View Full Version : New 05 Road King, I need sum Help...

08-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Well, after reading all the posts and comments from in here I FINALLY put a down on an 05 Road King. THANKS ALL YOU KNUCKELHEADS for getting me into $26,000 worth of debt ! It's coming in early October (so they say) and I've NEVER OWNED or RIDEN a bike in my life and I'm 55! Anyway, I want to start my Harley experience off on the right foot and go ahead and do some preliminary buying. I live in Florida in a Condo ..should I consider buying a Cover? (what kind), a chain lock? (what kind), a helmet(what brand). Are the stock seats descent or should I consider upgrading? Any advice on cleaners/waxes too? How about the service manuel- do I need it? Any thoughts on extended warranty? I just need some advice from you experienced guys on what I should look out for and what I need to do to make this whole EXPENSIVE NEW HOBBY as enjoyable and hassel-free as possible. Am I going to have this excited feeling in my groin for the next 2 months??

08-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Very cool Whitewalls!!!

Glad we were able to put you in the poor house :)

Yes to all!!

You been reading our posts

Here's a good story on security

Here's another good on by TomF
The service manuel is a must.

The cover is a must, & get a very good one if it's outside.

Far as cleaning goes thats not a priorty of mine,(I drive a bone stock 65 Panhead, even the orig dirt) maybe some of the guys could better lead you.

Also a rider safety course is a great start.

Congradulations on your new toy :)

08-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Just wanted to jump in and welcome you to the forums whitewalls and congratulate you on your new bike. drunks

08-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Whitewalls, congrats on the new bike, good choice. Don't know what RK you're getting, but if you're gonna do a lot of two up riding, you will probably upgrade the seat. My wife said the pillion on my RK Classic felt like sitting on a kotex. About that feeling in your groin Bro, if it's from the bike,hopefully it won't ever go away, otherwise you best be having your ol lady take care of it. As for being in the poor house: get used to it and welcome to the club. The harley addiction is a very expensive habit, but man, what a high!!!!! Ride safe when you get er, Buck.

08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Tks for the REMARKS boys...Gonna start the rider course on Thursday. I'll bring my cane and I guess one of the young Bucks can help me gettin up on one of the Buells. And actually, the thing in my groin is from the 768 pounds I'll be easin' on top of cum October. It's a Standard RK in Vivid Black with no accessories. They charged me $600 for the freight and Stealer prep. I got one more day to decide if I want to do her or not and still be able to get my down back. Assuming I get the thing I'll try and post a pic of me and Momma straddlin that thing and MAYBE she'll treat you boys to a shot of the bazookas hangin'. groucho

08-24-2004, 10:32 PM
whitwalls congradulation on the new rk , as for the seat you will have to try the stock one to see how it fits you most likely you will change it i like saddleman for myself but that is me as for cleaning and up keep the Soo-2000 is a very good chioce all there line is good for cleaning and polishing . and as for the extende coverage you have 2 year factory warrenty to start with and you have the option to pick up more coverage at any time before the warrenty runs out so you might want to hold off for a bit