PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox Question

Growlpipe
02-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey Wide, or anyone else who might know.

Can you tell me the difference between, Mozilla 0.9.1 and Mozilla 1.0?
I seem to have both of them installed on my laptop at home, I'd like to get ride of the one I don't need. I don't know how I got both of them. I use Mozilla from home. I don't have a choice at work, I have to use IE.

I did the "get more speed out of it". Do you think that one of them is the "faster" version?

Thanks.

Wide
02-02-2005, 07:38 PM
The newer one has better coding in a few areas, I still run a very old version that I update the code by hand, yeah I'm a geek :lol:

Always go with the newer one ;)

Growlpipe
02-02-2005, 07:40 PM
How do I know which is the fastest?

Wide
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
How do I know which is the fastest?

:lol: :lol:

Load a page & use a stop watch, there shouldnt be that much a difference between the two if the mods are applied :D

anarchy
02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
version 1.0 is the official release version - anything before that was pre-release and subject to change during development. if you're looking to keep only one, like wide said, keep version 1.0...

Growlpipe
02-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Got ya!! Thanks guys...........

I'm glad you think it's funny!!!! :D :D

Wide
02-02-2005, 08:27 PM

This whole internot thing is funny :o :lol: :P

Growlpipe
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM

This whole internot thing is funny :o :lol: :P

It is, isn't it.............................makes me feel stupid.

Fatb0y
03-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Under windows, when you install a newer version of firefox in the Add/ Remove programs it will show two listings. The only problem is that there really isn't two installed anymore. The new version overwrites the .exe in the C:|Program Files\where you installed it.

If you try to remove the older version you are simply running the uninstall on the later version. If you don't want the older version showing up then run uninstall before using install. This will insure you have removed the old from your pc before reinstalling the new. Be sure to back up your bookmarks for safe keeping incase they get wiped out. In most cases and uninstall doesnt remove personal preferences like bookmarks, but it is better to be safe than sorry.