PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of ribs....Bbq sauce recipe

Slice
04-07-2005, 01:09 AM
This is a bbq sauce recipe given to me years ago by a lady that grew up in Key West.

It is NOT your typical bbq sauce like KC Materpiece at all.

It is our absolute favorite and we haven't bought bbq sauce since I got this recipe a loooong time ago.

1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. chili powder ( we usually ad a tad more)
1/8 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 cup of quality soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 tsp of tobasco

Mix all in a sauce pan and heat to a very mild boil.
Turn the heat down and simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes.

Give it a try, you just might like it!

Tony
04-07-2005, 01:19 AM
Mmmmmm....sounds good to me!!!!! I may have to try that one! Plus Im like you, I like Chili powder, and may add more tabasco.

Shepherd
04-07-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm not tellin.... :P

Wide
04-07-2005, 04:08 AM
YEP

BBQ season is here drunks

GOing to try this one :D

Tony
04-07-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm not tellin.... :P

What are you, the damn baked bean guy from TV?

Rusty
04-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna try this one too........Damn, I love a good sauce...... ;)

Slice
04-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Let me know what you think of it.

It really is different with a good tang and bite to it.

Rusty
04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Let me know what you think of it.

It really is different with a good tang and bite to it.

I'll prob. make it tomorrow night...........

Shepherd
04-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok dammit..........but if I see it for sale, I'm hunting down whomever and puttin their balls in a meat grinder freakin

I measure nothing !! so be forewarned:

katchup: 2 cups maybe
white onion1 small , minced very fine
garlic: 2 cloves mashed/minced
ginger: a piece about the size of a quarter and 1/4" thick..treat the same as the garlic
Tamarand paste ( this could be hard to find, an indian food store might have it) if not, sunstitute worchestershire sauce...maybe 1/3 cup
Briar rabbit black strap molassis: 1/4 cup
Sirachi: it's a Thai hot sauce, comes in a clear plastic squirt bottle with a rooster on it. Use it to taste, I use about a 3second squeeze.

put it in a pot..and let it simmer for about 10/15 min untill it gets as thick as you like.

remember, those were estimates on the measurements:

Slice
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Ok dammit..........but if I see it for sale, I'm hunting down whomever and puttin their balls in a meat grinder freakin

ginger: a piece about the size of a quarter and 1/4" thick..treat the same as the garlic
Tamarand paste ( this could be hard to find, an indian food store might have it) if not, sunstitute worchestershire sauce...maybe 1/3 cup
Sirachi: it's a Thai hot sauce, comes in a clear plastic squirt bottle with a rooster on it. Use it to taste, I use about a 3second squeeze.

put it in a pot..and let it simmer for about 10/15 min untill it gets as thick as you like.

I don't know what some of those sauces are, but I'm game for anything.

I'll see if I can find that stuff and try this out!

Shepherd
04-07-2005, 10:25 PM

I thought I explained everything..what did I miss ? :(

Slice
04-07-2005, 11:03 PM

I thought I explained everything..what did I miss ? :(

Shepherd,

You explained it fine, I've just never heard of those sauces. Not to worry, you can find anything in the Chicago area.

Sorry for the confusion!