will come by the house - Trad - you and Beth are welcome to ride my Fatboy for the weekend (it already knows the roads down there! :D ) So if they are picking up a bike here, then they may be stopping by Austin. If we can figure out about when they'll be here, then we can gather folks here at the house to go down together.

fatboyridestexas
09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks TFB, I'll try to get a hold of JetMonkey and start making plans

BigRedMachine
09-29-2005, 03:41 PM
The quickest route for me is going through San Antonio ... but that requires I hit I-10 for nearly 200 miles :wacko: - 2 miles on that damn road is too long!

The other way is heading south and back up but that'll make it a 7 hour trip ! No thanks!

I'm thinking 290 to Austin is a better way to go... still thinkin' on it. DAMN! it hurts!!!!!! :blink2:

Any insight TFB??

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 03:52 PM
The quickest route for me is going through San Antonio ... but that requires I hit I-10 for nearly 200 miles :wacko: - 2 miles on that damn road is too long!

The other way is heading south and back up but that'll make it a 7 hour trip ! No thanks!

I'm thinking 290 to Austin is a better way to go... still thinkin' on it. DAMN! it hurts!!!!!! :blink2:

Any insight TFB??

For you, I'd (unfortunately) recommend the I-10 into Columbus and then pick up 71W to Austin.

Once y'all get to the house, I can give you a scenic ride (maybe 1 1/2 - 2 hours) down to Koyote Ranch - definitely some nice roads to get y'all there. Or even a slightly more direct route with decent roads (non-interstate).

Gig_em
09-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Well, for trad and jetmonkey, I expect they will come by the house - Trad - you and Beth are welcome to ride my Fatboy for the weekend (it already knows the roads down there! :D ) So if they are picking up a bike here, then they may be stopping by Austin. If we can figure out about when they'll be here, then we can gather folks here at the house to go down together.

Mind if I tag along? I think I can find your place while sober... ;)

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Damn straight you can come along! And I doubt you can find it sober - you've never been here sober! :lol: Oh wait, yes you have - it was soon after arriving that you were no longer sober! So you can find your way here sober, it's the way home ya con't figure out without a few! drunks

Gig_em
09-29-2005, 06:46 PM

Damn straight you can come along! And I doubt you can find it sober - you've never been here sober! :lol: Oh wait, yes you have - it was soon after arriving that you were no longer sober! So you can find your way here sober, it's the way home ya con't figure out without a few! drunks

It's all so very confusing. :huh: I need a beer. bottomsup

tradrockrat
09-29-2005, 06:52 PM

OK - -I'll try this again -- I'm mentally deficient this morning

I wrote to Art, but here's what's happening. I'm supposed to pick up my bike around 4:00-ish on friday, and I'll be comming in with Beth (Ms. Trad) and Jetmonkey.

As for the fatboy - I'd love to, but my wife might have a few requests (she's into sissybars and comfy seats). We'll talk. ;)

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 07:05 PM

OK - -I'll try this again -- I'm mentally deficient this morning

I wrote to Art, but here's what's happening. I'm supposed to pick up my bike around 4:00-ish on friday, and I'll be comming in with Beth (Ms. Trad) and Jetmonkey.

As for the fatboy - I'd love to, but my wife might have a few requests (she's into sissybars and comfy seats). We'll talk. ;)

Got a good sissybar on the bike and a nice wide Saddlemen passenger seat - much more comfortable than stock - as well as passenger floorboards and a set of passenger pegs just under the driver seat where she can kick her legs up and change position.

Now for you, the Saddlemen is also much more comfortable than stock, although my fatty has no floorboards - I pulled 'em and put in 2" extended forwards. I also have a driver's backrest if you are so inclined and there's a windshield in the garage for it if Beth really demands something like that.

Dude, no need to rent when there's a perfectly good, strong-runnin' and fuckin' comfortable ride sittin' right here. B)

Jetmonkey
09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
OK, I'll try to get seats for Trad and wife in the first flight out to IAH. I'll pick them up at the airport adn bring them to the house to get my bike. Maybe we can all meet at my place adn take off from here. I'll post the approximate times. Trad, you can drive my truck or ride my bike to Austin or if you'd like I can book you on the next flight from IAH to AUS, just that you will double your chances of getting bumped off. Let me know.
BRM, you could meet us here. We can take the back roads for about 50 miles before hitting 290.

tradrockrat
09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Got a good sissybar on the bike and a nice wide Saddlemen passenger seat - much more comfortable than stock - as well as passenger floorboards and a set of passenger pegs just under the driver seat where she can kick her legs up and change position.

