PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

EasyJim
01-12-2005, 08:16 PM
OK, here is the deal. I was enjoying this site and posting all good. I have been using my desktop running windowsMe(it sucks I know),zonealarm firewall and norton anti virus and this is a DSL connection. Everything was fine, then about a week ago I couldn't log in here, every other site I visit and log into no problem. This site however, I would log in and my personal information would pop up but I was not logged in and could not post or see memberlist etc. The only thing I can think of was this happened after norton updated. I am on my laptop right now which is fine, I have made sure all of my internet security settings etc, that are on my laptop match the desktop. I have also tried shutting down popup stopper on the desktop,shutting down zone alarm and disabling Norton and still I cannot log in to this site. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would appreciate it, I have tried everything I can think of and so far nothing has worked. :wacko:

Wide
01-12-2005, 09:04 PM
The only other thing I can think of is to try to log in from the forums & the main page, we have 2 login points that you can use.

As always delete the cookies after a failed attempt at logging in

There has to be an issue with the cookies, I'll poke around & try to fing something :D

EasyJim
01-12-2005, 10:57 PM
WIDE-----------Everything is working now. I did nothing different than usual, came to the site tried logging in and bam it worked. I am totally confused as to what caused this and what fixed it, but hey it's working I'm happy. :D

Wide
01-13-2005, 12:03 AM
WIDE-----------Everything is working now. I did nothing different than usual, came to the site tried logging in and bam it worked. I am totally confused as to what caused this and what fixed it, but hey it's working I'm happy. :D

Welcome to the computer world :lol: :lol:

Funny thing is everytime I post a tech question in my geek forums I figure it out myself, guess it intimidates the whole deal :lol:

Tiger
01-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Delete your cookies and offline files. Then Check your FireWall settings. I bet somehow HCG is on the blacklist. I hope this helps.
V-Rod

TOBYPABP
01-29-2005, 02:54 AM
I have had the same problem. Computer at home works. My employees computers at work log in ok (they are getting pissed because I keep stealing their computers) but my computer at work doesn't want to log in and be able to post any replies, I can see personal information, that is it. I've tried the firewall, cookie, antivirus, spam, pop up, etc and dropped security to a mininum. nothing seems to work. Guess my people will need to understand certain times at work, HCG is just more important!

Ironhead80
01-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Sounds like a bad case of FM. Glad you're back up and running.