PDA

View Full Version : Best pipes to put on an 03 FLSTCI

ChicwithSoftail
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
I am looking for opinions on the best sounding pipes to put on my 03 Softail Classic/fuel injected. I have Screaming Eagles on it now and they sound like a lawn mower. Any suggestions? Note: I have a high flow intake already. I am not sure which way to go - slip ons or not. Not to keen on spending $1500 for re-mapping and dyno but I also want it to sound good. My husband has Thunderheaders on his 96 Road King and i love the sound! [flag=us]

Heretic
08-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I have two friends who put the vance and hines slip-ons on their bikes, and I really like the sound. They are not too loud, and have a nice deep tone.

I really think LSR makes a better pipe than thunderheader. They are a little spendy, but I think they are worth it

Pappy
08-20-2008, 05:13 AM
FWIW, I put Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles on my 08 and I love em.

coolhawg6622
08-20-2008, 05:52 AM
I ran Rush as well on my heritage for a while....sounded good!! Call Jamie at Fuel Moto up in Neenah. He sells his own Called "Jackpots" that are the same pipe as The Rush only he puts his own baffle in them...

Or spend the cake and get a Tunderheader......... Jazda)):

JCal
05-17-2015, 04:04 PM
When I first started building my 2003 FLSTCI, I tried several different exhaust systems -- V&H BigShots Long, V&H ShortShots, Supertrapp and Python. When I added the current Thundermax Autotune EFI controller ( after installing the S&S 106" stroker kit ), I needed an exhaust with O2 sensor bungs and wanted a true-dual exhaust ( one pipe on the left and one on the right ). I searched several manufacturers and -- at that time -- there were only a couple being made. V&H made a set but I didn't care for the look of the pipe being the same O.D from the head pipe to the muffler ( I wanted the look of the Rhinehart with the larger muffler ). I landed on the Bassani SFT211 head pipes and slash cut mufflers. Still running them to this day -- good looking, great performance and loud ( although that doesn't deter me as I'm a firm believer that Loud Pipes Save Lives ).