PDA

View Full Version : Rex Wrecker Rose

Mungo
04-16-2014, 12:57 AM
I just learned that Wrecker was involved in a pretty bad head on collision with a car that crossed the center line.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/4/14/274231/5-People-Injured-In-Accident-Involving.aspx

I don't know much. If I do I'll post back more.

All around good guy. Please keep him in your prayers.

Stay safe guys, no one's watching our for us.

arthureld
04-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Thanks Mungo. That really sucks.
Prayers on the way to Rex and the others

JD
04-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Oh no. Uugh this is terrible news.

Wild1Poet2
04-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Bad news. Thanks for updating us Mungo. Hope he ain't hurt too bad.

JD
04-16-2014, 01:56 AM
I hope for the best, but anytime they lift you out of a crash scene in a helicopter it is serious.

Anytime I hear about this kind of stuff I get a little sick to my stomach.

Rhino
04-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Fuck i hope he is OK. Prayers coming his way...

Blackcloud41
04-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Prayers for Wrecker. I haven't been on here for a long time and haven't had contact with Wrecker for a few years. I just learned this morning about the accident.
Does anyone have regular commo with him? I sure hope and pray he's alright.

GzrGldGeo
04-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey the old gang is still here. I need to come back for better reasons than this.

Here is the latest on Rex from his son on facebook.

Dad is schedule for surgery on right arm at 11am if on time .still in lots pain .still aware and talking .nice to have him in regular room were i can stay with him .prayer needed for a safe and good surgery today.

wvfox
04-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Prayers. Keep us posted.

RacingOrangeRoadster
04-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Sorry to hear about Wrecker. Saying a Prayer for fast healing.

arthureld
04-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the update George.

It is no fun wondering

Sounds like he's going to live.

Wild1Poet2
04-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I actually take this as good news. When I hear about head on collisions I worry about head and neck injuries. Thanks for the update GGG. Hope the surgery goes well and they get him outta pain. They can do amazing things now. Hope the other injured folks he was with are going to do well also.

Robby
04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
My prayers for Rex and others injured in the accident. When I hear about another longtime rider being taken down by another careless driver it makes me wonder if I do and see all the things that I should while riding.

Wide
04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh shit I hate to here this

We need to get to him

Wide
04-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Hey the old gang is still here. I need to come back for better reasons than this.

Here is the latest on Rex from his son on facebook.

Dad is schedule for surgery on right arm at 11am if on time .still in lots pain .still aware and talking .nice to have him in regular room were i can stay with him .prayer needed for a safe and good surgery today.

How can we find him on Facebook?

PM me details if you cant post them

GzrGldGeo
04-16-2014, 03:48 PM
How can we find him on Facebook?

PM me details if you cant post them

Here's his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rex.w.rose?fref=ts

Wide
04-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Thank you !!!

coolhawg6622
04-16-2014, 04:20 PM
:surprise: Well this sucks!! :BangHead: Prayers coming!!

Well this is a wake up call.......I have rode with Rex more than once, and this man can ride and handle a bike! Please try to be safe everyone.....

Wide
04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
:surprise: Well this sucks!! :BangHead: Prayers coming!!

Well this is a wake up call.......I have rode with Rex more than once, and this man can ride and handle a bike! Please try to be safe everyone.....

Yes he sure can handle a bike, must have came out of nowhere and I'm sure he minimized the damage

Wake up for sure.

firestarter
04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm glad to hear he wasn't hurt any worse. I read about the crash on FB and have been praying for him.

Nitram_b4
04-16-2014, 09:36 PM
hope you heal fast, this sucks

Wide
04-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Soon as he feels better he's fair game for us

:)

Blackcloud41
04-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Yes he sure can handle a bike, must have came out of nowhere and I'm sure he minimized the damage

Wake up for sure.

Yep. As I recall, he's very competent. Knows how to maneuver a bike.

Cary
04-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Can we get an address so we can send a card at least?

arthureld
04-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Cary, you could try calling Erlanger Medical Center in Bradley County Tennessee

Blackcloud41
04-17-2014, 11:28 AM
I called last night. Spoke to a relative. Said he was in a lot of pain. Broken arm, wrist, leg, and ankle. Surgery on arm went well.

arthureld
04-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks Blackcloud41

If he's in that much pain he's probably sleeping a lot from morphine.

At least I would be

wvfox
04-17-2014, 11:45 AM
It's a good sign of he only needs one surgery. Cars over the centerline scare me as much as the left turners.

Wide
04-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Been thinking about him all day

Crashes bring back too many memories. Getting all those breaks at one time really sucks. Hope he hangs in there and listens to the dr's

Anyone have his address where we can get cards to him, home or hospital

GzrGldGeo
04-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Ok here is where Wrecker is finally.

He seems to be done with surgery for now anyway.

Erlanger Hospital
975 E. 3rd St.
Chattanooga, Tn 37402
Room # 11
423-778-7000

I don't think he is taking calls yet.

Wide
04-17-2014, 04:35 PM
great thank you !!!!

OldBikerGuy
04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for posting, Lee. Sounds a lot better than it could've been given a head-on collision. My son is looking to get his first bike and it scares the shit outa me what with all the phone-phucking POS's driving cages these days.

buckanddot
04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Ok here is where Wrecker is finally.

He seems to be done with surgery for now anyway.

Erlanger Hospital
975 E. 3rd St.
Chattanooga, Tn 37402
Room # 11
423-778-7000

I don't think he is taking calls yet.

Thanks for the info and the update George. Read about it originally from Red on Facebook. Survived a head on crash myself last November when a kid crossed the centerline, but that was in a cage. Wouldn't want to do it on a bike. Any news on his wife/GF?

boulderbean
04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Good luck Rex.

Wild1Poet2
04-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Any updates on Wrecker post surgery? Hope all is well.

gliderider94
04-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Our prayers here go out to Rex as well as all the folks injured in that crash. Those of you who know Rex will attest, there is no nicer guy on earth. He's one of the originals here and a friend and brother to us all.

God Speed Rex, and may all go well from here.

wvfox
04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Hope you are doing OK, Rex.

Wide
04-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Yes wish we could get an update on him

Wild1Poet2
04-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Good to hear he is up and about. Hope the others are doing better too.

smile2005
04-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Oh my gosh, just read this now.......hugs, thoughts, prayers & positive energy being sent. Is Rex still in the hospital? Thank you for all the updates everyone.

wreckerman
04-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Please put the shovels away. Not. Dead yet spelling and wwriteing is bad fo a while but I am doing my best on this little nook.
As of today my girl friend loss most of her left leg but is doing out standing in rehab.

As for my buddy broken collarbone and 4 broken ribs

As for me too many bones to list left leg crushed and broken right forarm and wrist most surely one more surgery on left leg
Over 500 stiches will no more this thrsday when they re x ray

As for what happen no drinks or drugs envolved all wearing helmets speed under 45miles per hour

Was laying out a poker run 3 bikes all american legion riders was on the last leg of it had just had turned on to frontage road
A good twisty road had gone into a few curves had shifted to secound gear anb as I rounded around a curve there was a car fully in my lane not even enough time to apply breakes smack and smack the lady hit both bikes head on center this is the best that I can remember the lady had been driving while trying to fasten her kid into the chiald seatin the back seat and her attion to that lead to her being in our lane

Wild1Poet2
04-28-2014, 11:07 AM
That sounds scary. It coulda been worse. Glad you're all still alive and there were no head or neck injuries. Its going to take some time to heal up and deal with the effects. Everyone here has been thinking about you every day.

arthureld
04-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Shit Rex that is worse than I hoped

Someone else's very stupid mistake caused a major setback in your life

I'm terribly sorry about your girlfriend too

My prayers are for you and your lady to get back on with your lives as quick and comfortably as possible

Thanks for the detailed update. Everyone has been trying to piece together what happened

smile2005
04-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Oh my gosh, Rex, this is horrible......keeping you & your girlfriend in my thoughts & prayers, along with your other friend. I sent you a private message on Facebook, but because we're not friends on Facebook, you may not have gotten my message.....Hugs to you my friend & hoping for gentle healing for all of you.....thank you for your update. Take care...

Wide
04-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Shit Rex

I just hate to here shit like this but so glad you here to post

were going to change your name to Nook LOL

Anything we can do you have my cell

coolhawg6622
04-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Buckling her kid in the back seat!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? Get a citation?

This shit is what irritates the livin fuck outta me!!!:mad::BangHead::BangHead:

I hope the fuck she was insured and an attorney has been contacted.....I know it wont get her leg back and take care of pain and suffering but god dammit she needs to know she fucked up......everyone, especially "young" people are in a god damn hurry or worried about that fucken cell phone.......

Ok off my rant.......Heal quick Rex.....need anything just holler!!!

OldBikerGuy
04-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Yeah, when pieces of shit are taking left curves in the mountains they often dive inside the line (who hasn't done that?) to speed things up. But if you're on a bike making a right at the same time you're fucked. I've felt the rear-view mirror of a pickup truck and rear fender of some shit car brush against me. Like Coolhawg, I really get irritated at these assholes. I watch for it around every blind right in the mountains and that's all you can do.

My best wishes to Rex, his lady friend, all others injured in this act of stupidity and disregard.

arthureld
04-28-2014, 08:08 PM
The suicidal driver deserved to get flattened by an 18 wheeler.
Her children should be taken away

Mungo
04-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Wow - I can't remember the last time I read a post and was so glad to read it.

If there's anything I can do for you Rex, let me know. It's so good to see you write out here.

Sorry I didn't have any better updates than what was posted.

wvfox
04-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Sorry for all that has happened, but glad your around enough to communicate. WV is full of curvy roads and they are fun to ride, especially if you want to "get into" the curves a bit. But I'm terrified of someone being in my lane in a curve. You can watch for the lane changers on interstates and the left turners, but over the line leaves you no options. Good luck to all of you on your rehab.

JD
04-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Get a good attorney.

Wide
04-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Get a good attorney.

Get a few of them

Wild1Poet2
04-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Yes, not sure if TN is a no fault state but line up an attorney. There's no immediate rush. You want to wait until you feel up to it. But sooner is better. Attorneys will often wait awhile to a file a claim anyway when there is personal injury to make sure all the injuries and costs have made themselves known. It can sometimes take a long time to find out all the things that went wrong or didn't heal. The other driver's insurance company will have to step up to the claim. If the claim amount exceeds her insurance limits then she could be on the hook for the excess and her property would be at risk. Hopefully she is insured. You will have a claim for both property damage and personal injury. Personal injury will include both physical and psychological injuries.

A friend of mine was up in Laconia one spring when an uninsured junkie DUI smashed into him and his wife. He was just sitting on his Ultra at a red light when it happened. He filed a claim but she had no insurance and no assets. Nada.

Wrecker, hope you all are getting good medical care and they're keeping you as comfortable as possible under the circumstances.

Blackcloud41
04-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Glad to see your post Rex. Shorty says "Hi". If you need anything, let me know. I'm only down the road a couple hours. I left my email address with a male family member who answered your room phone.

JD
04-30-2014, 12:56 AM
There is clear fault if the driver stated she was messing with a baby seat (in the back seat). I would ask for the cell phone record which is more likely the distraction. First go after the insurance company than take her personally to the cleaners. Sure it will never undo the damage she caused but why not see that she suffers her fair share. JMHO.

Rhino
04-30-2014, 06:15 AM
So relived to see you posting Rex. I will keep you and your girlfriend in my prayers.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. You're too good of a guy.

gliderider94
05-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Yes, not sure if TN is a no fault state but line up an attorney. There's no immediate rush. You want to wait until you feel up to it. But sooner is better. Attorneys will often wait awhile to a file a claim anyway when there is personal injury to make sure all the injuries and costs have made themselves known. It can sometimes take a long time to find out all the things that went wrong or didn't heal. The other driver's insurance company will have to step up to the claim. If the claim amount exceeds her insurance limits then she could be on the hook for the excess and her property would be at risk. Hopefully she is insured. You will have a claim for both property damage and personal injury. Personal injury will include both physical and psychological injuries.

A friend of mine was up in Laconia one spring when an uninsured junkie DUI smashed into him and his wife. He was just sitting on his Ultra at a red light when it happened. He filed a claim but she had no insurance and no assets. Nada.

Wrecker, hope you all are getting good medical care and they're keeping you as comfortable as possible under the circumstances.

Heal first - sue later. just remember, most states have a statute of limitations on this type of accident claim. Michigan is five years. I can no longer go after the college student who maimed me and killed my friend, even though now she has shit to go after. She was uninsured and I didn't get a nickel.

buckanddot
05-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I'll guarantee you will be given plenty of opportunities to sue. Last November I had a kid in a Mustang cross the centerline and hit me head on @ 60mph while driving in my truck. Thanks to the technology of airbags, seatbelts, and modern vehicle construction, I walked away. The minute the accident report hit county records I experienced an avalanche of phone calls and mailings from probably 20 different attorneys wanting to take on my case because their records showed I was not at fault and regardless of what I claimed....I must be hurt somehow. If not physically, surely emotionally and I deserved the right to be paid for it. One even argued with me on the phone and called me stupid for not going after the kid. Now that I look back, they were probably right and even after their 40%, I probably woulda at least got a new bike outta it on top of a new truck.

Rex....while I'm still shocked about the accident and the amount of injuries you and yours suffered, thank God you folks are still alive. We will continue to think about you and your recovery.

coolhawg6622
05-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Shorty says "Hi".

Tell the dingbat to come in and say hi!! and tell her I said so!!

