PDA

View Full Version : It's official, I put the money down on a Road King

arthureld
08-26-2004, 02:55 AM
I finally did it. I put money down on a pearl black standard Road King with fuel injection. Man that was a lot of research, but I am sure I got what is right for me. And if it wasn't for this forum, I would have to research another six months to make such an educated decision. Thank you guys for putting up with my endless questions. I did buy the optional profile laced wheels even though they have tubes. I liked the look so much I couldn't help myself. Some day when I get a flat in Death Valley and am baked into a piece of human jerky I'll say "I should have listened". I'm also going to order the siren to go along with the factory security system. Well, sometime in October I'll pick up my Road King exactly the way I wanted it. One more thing I got is 10% off any accessories I buy.
Thanks again for such an excellent website and for all of your help. :D
arthureld

buck
08-26-2004, 03:07 AM
congrats,you wont be disapointed. I love it and only drove it 12 miles home so far. I could hardly wait 4 days to get mine off the showroom floor. I cant imagine ordering one.

whitewalls
08-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Looks like we both went off the deep end of the Bank together. I spent hours and hours researching just like you, then came came into this DEN of INIQUITY and got nudged into the Road king poor house listening to the advice of all these Gentlemen. Now we both have to sit around with high blood pressure salivating while we agonize 7 or 8 weeks until we get to feel the wind on the new new tin. I ordered mine in Vivid black tho trying to save a little so I could buy the Old Ladie's trade off leather jacket. I looked @ those laced wheels over and over again on the Harley interactive window but decided I would rather spend those hours of polishing the spokes up in the saddle. If these guys in here are any indication of the type of Harley riders I'm gonna meet on the road that ALONE would be worth the price of the scoot. I don't think I'd let them babysit my teenage daughter though. GREAT CHOICE and POST A PIC when you finally get to throw your leg over.

Wide
08-26-2004, 02:55 PM
You guys made a great choice!!!

It's "thee" classic Harley Davidson

If you ask me what a Harley looks like I would point to a Road King ;)

Mikey
08-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Congrats, man! Good luck with it and ride safe! :D

wreckerman
08-26-2004, 09:50 PM
glad you both were able to get what you want , ithink you will both be very happy ..and sence you have time on your hands what better way to spend it hanging out here with us :lol: