PDA

View Full Version : lost in canada

thunderchicken
11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi all, I'm new and did post an intro, but not sure if it went to where it should have? lol. Hi again, names John. was just wondering if anyone would know why my bike would jump to 3500 rpm's everytime I start it? I have an 01 cvo screamineagle roadglide, this is my first fuel injected and I'm tryin small things like battery and power commander but not seeing any fix with those any ideas? thanx:wohow:

arthureld
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
I'd try disconnecting the power commander to make sure it isn't the problem

I think you just disconnect it from both ends and bypass it.

If that isn't the problem then connect it back up.

Your bike might not run correctly without the power commander so you shouldn't assume it's ok to run without it for a long time

thunderchicken
12-01-2012, 12:48 AM
I will give it a shot thank you.

wreckerman
12-01-2012, 12:41 PM
try removing the air cleaner, then take some carb cleaner and while holding open the butterfly

spray down the intake manifold there are sensors in there, that can get blow buy oil on them and give false readings

had this issue on a friends bike , bike would run OK at times , then all of a sudden would not ideal down,

also while you are in there check THE STOP SCREW MIGHT BE HOLDING THE BUTTERFLY OPEN

thunderchicken
12-02-2012, 04:27 AM
thanks for all the info. I sprayed down the intake, butterflies and anything else I could get at it did bring the idle down to about 2000 rpm's then low and behold I looked at the other side of the bike and my powercomander was sittin on my exaust meltin! what a bone head move! so I disconected it and pluged the bike in without it, it seems to run around 1000 to 1100 at idle. took it for a spin and it seems to run ok now. I can feel the difference in pull when I get on it so I guess I'm shoppin for a new commander now. I'll let you all know if it jumps back up in idle again. thnks again.