Rex is on the mend or he wouldnt post........I hope the queen is omn the mend as well.....she has to be a tuff to know Rex....Get healed up and I might taker a ride down to mow all that grass!!:notworthy::occasion14:

wreckerman
05-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Thank you. One and all still in rehab girlfriend is home and after I see doctor today
Mighht be headed home the long road ahead of us will be hard but with friends like
You guys life easyer thank you all

smile2005
05-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Is there anything we can do for you Rex?
Continuing to keep you & your girlfriend in my thoughts & prayers & sending positive energy for gentle healing.....Hugs.

wreckerman
05-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Thank you but at this time prayers for healing is all I need and maybe keeping my head stright enough
Not to kill the peace of stitch that did this to me

Relic
05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Thank you but at this time prayers for healing is all I need and maybe keeping my head stright enough

If you need help with that let us know as well.

Wide
05-06-2014, 03:17 PM

anger is part of healing, you have to get past that part so you can get better and move on with your life. You dont want to stay angry forever, Thats just gives you hemmoroids

wreckerman
05-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Good point wide but I also like a pound of flesh I will work it out but I do think at some point I am going to need
Some head doctor time to work a few things out jan is still on my mind and then this I am clouse to my limit

Wide
05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
We can only take so much before were full

Talking to someone really helps sort and make sense of things. At our age the mind really plays tricks on us and not for the good.

arthureld
05-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Hey Rex I know you are in for a long hard journey to get your life back together

And I am pretty sure you wouldn't say it on here if you were really going to kill that piece of shit that fucked you up

She is probably so stupid that she doesn't realize she is lucky not to be the one who got hurt

I hope you find a lawyer who will give you every bit of money she has including her house and everything of value she owns

What she took from you can't be replaced but I hope she has good insurance. I keep a million dollar policy just in case I am in any way responsible for hurting someone

I'm not one to seek counseling and that is probably why I am so messed up. :oops: If you think therapy will help I assume you won't have to pay for it.

Let us/me know if you need anything

Wide
05-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm not one to seek counseling and that is probably why I am so messed up. :oops: If you think therapy will help I assume you won't have to pay for it.

Let us/me know if you need anything

LOL tell me about it, helped me
Before that brain would just spin in circles making no progress but that may be the ADD also

Wide
05-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Anyone here from Rex lately?
He must be sore as a MF by now after shits settling in. This is the hard part

Wide
05-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Did chat with him
He's healing, lots of pain but thats a good thing the nerves are working as should

wreckerman
05-17-2014, 12:03 PM
rSorry folks that I have been MIA lots going on, and starting to deal with stuff, first had to get a ramp built
Then hand fails in bathroom all done, then get caught up on paper work and bills, now I just figured out that I have not had any pain meds! And have to get all my therapist and nurses to not all come on the same day, it just wears me out to much I just have to be patience it will be at least five months before I can put weight on my foot.. but on the good side I have not smoked in six weeks and do not plan to start again..thank you all again for your concern it does mean a lot.

wvfox
05-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Take care of yourself and don't get impatient. Surely, most of it will come back. Sounds like a lot of therapy after you heal. Just stay after it. It'll be hard, but you'll be glad you did.

smile2005
05-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Rex, I am continuing with thoughts, prayers and positive energy for you and your girlfriend. Hugs Hun.

arthureld
05-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Good luck with not smoking Rex. You and your lady are in my prayers too

Wide
05-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Smoking is over rated unless your Mrs Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYji3a_pPSk&noredirect=1

wreckerman
05-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Well 45 days no smokes no ilgal drugs could sail through a drug test with no problems and I think I am going to stay this way:kermit:

Wide
05-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Well 45 days no smokes no ilgal drugs could sail through a drug test with no problems and I think I am going to stay this way:kermit:

It's not at all

Dont know how it happened we stopped everything including booze and are into a healthier lifestyle, I tell you I feel like i'm in my 20's again I was feeling my age for a while

wreckerman
05-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Not sure but think I will still. Put down a few beers, as for feeling better have not seen any of that yet but I will give it some time:alcoholic:

Wide
05-20-2014, 12:16 AM
I lie Rex, we do have a margarita when we hit the mexican sports bar but really just maybe once a month
I get a damn hangover half way through the drink

Have pounds of week here I grow it and give it away to patiants that cant afford it:bash:

arthureld
05-20-2014, 07:31 AM
It's funny how little I drink these days. My tolerance is so low I can't handle more than a couple with out feeling bad the next day

I quit cigs and hard drugs long ago. Still puff weed like a train tho

I crack up how cig smokers have to huddle up outside away from everyone now. They look like they are up to no good. lol

