PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another New Harley For My Wife.

CurryBob
01-26-2005, 04:14 PM
While this will not surprise some of you that have track me and my wife's progression, we now have a new Harley to our family.

This is my wife's 3rd Harley since this past Sept. We sold her 1200C Sportster and she now has a 05 blue and white Deluxe. Harley had sent us a coupon good for $1000 off accessories if we purchased a new bike. Got the Deluxe for MSRP and loaded it up with accessories ($3000 worth). Still waiting on a front wheel. My wife had been drolling over the Deluxe for months now and she had driven my Heritage several times and felt she was ready to move up to the soft tail. I guess that coupon pushed me over the edge plus we had no problem selling the 1200C.

This is the only photo I have right now, it's at the dealer getting stuff installed.

I need to own a dealership groucho

Bob

Horse
01-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Got the Deluxe for MSRP and loaded it up with accessories ($3000 worth). Still waiting on a front wheel. My wife had been drolling over the Deluxe for months now

Great paint combo, blue and white looks great on the Deuce and I can understand you wife's anticipation. Great machine.
Congratulation!!! woot

Tony
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Cool bike for her. Congrats!!!

anarchy
01-26-2005, 05:09 PM
nice looking bike - congratulations...

Wide
01-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Way to go BOB!!!!

Thats too cool :D

BikerBabe
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Lucky Lady! boobs

Slice
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Great choice. The dealer by me has one on the floor and I turn into a slobbering idiot (not hard to do) every time I see it.

They are very sharp.

Congrats to her!

wreckerman
01-26-2005, 11:03 PM
nice looking , and congradulation "again" wife is sure lucky

Atch
01-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Nice looking bike--- Your wife is a lucky lady

Great choice. The dealer by me has one on the floor and I turn into a slobbering idiot (not hard to do) every time I see it.

They are very sharp.

Congrats to her!

Don't worry, Slice---every time I leave a dealership, they have to mop up the drool, too!!!!

NY90
01-26-2005, 11:07 PM
You're a good man CurryBob,
You know what they say...."A family that rides together, stays together".
That is what they say, isn't it? :lol:

Buster
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
WOW!

Very sharp bike. Hope my wife doesn't see that bike.

TexasFatBoy
01-27-2005, 12:18 AM
LMAO! OK, Bob - I think y'all get the award for the most harley trades in one year for the HCG! :lol:

Bike looks great - so are ya sure you're keeping this one for awhile? :P

Amused
01-27-2005, 03:51 AM
What wheels did you get?

What accessories did you buy?

I'm still waiting on my Black/White Deluxe with injection, Profile Laced Wheels, and security. I'm having them do Stage II Big Bore and V&H Big Shot Longs at delivery. It's due in in late Feb.

I hate waiting, but it's not like I could do much riding here in IL until late March or so.

momsridin
01-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Congrats to Tara on the new ride. Something tell's me you very much enjoy seeing her happy. :wub: That's an awesome bike.

HeadDoc
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
man She is a lucky lady ...love that bike. CB you change motorsickles more than most people change thier bluejeans! :lol:

Just kiddin we all wish we were related to ya! :P

Plano-Hog
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
:D Great Choice

SchimDog
01-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Man, I like the Deluxe!!!

HIGHNWIDE
01-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Sweet Ass bike Bob!!! Saw that exact bike/color at Bartels 2 wks ago - DAMN pretty!!! Props to the wife!

Hollywood
01-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Great bike! They have one like it at the Harley shop here.

CurryBob
01-30-2005, 02:36 PM
90fxrs, That is what they say and if they don't they should. We have soooo much fun together now.

Here are a few more photos. Still haven't brought it home, waiting on a couple more accessories.

Thanks to all for the nice comments. See you on the road.

Bob

CurryBob
01-30-2005, 02:40 PM
I also wanted to post a photo of my buddys bike that he has painted and done some neat work to it. It was a black Deluxe.

wreckerman
01-30-2005, 02:53 PM
wow, I like that, very nostellga that should be a head turner...

CurryBob
02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Well here is an update.

Wife got the new baby home and we have put several hundred miles on it. She LOVES it and looks like a keeper. Still waiting on getting the pipes. Some problem with the mounting brackets. Harley doesn't have the Screaming Eagles II made to fit this bike yet. Dealer looking at changing the bracket to the Duce and putting pipes that fit the Duce on it. Waiting on Harley to say that will work. I hate quite pipes.

Wife loves the way people come around her machine when we go somewhere. She is getting the big head.

