PDA

View Full Version : Frankenharley

rdnekguy
07-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Here you go Kagan.......

This is a 2006 Street Bob that I had a 16" rim laced to the stock 19" wheel hub. I told Kagan about it and got yelled at for not posting pics. The shop I went through in MO farmed out the project to a company called Wheel Works out there in CA. They started from scratch and custom cut, bent, and threaded the new spokes.

I cant do anything easy.

Wide
07-31-2009, 06:42 AM
The shop I went through in MO farmed out the project to a company called Wheel Works out there in CA. They started from scratch and custom cut, bent, and threaded the new spokes.

Yep those guys are great, right down the block on Nutwood, had to say the street name LOL

Kagan
07-31-2009, 06:44 AM
Yes, I yelled at you, and deservedly so! It looks great and took some time and effort to get the parts you wanted! I love when I see projects outside the catalog!!

Well done Duck. As I tell customers all the time, "You won't find 8' girders in the catalog but I bet you've seen 'em".

Jazda)):

arthureld
07-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Looks more reliable than the last bike I saw you riding. lol
Damn good looking bike rdnekguy.
I ordered my 05 Roadking with laced wheels but it showed up with with aluminum wheels.
They look cool as hell.

rdnekguy
07-31-2009, 07:49 AM

This is very true..... nothing has fallen off this one :blink2:

And why am I not surprised that Wide knows of Wheel Works? I am still looking for someone to make a wide whitewall for the 17" rear tire. Like I told Kagan that is the last thing I need to get the look I am searching for.

arthureld
07-31-2009, 08:01 AM

This is very true..... nothing has fallen off this one :blink2:

Yea well, that other project bike got you where you wanted to go. That was a great party too.

rdnekguy
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Well now that I am here in West Virginia and a bit closer, I will have to try to plan something for next summer so you can come down and ride

arthureld
07-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a plan bud. Hope you make it up this way or maybe I'll catch you in MI.