PDA

View Full Version : Saxon Information

Tomgfxsti
01-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Just bought an '07 Griffin at a great price. Bike has some issues though. I've already lost the key for it and it has no manual, maintenance information or such. Saxon's website has not responded to my inquiries yet, and from what I read on other sites is true, they are extremely slow to respond. If anybody has any information regarding a source for manuals, wiring diagrams etc. I would appreciate any help.

Wild1Poet2
01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Got any pics?

Tomgfxsti
01-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Not yet, it's 12 degrees out in the shop. I get some and post them in a few days.

Wild1Poet2
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Not yet, it's 12 degrees out in the shop. I get some and post them in a few days.

12 degrees! I think that is heading our way.

junior
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
basically what you have is an evo 5-speed rigid. i don't know nything about the brand, but the platform is one that nearly every custom bike maker uses.

for most of your mechanicals, a '98-up softal manual should provide the basic tech/maintenance info for 90% of the bike. wiring will be basic and will follow the stock bikes even if the colors don't match (they probably used a pro-1 or other aftermarket).

j

Tomgfxsti
01-25-2011, 12:57 PM
It's definitely a soft tail with a six speed transmission. I am assuming the S&S motor is a 96 inch EVO and the air cleaner says Super "E" on it.. Unfortunately I have already lost the key and can't start it right now untill I get a new ignition switch. I'll see if I can get part or serial numbers from the transmission and the motor tonight when I go home. If I find my wife's camera I'll post some pics.

junior
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
go to the s&s website- they have a lot of downloadable manuals. essentially the mechanics are identical to a moco 80 inch evo though. the trans might be rev tech. normal service (seals, bearings, etc.) is also the same as a moco unit. same for the primary and most of the chassis.

go to the custom chrome website and look at the different styles of ignition switches- count the sires on the back of yours and i am sure you will match something up.

j

Tomgfxsti
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks I greatly appreciate any help.

Tomgfxsti
01-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Finally felt good enough to take some foto;s and look at the bike. Been under the weather for a while. Pretty filthy from the 500 miles on the trailer. The trans has no numbers that I can see to identify it with; all it has is a circle with a number six in it with the word SPEED next to it. If anybody can identify it by the pictures I'd appreciate it.

Tomgfxsti
01-30-2011, 07:23 PM
I'll try to attach them again.

Tomgfxsti
01-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Here's some more pics.