PDA

View Full Version : Bike wear

98fxstc
01-30-2005, 01:43 AM
I believe this is safety related so.....I'm shopping for a new jacket, gloves etc.. It's hot & humid here and leather gets steamy... What's your take on something protective and comfortable?

Tony
01-30-2005, 01:51 AM
Im very curious to see the responses to your inquiry.

I bought a lightweight Arlen Ness mesh jacket last year. Comes with lightweight armor, and is nice and comfortable, and in the heat, its nice and cool. Much better than a leather and sweat!

There are many lightweight mesh designs out there that will keep you safe and cool at the same time.

Drebbin
01-30-2005, 02:01 AM
I believe this is safety related so.....I'm shopping for a new jacket, gloves etc.. It's hot & humid here and leather gets steamy... What's your take on something protective and comfortable?

Up here in northern VAwe get REAL humid & hot days. I am VERY happy with my VANSON PERF jacket. It is perforated leather that I have worn on 100+ days. Fantastic. Ck out vansonleathers.com

TomF
01-30-2005, 06:50 AM
I wear my leather jacket all the time even in the summer where it gets up as high as 110 here because I consider my jacket one of my primary safety itmes. I just open the zippers and let the air flow in. Perforated leather would be good, and so would zippered ventilation. If you go with a nylon perforated jacket, just understand that you're getting virtually no skid/crash protetction.

POL_Boss
01-30-2005, 10:50 PM
I've worn both my leather ventilated and one of those Joe Rocket mesh jobs with the armor. To tell you the truth, I don't see enough temp difference to warrant the $100 expense.