Now for you, the Saddlemen is also much more comfortable than stock, although my fatty has no floorboards - I pulled 'em and put in 2" extended forwards. I also have a driver's backrest if you are so inclined and there's a windshield in the garage for it if Beth really demands something like that.

Dude, no need to rent when there's a perfectly good, strong-runnin' and fuckin' comfortable ride sittin' right here. B)

I don't nedd any of that stuff - just the seat and backrest for her. :lol:

You sold me. I'll borrow your ride (Beth told me that it would be a Sacrilege if both you AND your bike didn't make the ride).

Jetmonkey- no need for the second leg of the flight. We'll hook up with you and ride your truck to TFB's place.

Sound good?

TexasFatBoy
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Sounds great except the fuckin' doctors office just called me and bumped my damn surgery from Monday to Wednesday. Said they have an urgent case that they have to do on Monday and need to fuckin' bump me. Given that I won't hit surgery until Wednesday, it's highly unlikely that I'll even be able to head down to the Hill Country at fuckin' all! I'll ask the doc about it when I go to surgery, but it ain't lookin' good at fuckin' all. Son of a bitch! caged bitchin

That means that y'all coming this direction DEFINTELY need to swing by our place in Austin on the way and art will be staying here Sunday night (yes art - no problem with that at all - get yer butt here on Sunday!)

You cannot believe how fuckin' pissed I am about this right now - maybe if I go try to lift my truck, I can become and urgent case that has to go in right now. OK, maybe not the best idea.

Damn, I hate missin' a party - especially when the wife and I are supposed to be celebratin the anniversary and trad's officiating for the vow renewal. Dammit!

But trad - ya still gotta take my scoot, so I know y'all will be by so I can meet your bride - and maybe I'll get lucky and the doc will OK me to ride in the truck down to the Ranch anyway - just have to wait and see. Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!!!

BigRedMachine
09-29-2005, 08:30 PM
BRM, you could meet us here. We can take the back roads for about 50 miles before hitting 290.

Cool... I'll think on that one... but I don't know about gettin' there at 8am... DAMN! I gots to have my beauty sleep!

Damn, I hate missin' a party - especially when the wife and I are supposed to be celebratin the anniversary and trad's officiating for the vow renewal. Dammit!

I think you're gonna make it. We just got to believe. If you don't??? Shit man - it won't even be the same OR right?? We might just have to stay at your place and hit 6th street or something. boobs drunks

tradrockrat
09-29-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm with BRM. I say the party is where you are TFB. F#ck the ranch. We'll stay in hotels around your place if you can't ride in a truck.

This whole thing is about you and Valerie, not the rides.

Just my .02

FATboy05
09-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm with BRM. I say the party is where you are TFB. F#ck the ranch. We'll stay in hotels around your place if you can't ride in a truck.

This whole thing is about you and Valerie, not the rides.

Just my .02

Sucks TFB! I think you can make it, we'll just have to wheel ya around everywhere. I'm staying at the Koyote Ranch. They already got $250 that I can't get back this late. Plus I want to do the ride. I hear it's really nice, right TFB? Plus I doubt if TFB isn't able to make the trip, he would want a bunch of drunks laid out all over his house, yard, Lol. drunks 1beer

playful25b
09-29-2005, 10:35 PM
(((TFB))) that really bites..You call that Doc of yours and tell him that if he doesn't get you in on Monday that you are gonna sue his ass for mental and emotional anguish :D

Gig_em
09-29-2005, 10:41 PM
TFB, You do what you have to do to get back into riding shape. Damn, the timing could not have been worse. It's all that clean livin' you've been doin'. It's comming back to haunt you. ;) :lol:

... Plus I doubt if TFB isn't able to make the trip, he would want a bunch of drunks laid out all over his house, yard, Lol. drunks 1beer

I dunno. Hasn't minded in the past. His neighbors, however... bottomsup drunks

FATboy05
09-29-2005, 10:41 PM
(((TFB))) that really bites..You call that Doc of yours and tell him that if he doesn't get you in on Monday that you are gonna sue his ass for mental and emotional anguish :D

Now that's a dang good idea!

FATboy05
09-29-2005, 10:43 PM
TFB, You do what you have to do to get back into riding shape. Damn, the timing could not have been worse. It's all that clean livin' you've been doin'. It's comming back to haunt you. ;) :lol:

... Plus I doubt if TFB isn't able to make the trip, he would want a bunch of drunks laid out all over his house, yard, Lol. drunks 1beer

I dunno. Hasn't minded in the past. His neighbors, however... bottomsup drunks

Sounds kinda like the other guests at the Comfort Inn, at the DFW events groucho