PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season

windrebel
02-17-2005, 02:54 AM
I am really pissed off. When I heard they were cancelling the season I got really irritated. You would think somebody could get their shit together enough to figure things out. Then again I guess that is asking too much. :angry: :( bitchin

whodatt
02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
I guess that in their fight over money, everyone loses. :angry:

Hellswraith
02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Well they should have worked something out about 5 months ago when the season was really supposed to start . Even had they had a season now it would have only been 30 games or so . Bahhh !! Pissed me off too - no STARS this year and Im jonesen for some sports . At least we got the Mavs , but I dont follow basketball ball as close as I do hockey , or football . Bring on April and the NFL draft already ...

:lol:

Harley-Ray
02-17-2005, 02:12 PM
There is not going to be hockey? Does anyone outside of Toronto and Montreal REALLY care. I seriously think more people watch figure skating and bowling than hockey.

Growlpipe
02-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that pissed me off too about the NO HOCKEY SEASON!!!!! Money always gets in the way..............................

I dig Hockey, other than Nascar, Hockey's the only sport I'm into.

tradrockrat
02-17-2005, 08:02 PM
There is not going to be hockey? Does anyone outside of Toronto and Montreal REALLY care. I seriously think more people watch figure skating and bowling than hockey.

More and more people are realizing that Hockey is what Football used to be. Rough, fast, aggressive, atheletic, and a team sport.

Now of course that's all f#cked up cause of greed.

Go ...Uh...nobody :angry:

bobber47
02-17-2005, 08:13 PM
dam you mean i cant follow redwings to victory dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tony
02-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Sorry, if the greed is more important than the game...then cancel it for good!

Its about time sanctions are placed on sports and bring the game back to being whats important. Some of us are tired of paying high prices to make these people rich.

Hotshotrucking
02-20-2005, 02:33 PM
OWNERS bitchin PLAYERS groucho Its all about the money baby! "Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money!

wreckerman
02-20-2005, 02:43 PM
what will are northern nabors do for income and recreation without hockey
they might have to get the puck out and ride there bikes :lol: :lol:

tradrockrat
02-20-2005, 06:58 PM
dam you mean i cant follow redwings to victory dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Ave's would have kicked their ass anyway... (let the brawl begin!!) :lol:

BlackKnight
02-28-2005, 01:46 AM
NASCAR's a sport? :huh:

Can't fault the owners on this one fellas. I'm no Gary Bettman fan but I have to give him high marks for standing his ground. NHL players make 75 cents on every dollar brought in! Talk about greed running wild..these guys are gonna lose it all if they are not careful. Wanna know what destroyed the NHL? Wayne GRETZKY and his warm weather teams!

Forget the big leagues..just got back from a hockey tournament in Atlanta. We walked away with the championship. Its been a 13 month layoff for me and it felt good to be back. Can't walk right now but good nevertheless! :D

Spoiler
02-28-2005, 02:02 AM
I can't say much for the NHL ... but I'm sort of glad they cancelled the remainder of the season instead of playing a partial one.

As for us in Wisconsin we still have the AHL which includes the Milwaukee Admirals. Hockey lovers can still enjoy the watching sport ... and also spend a little less money on the price of admission. B)