PDA

View Full Version : Califonia Roll Call

arthureld
08-23-2004, 03:55 AM
Let's hear from California. I'm from Redondo Beach which is just South of Los Angeles. Here's a link I stole from Wide of Venice Beach. Refresh your browser to get a new pic.
http://www.westland.net/photo/file001.jpg
Here's Hermosa
http://www.hermosawave.net/webcam/newcam_00001.jpg
You have to click here to go to Redondo. http://watchthewater.co.la.ca.us/beach.cfm?bid=31
Actually, that link has cameras all over Los Angeles county, just pick the beach on the left. And use the control above the picture to point the camara.
This is a great place to live

Wide
08-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Cool we got the beaches covered

Thre's one up in Malibu also, just need to find it :D

animal
08-23-2004, 05:04 AM
Well, the town I live in is a small "don't blink your eyes" town, just north of Sacramento. Even if we had public webcams here, they would suck.... Unless you like to watch cows eat and sleep...

wrench95747
08-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Right next to animal, but they kicked all the cows out and put in a Walmart complete with RV's

animal
08-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Right next to animal, but they kicked all the cows out and put in a Walmart complete with RV's
LOL, no I think you guys got a mall over there somewhere too.. :lol:

arthureld
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
One of you guys must have a webcam. I wanna see some cows. :lol:

cleandog
08-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Ya I live in Ca. in a town call Lemoore which is somewhere south of Fresno. We have cows, they live on th dairy were they piss milk all day. The milk is trucked to the cheese plant that I work at. This town called Lemoore used to be small like animels town but now with the Navy base growing and so is the houses going up. The thing I cann't stand around here is the bugs from all the farming in the area, the bugs can completely change the look of your bike.

Coyote
08-23-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm in Lemoore with Cleandog...(we should go for a ride sometime!)

He's got it. Loads of dairy farms and bugs. Good times.

:lol:

wrench95747
08-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Let the cowcam begin!!

cleandog
08-24-2004, 02:43 AM
YA Coyote sound good, I work odd hours and days off rotate. I am working at the new cheese plant in Lemoore off of highway 41. Suppost to be making a run to the midstate rally on the first weekend of Sept, then well go onto the coast for lunch if everyone shows up.

The other night coming back from Laton down 14th ave just after sunset there was so mean bugs out I had to ride with my hand over my face to keep the bugs from covering my face my glasses were almost covered. I think riding by the corn fields are worst for bugs.

Drop me a line on my E-mail or I'll throw a E-mail at you when I get on the other computor if your E-mail address is on your personnel page. Do you ever stop by A&D auto, if so maybe I'll run into there.

Coyote
08-24-2004, 03:20 AM
CleanDoggy- Dude, how do you ride out here w/o a windshield? Or a faceshield? That's lunacy! :D Bugs are a'gonna getcha!

I was planning to go to that Midstate rally. I'll run it by the O/L and see if she wants to go too. I'll meet up with you or go on over with you. Let me know when you plan on going.

Is that cheese factory on the 41 right off of Bush street, near the new West Hills campus? That place smells just like dog food! Maybe it's the whole cheezifying process, but it does man! I guess that you get used to it though, huh?

I DO get out to A&D on occasion. Good folks out there that run the place. I might've seen you there, or around Lemoore. Shit, how many bikes around here? Probably waved to you a few times!

What kind of scoot do ya ride?

Drop me a line, or I'll drop you one when I figure out what my wife wants to do...(You best drop me one and wish me luck! :lol: )

arthureld
08-24-2004, 03:41 AM
You guys are cracking me up with this cows, bugs, cheese that smells like dogfood talk. :blink2: :wacko: :D :lol:

cleandog
08-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Ha Coyote ya it may smell like dog food to you but it smells like cheese and shit to me. Well the bike I ride is a blk 1990 Electra Glide with no fairing, has a old FLH nacelle with 16" ape hangers, thunder header and a sissy bar. Coyote what is your ride and are you living on base or off? I have been trying to get a hold on Mac. he is a chief that rides a fatboy and was station at VFA-125, a big guy. If you know him tell him Wes is trying to get ahold of him lost his phone number. The bugs are not to big of a problem except when they hit your glasses and you cann't see. Just tell your lol that you are going with or without her so then she will proply go if you want her to and if you don't want her to then say your going for a ride and be home tonight.

Coyote
08-25-2004, 12:00 AM
:lol: Cheese and shit! I haven't been that close to it. Must be even worse. I just notice it on the way out to that new theatre in Lemoore and always figured that it was a dog food factory. I've learned something new today! Better go back to sleep beofre I fill my brain up! Do you know a guy out there named Ron? I guess he rides an old Pan...Not sure because I'm getting that info from a guy that works in my shop. I guess his family are friends with him.

