PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna bitch for a sec

skeezix
03-13-2005, 11:50 PM
I gotta bitch about cheap ass parts that you pay good dollars for. I bought a new fuel petcock cuz my old one was clogged or some crap. I put the new on on (it came from Preston) and I craked er good and tight (you know how those shovel fat bobs leak all over your nice carb) and it stripped the nut, not the threads but the nut. Now I gotta use teh old V grips to tighten it enough on a brand new freakin petcock. Gotta love that cheap crap.

skeez

wreckerman
03-14-2005, 12:05 AM
skeezix back for one day and bitching already :lol: glad to see you back and you better make it to speedmans party this year so i can meet you in person.anyway yes some of the parts they make these days, make you wounder weather you would have been better off leaveing the old part on instead of buying a new one . it pisses me off to no end when i see crap like that happen

rwpatton
03-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Skeeez! where y'a been man?

I hate sh*t parts! Gott'a be careful ordering from the catalogs. Sometimes y'a have noway of knowing t'ill y'a get them, then you just have to remember to stick with brand name stuff.

With some exceptions y'a get what y'a pay for. B)

RW

thorsblood
03-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Yep, welcome back Skee. Cheap parts suck. For better or worse, if you by it from Harley it generally is pretty well made, if expensive. WTF.

skeezix
03-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Thx for the welcome back guys, I have already booked off the weekend to meet at Speedmans place. Then you can all see my hacked up shovel for yourselves !! :))

skeez

rwpatton
03-16-2005, 05:55 AM
Seezix No apologies for a running shovel. Cool! Put a snowplow on the front end :o

RW

skeezix
03-17-2005, 10:34 PM
I dug up my old skool fuel petcock from my toolbox today (the one with the 2 little switch type things for turning on and reserve). If it works I am going to mail this chrome POS back to Preston. :D

skeez

rwpatton
03-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Hell I would too. Just to rub it in skeezix its sunny clear and 68 degrees here. :P

RW

skeezix
03-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Nice weather :(, we are having a heck of a winter here. I was putting up sap lines last week for syrup season and the snow was so deep in teh bush I had to wear snowshoes to work... so... CANADIANS DO WEAR SNOWSHOES TO WORK :D

skeez

wreckerman
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
if you run short on snowshoes , i have some used boots size 14eee they should work for you :lol: