PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

madfish
02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Guys,

looking at trading in the 03 hera softtail classic and going for a road king custom 05.

Any ideas on trade in values apr's with good credit payments expected etc etc etc :wacko:

TIA

OldSalt
02-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, I am a little biased, but there is no way in hell I would make that trade. Heck, the Softail is just now getting broke in good. There is just no advantage to trading it in right now.

braindead89
02-18-2005, 12:19 AM
I compared the two myself before deciding on a Road King but I have to agree with Old Salt. I wouldn't even consider trading it yet. If theres something about it you can't stand, then change it. Harley has tons and tons of parts to make the bike feel different, try a new seat, maybe some different handlebars. Find the nitch that will make you comforable on that bike and your wallet will appriciate it too

Tony
02-18-2005, 01:55 AM
You wont get as much on your trade in if you delay. Obviously you are wanting to make the trade, and probably have good reasons. So that beng said, instead of trying to change your mind, you need answers on your questions.

As far as your questions of payments and such...trade now and your payments will be lower. Check out the HD site and check out the payments section and play around with it to see how your payments will be.

Good Luck!

CurryBob
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
madfish

Kelly blue book has bike book values for trade-in or retail values if you want to sell yourself. www.kbb.com will get you there. Also check with the dealer, mine let my friend floor a bike for free because she was buying a new one from them.

Good Luck

Bob

madfish
02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
thanks guys

just fealt more comfortable on the road king I tried the other night.

Tony
02-18-2005, 05:22 PM
thanks guys

Well thats the main thing. Rent one for the day to be sure!

Wide
02-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I always tell people to sell the bike themselves if they can.
I know it's easy to trade it in, just depends on your financial state ;)

Horse
02-18-2005, 05:41 PM
thanks guys

Sound like the right time to trade, or sell privately, and get the RK. You have read (?) all of the postings on buying a bike so your know about the advise that's out their. Or in other words, JUST DO IT.......

02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
thanks guys

You mentioned you were interested in buying an '05 Road King CUSTOM. Did you ride a CUSTOM or regular Road King the other night. The Custom is a very different, albeit shiny animal than the regular RK.

I ride a Road King '02 FLHRI and '04 FLHPI. I found the Custom a rather big let down. The lowered suspension of the Custom just plain sucks. And what is with that dopey wind deflector and those beach bars? It might be a nice bar hopper, but the RK Custom ain't no touring bike -- more like a Road Queen.

Also, I'd do the trade sooner rather than later as many dealers only want recent model year used bikes with low mileage. Most dealers will give you a crappy trade-in once a bike is more that 24 months old with more than 24,000 miles -- they wholesale older high mileage bikes.

wreckerman
02-18-2005, 11:15 PM
best advice i can offer , ride your bike and try to sell it , while you are still rideing it , once it sell's go down and get the bike you want , you will get the best buck for your bike that way and you will be in the best postion for buying your new bike with out the trade in