PDA

View Full Version : Lead with gratitude

wildthing
08-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Make gratitude your first response and it will soon become an empowering perspective from which you can achieve great things. Rather than looking for something to criticize, look for things to genuinely praise. Make the most positive qualities the first things you notice in people, in your surroundings, and in the situations which come along.

There are positive sides and negative sides to everything. The negative aspects will have little trouble asserting themselves. They need no help from you. Donít overlook them, but donít give your energy to them either.

Put your focus on finding a reason for gratitude. Itís there, no matter what. From that you can build and grow, move ahead and prosper. Make it a habit on a moment by moment basis. Ingrain it in your very being. Let it become second nature to you to seek the positive and you will indeed find it. Itís an approach which will bring delightful substance to your relationships and powerful effectiveness to your pursuits.

Lead with gratitude and youíll truly be even more grateful for the richness of living which most certainly will follow.

ó Ralph Marston

Wild1Poet2
08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I always count my blessings. Each hardship is a challenge. And each challenge is an opportunity. Like my surgery last week. It turned out to be an opportunity to get another cool scar. A 4 inch frown shaped one just above my navel.

smile2005
09-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I love this WT! Thank you for sharing! I do this probably 99% of the time. I have my down days where I feel sorry for myself but I think we all have those days. Yesterday morning was a gratitude blessed day in fact. I went out for my morning walk before work & it was dark. It sucks that it's already so dark at that time in the morning where before I could go out at that same time in the morning & it was light. So, here I head out for my walk, it's dark, no birds are singing, crickets are chirping though, I see the beautiful Full Moon shaded by the trees & I smile, so I head my walk toward the Moon so I can enjoy looking at it, I get part way through my walk & now it's starting to get lighter out, the birds are waking up & starting to sing, & I return home to a beautiful Sunrise. What a great way to start my day! Thank you God! :)
You made me smile Wild1 with your comment about your scar. That's how I feel about my cancer scar. I have to look at that scar every single day. 2008 sucked for me but it made me a stronger person & my cancer scar is a reminder of that every single day.
Have a blessed day everyone! xo