PDA

View Full Version : Stuff for a 97 FLHT

Stoney
01-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Everybody chromes the shit outta thier scoots & as far as I'm concerned thats a waste! Chrome dont git ya home! Anyways I'm lookin fer a bunch of blacked out parts. Derby cover,ignition cover,inspection cover,fender rails,luggage rack,exhaust system etc... if any'all got any black parts ya dont want let me know! :unsure:

Old_Evo
01-31-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm with you on the chrome stuff, My rocker covers, outer primary, cam cover, tranny cover, and oil tank just got back from the powdercoater, all black. I priced buying this stuff new vs. stripping and powercoating much cheaper powdercoating.

xxxflhrci
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I put together an '03 EG Standard with powdercoated covers a a couple of years ago. The covers were sent off and coated. Fork sliders, fork upper tins, primary, tranny top, tranny end, rocker boxes, and tappet blocks were all done. It only cost 350 bucks to have 'em done. They turned out glossy and slick.

tradrockrat
01-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Hell yeah guys!

Black is the new black!

Did these myself, and am thinking about the fork legs and outer primary

Stoney
02-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Well its nice to know I aint the only one out there that cares more about riding there bike than cleaning it. Cleaning my bike is NEVER a priority! Ride 'em till the wheels fall off,fix em & keep goin. Only time she got washed last season was when it rained! B)

tradrockrat
02-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Well its nice to know I aint the only one out there that cares more about riding there bike than cleaning it. Cleaning my bike is NEVER a priority! Ride 'em till the wheels fall off,fix em & keep goin. Only time she got washed last season was when it rained! B)

LMAO!

My riding partners are always yelling at me to wash my bike. I just tell 'em it's black under the dirt too!