PDA

View Full Version : Rider Comfort

zimmy1945
07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Since I love long rides my seat has to be comfortable. The stock seats just don't work for me on my 09 Ultra like they did on my 2000 model. I put on a Zeppilin air adjustable seat and it's great but now I have to find a backrest that works and the stock models are too hard. I need a custom made backrest made that won't require changing the mounting mechanism or the current one modified. Anyone know where I can find something?

GzrGldGeo
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I can't help you, but you gotta quit posting so much. I think there is a limit per day or something.

12 post since 2004? Are you (snail) mailing these into Wide?

I bet you win the slow races at the rallies don't you?

Just kidding with you and will be interested to see what responses you get. I too have an Ultra and have had thoughts of a gel pad or something recently. I will have to look at your air seat deal too.

JD
07-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Only thing remotely like what you are looking for is the adjustable rider backrest. I got one of the HD seats from the catalog with the adjustable backrest (the type with the little hydraulic adjuster) and it solved all of my back issues (combined with a wool gel pad seat cover).

Tomgfxsti
07-15-2010, 04:26 PM
I have an '07 Ultra with the adjustable rider backrest and when I had my seat recovered this year I had gell packs inserted for the front and passenger seats. Cost with the recovering in good leather was $ 250.00 from a local upholsterer. The gel packs are a whole lot more comfortable than the stock Harley seat. My wife loves the gel pack in the rear seat.

Tomgfxsti
07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry sent before I finished.
Maybe you could have the gell packs inserted in the standard backrest and recovered?

OldBikerGuy
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
An Ultra's not comfortable enough? I'd suggest going to the La-Z-Boy store and getting a recliner.

Wide
07-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Sometimes you just need to get the lumbar set a little higher for comfort.

The lazy oy deal sound good to me along with a beer cooler:bash:

Tomgfxsti
07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
That's what the saddle bags and tour pack are for.

Wide
07-15-2010, 08:24 PM
That's what the saddle bags and tour pack are for.

Too much work I need handlebar mount or an IV

zimmy1945
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
I can't help you, but you gotta quit posting so much. I think there is a limit per day or something.

12 post since 2004? Are you (snail) mailing these into Wide?

I bet you win the slow races at the rallies don't you?

Just kidding with you and will be interested to see what responses you get. I too have an Ultra and have had thoughts of a gel pad or something recently. I will have to look at your air seat deal too.

Thanks.....lost my way for a few years but I'm back now. Hard to remember things at my age.

zimmy1945
07-15-2010, 09:15 PM
One problem is that it presses on my lower back. If the backrest was soft or higher it would be better. Gel might work. Thanks

As far as the Zeppilin seat is concerned, my wife likes the rear seat much better than the stock seat. We just came back from a 2800 mile ride without any seat issues. Being able to adjust the pressure on your butt really makes a difference.....but a little expensive.