PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough already!!

gliderider94
04-14-2005, 03:32 PM
O.K., stop it. I used to be a home brewing freak. Never, ever, ever get an engineer involved in a hobby involving alcohol. Tending to take things to extremes I ended up ultimately building a 15 gallon, three vessel, gas fired, computor automated brewing system (similar to the Pico Brewing System (http://www.pico-brewing.com) if you've ever heard of that). I was even a charter member of the Ford Order of Renesaunce Draughtsmen (F.O.R.D. homebrew club). I was a BJCP certified judge and four time winner of the Porter and Stout catagories at the Michigan state fair (twice in each catagory). I hung up my fermenter when I got involved in the M/C club I'm in. There just didn't seam to be enough time, especially on weekends.

Having suffered through all the home brewing talk now so profound on the HCG I came to a point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. I just can't sit here and watch you guys have all the fun and drink all that good beer by yourself. I stopped at the supply shop after work yesterday and went home and pulled the old equipment out of storage last night and now I'm prepared to brew this weekend.

I'll be making a variation of one of my old stand-by's, an oatmeal stout. I'm going to do a 5 gallon all grain batch using Yyeast English Ale liqouid yeast (the starter is cranking as we speak) and I'm going to call it....

HCG Out of Mothballs Oatmeal Stout

Let the games begin.
drunks

Wide
04-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Bear, an idle mind is no good

Keep it going ;)

Yes I am getting buzzed just reading this forum also, I will be trying this in the near future also, heck I grow my own yeast for bread why not beer crapper

HeadDoc
04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
O.K., stop it. I used to be a home brewing freak. Never, ever, ever get an engineer involved in a hobby involving alcohol. Tending to take things to extremes I ended up ultimately building a 15 gallon, three vessel, gas fired, computor automated brewing system (similar to the Pico Brewing System (http://www.pico-brewing.com) if you've ever heard of that). I was even a charter member of the Ford Order of Renesaunce Draughtsmen (F.O.R.D. homebrew club). I was a BJCP certified judge and four time winner of the Porter and Stout catagories at the Michigan state fair (twice in each catagory). I hung up my fermenter when I got involved in the M/C club I'm in. There just didn't seam to be enough time, especially on weekends.

Having suffered through all the home brewing talk now so profound on the HCG I came to a point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. I just can't sit here and watch you guys have all the fun and drink all that good beer by yourself. I stopped at the supply shop after work yesterday and went home and pulled the old equipment out of storage last night and now I'm prepared to brew this weekend.

I'll be making a variation of one of my old stand-by's, an oatmeal stout. I'm going to do a 5 gallon all grain batch using Yyeast English Ale liqouid yeast (the starter is cranking as we speak) and I'm going to call it....

Let the games begin.
drunks

WTF! You, Bear are a true Renaisance man! I'll bet you shock the F*ck out of a lot of people who might not realize the breadth of your interests, intellect, and experiences all beneath the surface of a patch wearin' senior citizen. B) keep us posted on your stout

gliderider94
04-14-2005, 03:56 PM
WTF! You, Bear are a true Renaisance man! I'll bet you shock the F*ck out of a lot of people who might not realize the breadth of your interests, intellect, and experiences all beneath the surface of a patch wearin' senior citizen. B) keep us posted on your stout

I'm really not that deep or diverse. I just think I've been severly ADD since way before anyone ever came up with a name for it. I am also extreemly obsesive. When something strikes my fancy I research it with a passion, jump into it head over heals and try to do it all the way. Once I feel I've grasped or come close to mastering it, I get bored with it and move on.

Q) How many ADD kids does it take to change a light bulb?
A) Wanna go play?

P.S. I love it when people stereotype me and assume that I am nothing more then appearances would suggest. Anyone who writes me off as just some low life dirt bag no account biker scum usually ends up with egg on their face (and quite often I will end up with a few things of theirs - wife, girlfriend, dog, self respect, etc.) I'm a profoundly sick individual, but I am constantly able to find new ways of having fun with that.
:lol: :P B)

WolfSpectre
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
A) Wanna go play?

That is one of my favorites! :lol:

mhansen
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
When something strikes my fancy I research it with a passion, jump into it head over heals and try to do it all the way. Once I feel I've grasped or come close to mastering it, I get bored with it and move on.

That's about the best way I've heard of describing the way I do things, too. I thought I was the only one. I couldn't even begin to add up the money I've spent on each of my "interests", only to abandon them at sometime in the future. Oh well, you can't take it with you.

Mike

tradrockrat
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
A) Wanna go play?

That is one of my favorites! :lol:

I don't ge -- Oh look! A butterfly!

Rusty
04-14-2005, 07:04 PM

Let the games begin.
drunks

It does my heart good to hear that this forum actually re-kindled your desire to make your own beer. I'd be willing to bet that when you get a taste of it again, You'll ask yourself why you ever stopped.

Tony
04-14-2005, 11:56 PM
It does my heart good to hear that this forum actually re-kindled your desire to make your own beer...

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Rusty
04-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Bear, how's the beer going this weekend?

Give us an update............... B)

frobozz
04-19-2005, 09:19 PM
O.K., stop it. I used to be a home brewing freak.

Cool man...... I take back everything bad I may have ever said about you !

Fro...