View Full Version : MSRP on the west coast?

01-29-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi all...

Stumbled on this site a few days ago and have to give a big thanks to everyone for all the info. I'm looking to upgrade from a '01 duece to a new roadglide to start doing some longer rides. The local stealer in Las Vegas has a monopoly over the valley (owns all 3 dealerships here) and wants 21,800 base price on an '05, that's before all the options they put on, tax, setup, etc. It was over 25 out the door. Needless to say, I walked. I'm willing to travel anywhere out here on the left coast for a better deal , but can't go further since I am saving vacation to ride back to Milwaukee this summer (my hometown!) Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks again!

01-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Man, you're going to have to shop around. Here in SoCal the market is very strong all year round so the demand keeps prices up. I got good deals from San Diego Harley, and I also got quotes close to MSRP from Santa Barbara HD. Both Skip Fordyce in Riverside and Quaid's in Temecula are above MSRP, but they try take the edge off of that by giving you things like discounted accessories, maybe throwing in a helmet or something like that. You've just got to find the best deal you can then go with it and then STOP SHOPPING or you'll make yourself sick. Good luck.

01-29-2005, 06:52 AM

Welcome to the forums :D

Tom pretty much has it, I may add to call every dealer once a week untill you find what you want.

01-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I don't want to ruin your travel plans, but did you ever consider flying to Milwaukee and picking up your bike and riding home. The Milwaukee Harley dealership sponsors a Fly, Buy, and Ride Program.

You book and pay for your own airfare. They pick you up from the airport and drop you off at The Hampton Inn right across the street from the dealership for a complimentary overnight stay. You then go to the dealership, saddle up and pop the clutch on your new dream machine.

Check Out the Website if interested: http://www.milwaukeeharley.com/miscpage_002.asp?sid=06464655X1K29K2005J3I25I26JAM Q1142R0

They also show their pricing and current models in stock at the dealership: http://www.milwaukeeharley.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp?sid=06464655X1K29K2005J3 I25I26JAMQ1142R0

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard.

01-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Very good suggestion from Pirate, and if all else fails let your fingers do the walking. Try calling dealers that way you'll save time and aggrevation.

01-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Barnett's in El Paso, the self-proclaimed largest dealer in the country, also does that Fly and Buy program. You can check them out on the web and check their inventory too.

01-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks for all the tips - I will be taking your advice and burning up the phone lines as well as looking into a trip back to brew city, maybe a little earlier than planned, but it could be really worth it ;)

thanks again,

02-02-2005, 12:44 AM
I bought my new ride at Golden Gate Harley in Novato, California. They sell pretty much at MSRP and didn't add anything else on except what it came with, and that was the security system. I dealt with Mike there and he acted like I was the modst important buyer they had ever had. He picked me up at the bus station, took me to my hotel and picked me up the next morning and took me back to the dealership to get my bike and leave. I didn't expect this type of treatment from a Harley salesperson. I couldn't even get my local dealer to call me back. And it was better riding home 300 miles the first day on my new ride instead of just 45 miles anyway. An '05 Ultra Classic.[/u]

02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
All the dealers here in Orange County are selling at MSRP. The thing you have to watch for is there set up fees. They very from $380 to $650.

02-13-2005, 04:17 AM
I also live in Vegas and didn't want to deal with the HD monopoly here. I ran across Hacienda HD in Scottsdale,AZ over the internet. They had the '05 Heritage that I wanted, and paid for my flight down there. They sell at MSRP plus about a $500 set up fee. I flew down last week-end and rode my new Heritage back. They were great to deal with and I highly recomment them.