Wild1Poet2
05-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Sounds like an old age nursing home in here. :laughing6:
Wrecker and Wide must be on the mend if they're comparing old bad habits. I like Gunslinger's description of smokers. But on nice sunny warm days I think about taking up smoking so I can go stand outside with them. Especially when the hot chick is out there.

wreckerman
05-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Ok I feel better did not really want tp quit a few beers per WEEK
Gives me something to look forward to

Wide
05-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Were both old and beat up from years of the good life or was it the good life

It was fun but think I am having more fun now:Super14:

arthureld
05-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Life is good

Mungo
07-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Wait a minute, Rex and Wide have put aside the good life?

Man the things you miss...

wreckerman
07-08-2014, 03:02 PM
not sure about wide , but I will be back to the good life even if it kills me!!

Wide
07-10-2014, 02:39 AM
Wait a minute, Rex and Wide have put aside the good life?

Man the things you miss...

Hey I am 55, did it all and then some and I dont need any meds yet
Just trying to keep it that way

Angel? hehehehe :badair:

wvfox
07-10-2014, 11:56 AM
The cigarette smoking has come full circle. When we were in high school, we smokers had a small section of sidewalk down on the end of the school. We would huddle up all together in the rain and cold, hoping to get out of HS so we could smoke anywhere. Now adults do the same thing, but there is no hope of better conditions.

gliderider94
07-16-2014, 06:28 PM
not sure about wide , but I will be back to the good life even if it kills me!!

After my wreck it took me nearly eight years to get back to being who [I]I[/u] wanted to be. I was told by EVERYBODY that I could no longer be the person I'd been for 40 some years. I tried, but it didn't take. Life is not what it used to be but now that I'm riding again I look forward to most days. I still have days on a pretty regular basis. A lot of pain, but no longer depressed like I was. It makes enjoying the good days even better. I'm as close as I can get to my old life and I am having LOTS of fun.

Wild1Poet2
07-22-2014, 10:50 PM
this thread is well over 3,000 views

Good to hear Rex is well along with the mending. Bear seems to be back to his ole self and its good to hear he's back in the wind. Even though we all know these guys are tough as a keg of nails, they show us how to keep on trucking when life tries to kick us to the curb. And there's many others on this site. Like Robby and Smile who faced down dark challenges and fought back into the light. Victory over darkness. I know I'm humbled by it all. I know how hard it is to get back up on your feet after life gives you a good kick. I just want you all to know you set a good example for anyone to learn from.

OldBikerGuy
07-24-2014, 05:01 PM
I was told by EVERYBODY that I could no longer be the person I'd been for 40 some years. I tried, but it didn't take ... I'm as close as I can get to my old life and I am having LOTS of fun.

We can't help being changed by major events in our lives, but we can choose to be defined not by the event but by how we dealt with it. Bear is a perfect example of that and a role model for anyone facing huge obstacles. I wish the same for Wreckerman and have no doubt he'll get there, if not there already.

wreckerman
07-24-2014, 05:13 PM
thanks obg just got back from the doctor , said bones have healed nicely! but the swollen foot is other issue
along with that united health care is cutting out most of the doctors in are area, so getting a place to treat me is getting tough
doctor said with good therapy i might get back to 80% but finding a place is other story!! and they are still talking about lobbing the big toe off

smile2005
08-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Continuing to keep you and your lady in my thoughts and prayers Rex......Hugs to you.

gliderider94
08-13-2014, 03:05 AM
Hope all goes well Rex. Kick therapy's ass. As far as the 80% thing, 80% of me is 100% more then most folks are ready to deal with.

wreckerman
08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
thank you GR, for the encouragement there are mornings like today that I am thankful because

I've sure gotten old!
I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement,
new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
I'm half blind,
can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine,
take 40 different medications that
make me dizzy, winded, and subject to
blackouts.
Have bouts with dementia.
Have poor circulation;
hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
Can't remember if I'm 61 or 62.
Have lost all my friends. But, thank God,
I still have my driver's license.

:D

Wide
08-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Hey Rex

your still kicking so plane and simple
You Won !!!!

I refuse to let anything stop me, may slow down a bit and get frustrated like hell but it makes me try harder

Wild1Poet2
02-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Rex, how you doing. If I recall you graduated from therapy.

Wide
02-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Hope he is not getting hit with that storm

Wild1Poet2
02-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Did TN get hit with that snow too? I'm not sure they have enough road equipment to deal with it.

Wide
02-16-2015, 04:04 PM
I saw something big was going through that area last night, was a narrow storm but a foot of snow