PDA

View Full Version : Currently on TAP................

Rusty
04-03-2005, 03:37 AM
I've got a clone of Arrogant Bastard that I'm drinking on.......

A clone of Bud that I call RustyWeiser that is carbonating ........

And a Blond Ale that is dry hopping in secondary right now.

Just purchased two cornies and I'll start kegging with my next batch that I plan on brewing next weekend.

Any suggestions on what I should brew?

Tony
04-03-2005, 03:41 AM
How about one of those Thanksgiving or Christmas Stouts that take 2 months in the secondary and 6 months in the bottle or key to fully develop.

Ive seen a couple that Im thinking about doing myself. They have a Yule Fuel thats 9.9% :wacko:

Rusty
04-03-2005, 04:11 AM
How about one of those Thanksgiving or Christmas Stouts that take 2 months in the secondary and 6 months in the bottle or key to fully develop.

Ive seen a couple that Im thinking about doing myself. They have a Yule Fuel thats 9.9% :wacko:

Hopefully by the end of the summer i'll have an extra fridge and I can do lagers............ I'll do one of those rocket fuel brews for thanksgiving and christmas........ freakin freakin

Rusty
04-03-2005, 04:14 AM
tomorrow is a big brew day at my house. I'll be bottleing my blonde ale and racking my grapefruit wine and racking my strawberry wine..........

I got my kegs and have been cleaning them since about noon today. I filled them with 5 gallons of wather and dropped some oxy clean in there. I'll rinse them puppies out tomorrow.

Tony
04-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Ah lagers....I definately need some climate control before making one.

I keep forgetting to look for used refrigerators!

LostLake
04-03-2005, 06:06 AM
I like doing lagers during the winter when I can put a little insulated box in the corner of my basement up against an outside wall. It keeps about 55 - 60 degrees really easy.

If you look for a fridge in the paper, always go for the Harvest Gold or Light Green refrigerators... Nobody wants them, and you can pick up a good one for under $50. I've got three of them now... one was even free the guy was so sick of people sayig the fridge was the wrong color (a two tone brown). He was happy to get rid of it! B)

Wide
04-03-2005, 06:12 AM
tomorrow is a big brew day at my house. I'll be bottleing my blonde ale and racking my grapefruit wine and racking my strawberry wine..........

I got my kegs and have been cleaning them since about noon today. I filled them with 5 gallons of wather and dropped some oxy clean in there. I'll rinse them puppies out tomorrow.

Take some pictures for us :D

Rusty
04-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I like doing lagers during the winter when I can put a little insulated box in the corner of my basement up against an outside wall. It keeps about 55 - 60 degrees really easy.

If you look for a fridge in the paper, always go for the Harvest Gold or Light Green refrigerators... Nobody wants them, and you can pick up a good one for under $50. I've got three of them now... one was even free the guy was so sick of people sayig the fridge was the wrong color (a two tone brown). He was happy to get rid of it! B)

I've been looking at them and I'm sure that is the way I'm going to go. As soon as this election is over with, I'll have more time on my hands. Just two more days and it's over.

Rusty
04-03-2005, 02:32 PM

Take some pictures for us :D

I will............Should be an interesting day.

Rusty
04-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Well, my whole day today was consumed with elections shit. I didn't get to do anything with any of my wines or beer..........Looks like I'll have to wait till wed. or thurs. to get things done..........

Rusty
04-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Update ..............

Started drinkin the American Light........It's about half gone now. Had a couple of buddies over and, well........you know how it goes............

Blonde ale in Keg..........Ordered my co2 tank and beer lines. Should be able to drink this stuff next weekend.

Dead guy clone is in primary............

I'll be brewing again this weekend. Just don't know what yet.

Tony
04-12-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey Rusty, does that book of yours have a recipe for "Newcastle Brown Ale"? I went out to dinner tonight and had a few pints and remember how much I love it.

Rusty
04-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Hey Rusty, does that book of yours have a recipe for "Newcastle Brown Ale"? I went out to dinner tonight and had a few pints and remember how much I love it.

It sure does........

8.750 lbs of British 2-row pale
2oz of British crystal 55L
2oz of British Chocolate
1oz of British black malt

.750 oz of bittering hops (It says (5 HBU's) your faovorite) at begining of boil
.500 oz of East kent golding (15 min's)

Wyeast 1098 (British Ale yeast)

Rusty
04-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Sorry....forgot to add.........

OG = 1.048 to 1.051
FG = 1.011 to 1.013
IBU = 26
SRM = 23
ABV = 4.7%

Tony
04-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Oh you are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much!!!! I will be adding this to my list, and getting the needed supplies.