PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: PC3 runs rougher than SERT

Drebbin
01-24-2009, 06:34 AM
UPDATE 24 JAN:
It has been an expensive few days -- but much knowledge has been gained. So before I post my details I need to get a couple Reuben Hot Dogs & some chips, stand by. DREBBIN

Anyone else have both PC3 and SERT experience on an 08? I've noticed with the PC3 it is running rougher. And lots of popping with down shift - engine braking. Damnit. DREBBIN

SuperSport
01-24-2009, 06:47 AM
I had the PC3 on my 07 and it had to be retuned from winter to summer to winter or it started popping and generally running poorly when cruising and at stop lights. I switched to the TMAT in the middle of last summer and never had those problems again. In fact, the TMAT added 10 percent to my torque and hp (see my dyno in the Sportster forum).

Drebbin
01-24-2009, 06:59 AM
I had the PC3 on my 07 and it had to be retuned from winter to summer to winter or it started popping and generally running poorly when cruising and at stop lights. I switched to the TMAT in the middle of last summer and never had those problems again. In fact, the TMAT added 10 percent to my torque and hp (see my dyno in the Sportster forum).

Thats good info my friend -thnx

Whistler
01-24-2009, 10:56 AM
whats a TMAT ?? going to look for it now

FASTultra
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
whats a TMAT ?? going to look for it now

Thunder Max Auto Tune

Wide
01-24-2009, 12:22 PM
To stop popping if I remember correct you need to change the decelerator setting. It's all in the tuning

Personally I like the decel pop. After all I did race GTU Mazda back in the 80's, those babies threw flames Jazda)):

CoolMaker
01-24-2009, 12:33 PM
The T-Max does not have a unit for the FBW yet though,,,, I have one on my 06 and could not be happier.. ;)

junior
01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
i've got nearly 40,000 on the pc3 on my '05. i run solo and two up, sea level to the cascade mountains, 20 degrees to 110 degrees, and it's never missed a lick. even after i bumped it to 85 and cammed it it still gets 40-42 MPG pretty regularly. guy i ride with has a sert, 95 and his mechanicals are similar. when wee fill up, almost without exception we use within a tenth of a gallon of each other. neither bike pops, both have power, the only main difference is i am pc3 and he is sert.

go figure.

my bet is that it was never tuned correctly. try tuning the fuel off in the zero throttle cell....

j