PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Daytona...

magoo
03-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Just got back from Daytona in one piece. It was pretty crazy too! left mar.4th We rode our bikes from Louisiana just behind a rain storm front. Roads were clearing as we traveled East. Got lucky there. Made it to Daytona on Fri. afternoon. First thing we saw was a Daytona PD pulling over a bike for loud pipes going over the Main St. Bridge. There were signs all over town that said "We're Glad To Have You Back" followed by signs that said "RIDE QUIETLY PLEASE" Someone told us it would be a $200 fine for unnessary motor reving.........Bullshit... if you ask me. Also saw several bikes being pulled over by Traffic cops on Main St. also ticketed.

On Saturday we spent all day and half the night on the streets. Having a Ball . Started getting a little hungry went to the "Boot Hill Saloon" They were cooking outside First off My Buddy could not enter because he had a backpack..... :huh: O.K. I'll get you a sandwich to go..... Then they stopped my wife..... would not let her in due to she was wearing a "CLUB PATCH" :angry: Guess which patch? Her HCG patch. Oh well none the less we left Boot Hill Saloon Hungry

We got up Sunday packin' for the road because rain was headin' into Louisiana so we hit the road West.........We would travel as long as it was'nt raining....... Well we missed the rain and we spent 16 hrs on the road straight through.to home. Slept for a day and a half. now I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow.

All in All We did have a great time.... No problems on the road, there and back And I Must say My Wife was a real trooper , she spent all day and half the night on the back of the Bike with no bitchin' as long as she was warm she was ready to roll.............She's a keeper for sure. I'll post a few picks later.

affatboy04
03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Is the typical response for the PD at Daytona, or was this year different? I had seriously thought about going to Daytona, but I after reading your report, I don't think I would have escaped without a ticket or two...

Bummer!! It will be interesting to see additional feedback from folks returning. It will make a difference as to whether I go in future years.

Wide
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
The HCG Patch got banned :lol: :lol:

Only if they got to know us :wub:

Glad you had a good time :D

magoo
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
I think it was a new campaign from the Mayor to try and keep the noise down for the local residents who have been complaining ..... Big Red Machine was RIGHT!!!!! CHEEZ WHIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also saw a DPD write 15 parking tickets for a group of bikes that were parked in a spot that had YELLOW PAINT on the curb.... after he got back in his car he shook and rubbed his hands like he had writers cramp. I almost parked in a place like that And this guy told me "better not park there , cops are writing tkt's... So I had to locate another spot.

magoo
03-09-2005, 02:23 AM
couple of pic's

magoo
03-09-2005, 02:34 AM
more

magoo
03-09-2005, 02:42 AM
more

Tony
03-09-2005, 03:38 AM
I used to go to Boot Hill years ago, and they had signs barring colors. But I cant see the HCG patch being barred...Weird!

Hellswraith
03-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Looks kewl Magoo !! Ready to roll the 335 , 336, 337 again ? I know I certainly am . TFB must be afk on business , havent seen him post in a few .

drunks

NY90
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Sounds like you had a blast!

Slice
03-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Cool pics!

That chick sure has nice beers!

B) B) :wub:

xxxflhrci
03-14-2005, 04:47 AM
I got back yesterday. I was there a week and stayed in Daytona. I saw very few bikes getting pulled over in the city. But outside of Daytona, I saw 'em getting stopped a lot. In Ormond at Ironhorse/Boot Hill, they stand in the median strip and stop guys for apes all day long. I saw 3 get ticketed in about 15 minutes one afternoon. That is a regular occurence there. I was there 5 years ago and go pulled over in a group for the same thing.

WolfSpectre
03-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Looks like you had alot of fun. I also see you got your trailer built. How did it feel pulling that thing that far?

magoo
03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Looks like you had alot of fun. I also see you got your trailer built. How did it feel pulling that thing that far?

Hey Wolf.... It pulled really well, at 75 and 80 mph you can't even tell it's there. The bike had to work a little bit harder, I was 2up and a loaded trailer. about 400 lbs. trailer weight. Only got about 28 mpg on the gas. Was looking for a station every 125 miles or so, we were ready for a break by then anyway. Next trip: N. Arkansas to go camping....
will see how it pulls in the mountains.

Later.........

Wide
03-15-2005, 01:32 PM
I saw very few bikes getting pulled over in the city. But outside of Daytona, I saw 'em getting stopped a lot. In Ormond at Ironhorse/Boot Hill,

Very true about Ormond.

Have to half disagree about in Daytona, after 8 pm the police were out in full force pulling over everyone cars, trucks & bikes for the most minor thing they could find. I sat there for about an hour & watched close to 20 people get pulled over for just sitting in traffic & doing nothing (may have had no reg or sticker ect) Looked like they were after DUI's

All in all was a great time :D

gliderider94
03-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Every year my boss borrows my trailer to go to bike week in Daytona. He just got back and brought my trailer back. I've been stuck in the snow and cold, but I understand my trailer had a great time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

johnnyb57
03-15-2005, 01:57 PM
My daughter was there for spring break..well anyway sat.nite to wed. called me on sunday morning to tease me...told me i should've gone it was cool (as she put it) except for the long lines to get food..At her hotel there were alot of bikers, she said they were nice people but drank to much..shit four colledge girls and no problems, except for the nite they got drunk and decided to go skinny dipping..now how could she say they drink to much...Anyway got a couple of shirts, and a hat...maybe next year..