Bob

HeadDoc
02-10-2005, 02:55 PM
hey CBoB...there's a Honda in your HArley PLace :P

Those scoots look good.

CurryBob
02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
HeadDoc

Thanks, we like them alot. They next to my daughters car and in front of my motorcycle lift. Thank God for detached garages.

Bob

Cary
02-13-2005, 07:33 PM
The only reason I didn't get the deluxe is because of the passenger seat. Didn't look to comfortable for the wife. She is hesitant about riding anyway, since she crashed her bike. I didn't want to give her an excuse not to ride with me.

Tony
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
The only reason I didn't get the deluxe is because of the passenger seat. Didn't look to comfortable for the wife. She is hesitant about riding anyway, since she crashed her bike. I didn't want to give her an excuse not to ride with me.

Good man!!!! Good man!!!

speedman
02-13-2005, 09:05 PM
This is my wife's 3rd Harley since this past Sept.

Lol! Apparently your affliction is contagious Bob. When does your new bike come in? :P :D

Regards,

SM

CurryBob
02-14-2005, 11:53 AM
speedman

You will be happy to know that I have no "wants" for another bike for me. I love my Heritage and while I look at other bikes and love the way they look, I don't want them instead of mine. :wub: I must now have the ideal bike for me. I also think the wife feels the same way about hers.

I guess it's time to sell off your Harley stock now. groucho

Bob

speedman
02-14-2005, 12:31 PM
You will be happy to know that I have no "wants" for another bike for me.

Lol. I'm going to bookmark this thread, so I can direct you back to your comment above when you buy your next bike, or three. :lol:

Glad to hear you're having fun.

Take care,

SM

CurryBob
02-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Speedman

ROTFLMAO

You got me man!! :lol: Don't have a good come back on that one. :wacko:

Bob

speedman
02-14-2005, 03:40 PM
That's a nice looking bike Bob. Your wife looks good on it. :D

Regards,

SM

CurryBob
02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Speedman

Careful, her head is big enough, but I will pass the nice comments along.

I gotta tell though, she has surprised the hell out of me with her riding abilities. Must be a born rider. To have just started riding late this summer and to now be on a soft tail like she has always had one has just blown me away. :o

Thanks

speedman
02-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Very cool Bob. I can barely get my wife to go for a ride with me, let alone ride a bike by herself.

A friend of mine's girlfriend has the exact same bike as your wife and it's definitely a beauty. The deluxe in that color has a very classic, yet lady like look to it.

I'm getting jealous thinking about you guys riding down there while I stare out the window at freezing rain.

Regards,

SM

CurryBob
02-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Speedman

I guess it's quite cold up there, huh. Guess It would be cruel of me to tell you today's high is going to be 66 and 73 tomorrow. Nhaa I won't be that mean. Whahaha B)

It is great riding together and her Dad who just turned 70 rides with us all the time. He got his bike one week after I got mine. That is him standing behind my wife as we posed with Ruben Studdard at a local Wendy's. The lady to my left works with me and she rides a sporty (my wife's 2nd Harley).

speedman
02-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I guess it's quite cold up there, huh. Guess It would be cruel of me to tell you today's high is going to be 66 and 73 tomorrow. Nhaa I won't be that mean. Whahaha B)

Heh. Actually the temps have been way above average this year. The first half of December temps were in the 50s and 60s. The first half of January temps were in the 40s and 50s. Today it's in the mid 30s, but freezing rain. Unfortunately we've had next to no snow, so no snowmobile riding. And, with salt and sand on the roads until the spring clean up means no bike riding either.

So yes - I'm jealous as all get out that you guys are riding. :D

It is great riding together and her Dad who just turned 70 rides with us all the time. He got his bike one week after I got mine. That is him standing behind my wife as we posed with Ruben Studdard at a local Wendy's. The lady to my left works with me and she rides a sporty (my wife's 2nd Harley).

Very cool. You're a lucky man Bob.

Have a great week!

Regards,

SM

FLSTNI
02-21-2005, 03:33 PM
CBob,

What kind of bags do you have on the back of your bikes and where did you get them?

CurryBob
02-22-2005, 11:39 AM
FLSTNI

Those are SAC Harley bags. they make them to fit your back rest pad and have straps to secure. They are a couple of different sizes. I have sense replaced mine with the leather version. The nylon bags run $100 and the leather $200. They are well made and have lots of storage. The nylon started to look like it was fading so if you can swing it go for the leather.

Bob