PDA

View Full Version : Racked the brown ale today

Slice
04-11-2005, 04:03 AM
It's nice and brown (oddly enuff!) has a good ale flavor with a fairly light "stout" type of flavor over the top.

It spent 1 week in Primary, two in secondary, and now I'll have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for the first sampling.

This one should be pretty good, but not really outstanding....It's "thinner" flavored than I expected for such a brown beer.

We'll see what carbonation and a bit of aging do.

Tony
04-11-2005, 08:02 AM
It's nice and brown (oddly enuff!) has a good ale flavor with a fairly light "stout" type of flavor over the top.

It spent 1 week in Primary, two in secondary, and now I'll have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for the first sampling.

This one should be pretty good, but not really outstanding....It's "thinner" flavored than I expected for such a brown beer.

We'll see what carbonation and a bit of aging do.

Ive had a few good thin Brown Ales. Sam Smith Nut Brown Ale was one of my favs! Good luck on yours.

mhansen
04-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Hey slice,

I got to try some of your homebrew when I went and met wreckerman this past weekend. Good stuff! I did a little bit of homebrewing myself once upon a time, and one taste of yours made me want to jump back into it. The store that I used to buy my supplies from no longer carries them however. Since you don't live all that far from me it seems, would you recommend a good shop to me? Thanks.

Mike

Slice
04-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey slice,

I got to try some of your homebrew when I went and met wreckerman this past weekend. Good stuff! I did a little bit of homebrewing myself once upon a time, and one taste of yours made me want to jump back into it. The store that I used to buy my supplies from no longer carries them however. Since you don't live all that far from me it seems, would you recommend a good shop to me? Thanks.

Mike

Would be glad to help! Where are you actually located?

mhansen
04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Slice,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm in Chicago itself, southeast side, close to the Indiana border (109th street). I have no problem with running to Naperville though, if that's where your favorite shop is located. Thanks!!

Mike

Slice
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Slice,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm in Chicago itself, southeast side, close to the Indiana border (109th street). I have no problem with running to Naperville though, if that's where your favorite shop is located. Thanks!!

Mike

Sent you a PM.

bottomsup bottomsup