PDA

View Full Version : MSRP's/dealer prices in Canada.

Oli1200
02-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Even though I paid for my bike almost a full year ago I've been obssessing over MSRP's and dealer markups lately. I seems if you get a bike at MSRP in the states it's a fabulous thing. I got my bike for the Canadian MSRP and was wondering if MSRP is the ideal target price for Harley's in Canada as it is in the states?

Does anybody know what the average dealer invoice markup percentage is in relation to MSRPs's? I just read it's at least 10%.

speedman
02-19-2005, 12:00 AM
It varies significantly here in eastern Ontario. I know of several dealers who sell slightly below MSRP (~$500 on average). There is one dealer just west of here who is very large and is usually $1000.00 over MSRP, while another dealer who is mid-sized sticks religiously to MSRP.

The three dealers that sell just under MSRP are all great shops that treat customers extremely well. The one who is over priced amazes me that they sell so many bikes as they are not a friendly operation. The one who sticks to MSRP is just a boring middle of the road joint IMO.

Regards,

SM

Oli1200
02-19-2005, 04:19 AM
Hey Speedman, who are the one's that sell below MSRP? Thanks.

speedman
02-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Cameron's in Perth, Motorsports Plus in Kingston and Spanky's in Peterborough. Cameron's always have the best deals, but at least Motorosports and Spanky's will haggle with you. The rest of them in this area really stick to MSRP, or above.

Regards,

SM

EDIT - fixed a typo