Yeah, I live on base. I think that I have met a Mac around here. It's been awhile though. Do you know his last name and where he worked...I'd be glad to call for you. The number to their duty office is 998-3675.

I ride a pretty much stock '04 Road King Classic.

I already told her that I was planning on going. Just trying to figure out if I have room to pack myself to go or I have to load up like the Flinstones! :lol: Plus I would probably wait around for her to get every last squint of her beauty sleep. Then to get ready! ;) I actually like when she goes to these things with me. She's good company. The bike was her idea (Well, that's what I like to say...I talked incessently about it until she finally told me to go buy one! :D )

wreckerman
08-25-2004, 12:10 AM
:wub: got tojump in here and say i love when my wife orders me to get a new bike :wub:

cleandog
08-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Coyota will be running on the 4 Sept will be meeting at Rod's house over by Cathlick church in Lemoore about 0800. You'll need some money and a coat, when we drop over the coast it will get cold but a jacket will be all you should need. I got a hold of Mac and he is going also. Never met Ron on the Pan Head unless it is Ron Scott that works with me at the cheese plant he rides a old Pan about 1963.

You can get ahold of me at my E-mail address on my profile. I will check it Fri or Sat.

Coyote
08-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Cleandog, I dropped you a PM.

Wreckerman...Yeah, I love that about my wife. Always ordering me to do just what I want to do! :D

DannerBoy
08-26-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm from Southern Cauliflowernia...... say it slow. It's a little bit like Arnold's way. It seems like most here are from the central to northern part of the state. Cow country is okay.....but you must wear boots. ;)

Dan

arthureld
08-26-2004, 03:00 AM
All right DannerBoy, welcome to HCG. Stick around and you will meet a great bunch of people. So what part of SoCal are you from?
Arthur Eld

speedman
08-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Just wanted to jump in and welcome DannerBoy to the forums. drunks

wreckerman
08-26-2004, 09:26 PM
welcome dannerboy to the new hgc

cleandog
08-28-2004, 02:32 AM
Coyote sent you a pm with my number if you have any questions.

tradrockrat
08-28-2004, 03:18 AM
couple of us Cali guys are LA based. It sounds like we have enough members spread throughout the state that we could have alternating weekend rides to each others locale. (OK, maybe 3 day weekends!)

Coyote
08-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Trad, that sounds good to me. But why would anyone want to ride through the Central Valley?! :lol:

I'll be in Point Mugu soon. That's just North of Malibu. I grew up in Whittier/Santa Fe Springs area.

Welcome Dannerboy. Where ARE you from in SoCal, anyhow?

animal
08-30-2004, 02:03 AM
There are a lot of good rides up north, especially the redwood forest.

Wide
08-30-2004, 02:10 AM
couple of us Cali guys are LA based. It sounds like we have enough members spread throughout the state that we could have alternating weekend rides to each others locale. (OK, maybe 3 day weekends!)

Man you guys are making me cry, I wish I was on the road.

This is getting to the best part of the season for riden.

arthureld
08-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Man you guys are making me cry, I wish I was on the road.

Hey Wide, I read somewhere that you are getting over a work related accident. I hope you recover real soon. And am looking forward to meeting you.

Coyote, keep us posted about when you'll be out this way. Although I don't have a bike right now, I can rent one again.

Animal, The redwoods sound like a great place to ride. I went through that area about 20 years ago and would like to do it again soon.

tradrockrat
08-30-2004, 04:00 AM
Cotote - I love that area (point Mugu), and tend to be there on weekends, if I can get away for the whole day.

Wide -- don't cry, man! Just get better and we'll all ride the canyons.

animal
08-30-2004, 05:10 AM
How many of you guys made Hollister this year? if so Where did you stay?

Coyote
09-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Arthereld-I'm thinking that you're bound to have a bike by the time I get out there (December is the official date) I'm down for that though. Lots of SoCal riders around.

Animal-I made Hollister this year. I just rode up for the Saturday though.

Trad-we'll have to all hook up and go for a few rides. Nice stretch of land out that way.

Wide-Get better soon. We'll be riding sometime soon, huh? Looking forward to meeting you.

cleandog
09-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Coyote sent you a pm on going Sat. Also animal I was suppost to go had the time off scheduled and everything and my buddy was off when the schedule at work got screwed up so I end up working through the weekend. All you exspect is some one to do their job right so others don't have to suffer.

animal
09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Coyote sent you a pm on going Sat. Also animal I was suppost to go had the time off scheduled and everything and my buddy was off when the schedule at work got screwed up so I end up working through the weekend. All you exspect is some one to do their job right so others don't have to suffer.
There's still plenty of nice weather left for another weekend. that's actually the only reason I'm still in California.